Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dikkfor posted:

AaaahhhhhhhHHHHHHHHH!

Just realised I've been grinding the Solo droid, and not the old republic droid, for TWO! MONTHS!

gently caress

that's fine, actually, because L3 loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
The recent ridiculousness of releases and constant quick-fixes has, at least, relieved me of any desire to chase the meta, freeing me to farm Tuskans without a care in the world.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

WerrWaaa posted:

The recent ridiculousness of releases and constant quick-fixes has, at least, relieved me of any desire to chase the meta, freeing me to farm Tuskans without a care in the world.

Ask me about my G12 Imperial Trooper teams. I've largely given up on chasing the meta too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So how beefy do the required Old Republic toons need to be for the Light Side Revan event? I have zBastilla at G12, zJolee at G11, but my Zaalbar, Mission, and T3 are all floating somewhere between G4-G6. Somewhere around G8, I'm assuming?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This game is much more enjoyable when you stop chasing arena ranks and just build fun teams of heros you like.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

thrawn527 posted:

So how beefy do the required Old Republic toons need to be for the Light Side Revan event? I have zBastilla at G12, zJolee at G11, but my Zaalbar, Mission, and T3 are all floating somewhere between G4-G6. Somewhere around G8, I'm assuming?

G8 should work, it's probably the easiest mission series.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

You can basically abandon T3 unless you want to do goofy droid things.

G8 mission and Z is enough for Revan but you want them g12 for Malak eventually and they’re generally great to have so keep at them.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got JKR with a G7 Mission and Z and a T1 level 1 T3, at level 80. i am also fairly positive they weren't skilled up past 3. G12 Bastila by herself with the provided JKR would carry you through everything else with a level 1 Jolee. you're way over prepared for those parts.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

loving finally they’re adding Padme. Though you need Separatists, so it’ll be a while for me. But still, it was getting weird that they hadn’t added her yet.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

thrawn527 posted:

loving finally they’re adding Padme. Though you need Separatists, so it’ll be a while for me. But still, it was getting weird that they hadn’t added her yet.

She's given as much to do as Lucas did in Episode 3

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
So uh are there any actual Separatist Leaders? I was looking at my toons and it seems like they're all generic or for droids.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Grievous.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Rabbi Tupac posted:

So uh are there any actual Separatist Leaders? I was looking at my toons and it seems like they're all generic or for droids.

GG has a lead that affects all seps but especially droids.

Dooku has a completely universal lead that’s actuallynpretty good.

Poggle has a lead that is Droids and Geonosians, which covers most of the faction, even if not explicitly.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna laugh when poggles AB on basic is the key upon which the entire event turns.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

I'm gonna laugh when poggles AB on basic is the key upon which the entire event turns.

I mean... he’s in the GW store and is literally the easiest g12 in the game.

So hell Yeah if so

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Okay thanks, I guess I didn't look closely enough at their text. I'm assuming this event is going to be stupid hard and will likely need the new(er) droids but we'll see. I have my 3 bug pilot boys all geared relatively well and several others 7 starred already so I might be in a decent spot for this.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
The current thinking is that yes, the event is gonna be really hard, but lots easier if you panic farm the sep droids.

I wouldn't be surprised if dooku, av, geos don't cut it even at g12.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Dooku/AV/Geo's three with big-rear end G12 6E mods might be able to gently caress this poo poo up, we'll see though.

There's a solid meat there, 2 offensive dispells, potential for huge dmg... we'll see

B2 would probably be worth gearing, but I'd hold off on gearing anything until we know more.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I'm skeptical it will be all Seps and not just Droid Seps given the packs they are currently selling.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

I'm skeptical it will be all Seps and not just Droid Seps given the packs they are currently selling.

right, but chewie was doable with Boba (L), greedo, ig88, zam, and dengar

it sucked poo poo, it took a while, but it was doable.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Well just to be sure I'm bringing max-gear zzGG and his basic attack that hits for 100k after a few turns :getin:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Burning_Monk posted:

