Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

teagone posted:

I read the full spoilers. Lol.

Same

It seems impressively bloated and self referential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Like it reminds me of how anyone who appears on Wrestlemania gets a bonus so everyone has a moment even if it's totally arbitrary and minute and it's like that but for actors who have been in MCU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm seeing it tomorrow (early opening in china) and based on the leaked footage and what people are hinting at it sounds like i'm gonna have a bad time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The character endings also seem weirdly out of place for everyone.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

R. Guyovich posted:

i'm seeing it tomorrow (early opening in china) and based on the leaked footage and what people are hinting at it sounds like i'm gonna have a bad time.

I think as long as you go in knowing its spiking the football for a franchise of 22 profitable films in a row its fine.

Its not really a story as much as it's one of those old sitcom episodes where they go "hey remember that time?"

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

it makes for bad films but having every movie in your franchise either be "hey lots of cool stuff is gonna happen in future films!" and then getting to those future films and going "hey remember when this happened?" is pretty genius

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

teagone posted:

I read the full spoilers. Lol.

I did too, haha. The hell is this movie? None of this stuff makes sense as far as character development goes unless they're using the excuse that the (slight kind of non specific spoiler) 5 year time skip changed their personalities.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think as long as you go in knowing its spiking the football for a franchise of 22 profitable films in a row its fine.

Its not really a story as much as it's one of those old sitcom episodes where they go "hey remember that time?"

Fuckin love those eps

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

teagone posted:

The character endings also seem weirdly out of place for everyone.

Read a better summarization that wasn't in broken English and it makes a little more sense, but still like uhhh. Lol.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i read the spoiler post and now there's one of two options:

1) people used the leaked footage to construct a phony rest of the movie and what will actually happen is very different
2) the leaks are real and i'm gonna laugh my rear end off at the ridiculous hype building up to...that

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Darko posted:

I did too, haha. The hell is this movie? None of this stuff makes sense as far as character development goes unless they're using the excuse that the (slight kind of non specific spoiler) 5 year time skip changed their personalities.

Yeah, that's easily the excuse for sure.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, if the spoilers I'm reading on Reddit are true... I think the bubble might be about to pop.

Like, it doesn't sound like there's very much there, what is there is gonna seriously piss some people off, and the ending doesn't leave them in a great place going forward. It'll make all the money in the world opening weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if its legs are absolutely awful, and unless they have something really good waiting in the wings they'll probably have a hard time getting butts back in seats for more.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I read the “spoilers”, I put it in quotes because who knows if they’re real, and holy poo poo this movie...oh man this is going to be some stupid, hilarious, and awful poo poo if they’re real.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I am loving howling at Black Widow finally getting a purpose in the MCU and that purpose is to die.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Pirate Jet posted:

I am loving howling at Black Widow finally getting a purpose in the MCU and that purpose is to die.

They're making a Black Widow movie, don't get your hopes up.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Cythereal posted:

They're making a Black Widow movie, don't get your hopes up.

Ah poo poo you’re right, I can’t believe I forgot.

I can’t decide if that makes it funnier though.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The thing I love the most is what they do with Captain Marvel after all the build up

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

Easily the worst.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

teagone posted:

Yeah, that's easily the excuse for sure.

Good to know there will be another catch-all excuse for any criticism of characterization lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

Ah poo poo you’re right, I can’t believe I forgot.

I can’t decide if that makes it funnier though.

Funnier for sure. It's a facade of drama.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

teagone posted:

Read a better summarization that wasn't in broken English and it makes a little more sense, but still like uhhh. Lol.

can you pm me the post?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If the bubble pops on the last movie of their $20 billion franchise... oh darn.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The one thing I like is that it seems like a perfect narrative point to just not care about the MCU anymore after this

Like, at least its conclusive

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The thing I love the most is what they do with Captain Marvel after all the build up

I hope the spoilers left out why she couldn't do the snap and Tony had to because uhhh.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

colachute posted:

If the bubble pops on the last movie of their $20 billion franchise... oh darn.

I mean, it’s too late. This thing is gonna break $2 billion easy no matter what. Honestly the spoilers I’ve read still don’t even sound half as bad as Age of Ultron, and that movie did fine.

If you wanna get concerned about phase 4, yeah, knock yourself out. But I think there’s too much steam on this train for it to brake for miles.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I think the bigger test will be far from home which is a small story on the heels of the big finale

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

People are losing their poo poo on the spoiler reddit lol.

Mild Spider-verse spoilers as well:
I'm really excited to go see this with my friend who is a big MCU fan and said Spider-verse wasn't as good as he thought it was gonna be because they didn't explain the mechanics behind why the different spider-people time traveled into Miles' dimension at different times. I also don't understand how some of the leakers say the movie tries to make out that you cannot change the past when the final battle is literally against a younger time traveling Thanos.