In terms of “can I walk into the event with this squad”, they’ve confirmed all seps.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I only have Count Doofus, the 3 shipbugs and Asajj. The first 4 are decently geared, particularly the bugs but Asajj has never been worked on as i don't have a NS team. I figured id start gearing her yesterday and a few clicks later she is somehow G11 with the spare gear i have lying around. (easiest gear in the game?)
I am willing to spend some zetas if it means i have a improved chance at getting Padme; are any of Asajj's zetas useful outside of a NS team? (The unique is i suppose?) Is Asajj herself used on any non-NS teams? I don't have any plans to make a NS team as there is no time for that so any resourced put into Asajj now will only be used for the Padme event if Asajj is not used elsewhere.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

I only have Count Doofus, the 3 shipbugs and Asajj. The first 4 are decently geared, particularly the bugs but Asajj has never been worked on as i don't have a NS team. I figured id start gearing her yesterday and a few clicks later she is somehow G11 with the spare gear i have lying around. (easiest gear in the game?)
I am willing to spend some zetas if it means i have a improved chance at getting Padme; are any of Asajj's zetas useful outside of a NS team? (The unique is i suppose?) Is Asajj herself used on any non-NS teams? I don't have any plans to make a NS team as there is no time for that so any resourced put into Asajj now will only be used for the Padme event if Asajj is not used elsewhere.

I've said it a poo poo-ton but it bears repeating:

The nightsisters are extremely easy to gear. Everyone should gear their nightsisters.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Chilichimp posted:

I've said it a poo poo-ton but it bears repeating:

The nightsisters are extremely easy to gear. Everyone should gear their nightsisters.

Except initiate. But the rest, yes, I agree 100%, they're very good in all game modes.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cidrick posted:

Except initiate. But the rest, yes, I agree 100%, they're very good in all game modes.

Good thing initiate isn’t part of any team you’d want to build except for, y’know, the one where you want her at like, gear 8.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

CaptainPsyko posted:

Good thing initiate isn’t part of any team you’d want to build except for, y’know, the one where you want her at like, gear 8.

Deathstorm for Heroic Sith P3? Abso-lutely.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Don't gear Initiate.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
A lot of people ignore spirit, but she's great, especially in 3v3 GA when you can get two full nightsister teams together.

zzAssajj, Zombie, Spirit is ridiculously hard to kill considering how easy that team is to put together.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I slightly regret g12ing spirit, only because the nest comp came along right afterwards. But yeah, having two NS teams in 3s is nice. I run MT/Daka/zombie on D and AV/aco/spirit on O.

e: i also agree that they are worth squeezing into your plan. They kick a ton of rear end relative to their gear requirements.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Any tips for the Amidala event? Genos doesn't seem to cut it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

You need the Droids. I have a maxed zzGG and zB2, and I can't quite carry the rest of the squad with them in the last tier.

Padme might be staying at 6* for a bit.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So far many SM folks are getting her unlocked at least with AV/B2 +3. Having lots of dispel helps a lot apparently.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

It might not be the right strat, but for P5 I ran G12 zzAV (L) , G12 Dooku, G12 GeoSpy, G10 B2, G11 Sun Fac, with a lot of potency on dooku for stuns.

I killed Anakin, Padme, Anakin (rezzed), GK, Mon Calamari Jedi last.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
The Reddit is saying zzGriev, zAsaj, zB2, +2 (usually Magna and Dooku/SunFac). Hoping to get the gear by second run through of the event. :/

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Is anyone else Audio settings getting messed? Every time I load the game I have to go into the settings and toggle the audio from off/on/off.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This game has audio?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Popete posted:

This game has audio?

I'm trying to make so it doesn't. :(

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Burning_Monk posted:

Is anyone else Audio settings getting messed? Every time I load the game I have to go into the settings and toggle the audio from off/on/off.

It's a known bug, you gotta toggle it every time until they fix it :chloe:

WerrWaaa posted:

The Reddit is saying zzGriev, zAsaj, zB2, +2 (usually Magna and Dooku/SunFac). Hoping to get the gear by second run through of the event. :/

If you're aiming for next event, work on the droids imo. Also be aware that they're going to be reworking a few Seps for the new Geonosis dark side TB, so some of these characters will be far more useful next time the event comes around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MichiganCubbie posted:

Mon Calamari Jedi

Eh?