Is the Black Widow movie a prequel now?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

just totally spoiled myself, and... huh. ok.they probably feel OK doing Natasha dirty because they know a movie is coming but man what a lame way to go. Ditto with basically resetting Peter/Gamora's relationship.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Like, there's a grand total of two things in the Endgame leak that didn't make me groan.

First, holy loving poo poo, they FINALLY had Steve say "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE." They've been teasing that for seven loving years and they finally did it. I have no idea why they were being so coy about it in the first place, it's like the #1 thing anyone knew about Avengers prior to the movies.

Secondly, the whole bit about Wanda being nuclear pissed at Thanos and him just not having any clue who she even is, is legit hilarious.

Caros
May 14, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Like, there's a grand total of two things in the Endgame leak that didn't make me groan.

First, holy loving poo poo, they FINALLY had Steve say "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE." They've been teasing that for seven loving years and they finally did it. I have no idea why they were being so coy about it in the first place, it's like the #1 thing anyone knew about Avengers prior to the movies.

Secondly, the whole bit about Wanda being nuclear pissed at Thanos and him just not having any clue who she even is, is legit hilarious.

It is legit. Movie just let out in China and there are a metric fuckton of spoilers floating around that confirm basically everything from the text leak earlier. It does look better in footage than in quick summary though, which is nice at least.

Still sour they decided to kill Tony.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Caros posted:

Still sour they decided to kill Tony.

Why didn't Captain Marvel do the snap. Why did it have to be Tony?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm not reading spoilers, but are we looking at a Mass Effect 3 ending situation?

Caros
May 14, 2008

teagone posted:

Why didn't Captain Marvel do the snap. Why did it have to be Tony?

From the sound of things, the last chunk of the movie is them playing hot potato with the gauntlet. The goal seems to be to get it back to the van so they can send it back in time and out of thanos' grasp (or something to that effect). Captain Marvel gets her hands on it, and Thanos gets his hands on her. The two scrap, she loses it and Thanos manages to put it on. She stops him from snapping again. Tony puts it on, Thanos makes some crack about how he can't use it because he is just a man, and Tony shoots back "I am Iron Man" before murdering thanos and his entire army. It also basically obliterates the right side of Tony's body so... not iron enough.

The actual unsnappening is much earlier in the film with Hulk. It fucks up his arm but he resurrects people who are then collected by strange to show up for the final battle.

Caros fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 23, 2019

Caros
May 14, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm not reading spoilers, but are we looking at a Mass Effect 3 ending situation?

Nah, it looks good. It probably won't satisfy everyone, and a couple of the key points are frustrating af, but it isn't the trainwreck of mass effect by any means.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I mean Mass Effect was promised to be this epic story where "your choices matter" and by the end they threw out everything you did in your your personal quest and gave you a choice of what color filter you wanted over your generic ending. I think you'd have to actively work extremely hard to ever reach that level of disappointment.

At the very least with Endgame we'll get some quips and at least one major death and some CGI fisticuffs which is basically al the MCU ever really promised.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Caros posted:

From the sound of things, the last chunk of the movie is them playing hot potato with the gauntlet. The goal seems to be to get it back to the van so they can send it back in time and out of thanos' grasp (or something to that effect). Captain Marvel gets her hands on it, and Thanos gets his hands on her. The two scrap, she loses it and Thanos is in a position to get it. Tony puts it on, Thanos makes some crack about how he can't use it because he is just a man, and Tony shoots back "I am Iron Man" before murdering thanos and his entire army. It also basically obliterates the right side of Tony's body so... not iron enough.

The actual unsnappening is much earlier in the film with Hulk. It fucks up his arm but he resurrects people who are then collected by strange to show up for the final battle.

Yeah I got that much from the spoilers. But looks like there was basically no reason Captain Marvel couldn't have sustained the snap herself to kills Thanos and his armies. Tony needlessly sacrificed himself it sounds like.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It seems like a bullshit character arc for Tony unless the film telegraphs he wants to kill himself to save everyone. Which seems out of whack because he and Pepper have a daughter. Why leave his family behind when Captain Marvel, the most powerful Avenger, was set up to handle the power of the gauntlet no problem? Hope the movie addresses that because lol.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao so it's not a dumb but interesting mess like Mass Effect 3, it's a dumb pre-DLC Fallout 3 ending where there's a ghoul and a super mutant standing there watching the PC sacrifice themselves. Brilliant.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Detective No. 27 posted:

Honestly, it's hard to call, especially just from a leaked plot that may not be 100% representative of how things play out in practice (there might be stuff left out, stuff slightly misrepresented, etc).

But if everything's true exactly as written, and there's no more to it, then the MCU has basically been an 11-year-long "BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE" gag. And that's loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It sounds like they had a couple of key scenes they wanted to film and no idea how to get to each one.