Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Happy 420 everyone, may your weed smoking be bountiful this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Hell Yeah posted:

investigate 3/11

Eric Andre is incredible while stoned

crunchytacosupreme
Mar 26, 2007
IT BURNS
Portland has pizza week ($2 slices every few blocks) and a dispensary on my pizza crawl had 30% off today.
Today is cool

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i bought like a half oz of cbd weed on the internet for like 40 bucks during a 4/20 sale.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i fed my plants then a friend cameo ver and smoked some very good rug burn with me. we also smoked chemdog and i think larry og, both excellent examples of those strains based on my experience.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah the couple CBD vendors with good deals got their stock sold real fast. 42% off one place, $4.20 4g packs another.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I’ve tried CBD but never really noticed any benefits. I hear nothing but good stuff though, what should I be expecting with it? I know it doesn’t get you high but I didn’t feel any pain relief or anything like that.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's useful for anxiety for me. can't speak for its other benefits.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I've been vaping some Lifter, but haven't noticed anything really. It's good to mix some in with some thc weed for some entourage effects, reportedly.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Harton posted:

I’ve tried CBD but never really noticed any benefits. I hear nothing but good stuff though, what should I be expecting with it? I know it doesn’t get you high but I didn’t feel any pain relief or anything like that.

Maybe because it’s stems and seeds.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I’m on anxiety meds and I still don’t get any of that from it. I do smoke a ton of weed though so maybe it’s hard to differentiate between the two. The only thing I thought I noticed one time was I felt like I wasn’t getting as crazy high but it was like the high lasted longer. That could just be my imagination though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Harton posted:

I’ve tried CBD but never really noticed any benefits. I hear nothing but good stuff though, what should I be expecting with it?
I've tried a CBD vape (useless, mainly) and tincture.

I noticed that the tincture worked really drat well with a glass of wine. It was actually the first time I felt like CBD did anything (relaxed and slight mood elevation) but it subsided within like 45 minutes.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Harton posted:

I’ve tried CBD but never really noticed any benefits. I hear nothing but good stuff though, what should I be expecting with it?

it does two specific things for me

- reduces the pain from a certain kind of back muscle spasms i get sometimes.
- makes my knees hurt less when im on a long flight

if im not on a plane or not having muscle spasms it doesnt do anything at all except make me slightly tired. its mainly good for dealing with inflammation

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
Just a quick question. I had an edible the other day and it put my mind out of whack. Like I feel a little funny three days later. Am I going to die?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Wizgot posted:

I had an edible the other day and it put my mind out of whack. Like I feel a little funny three days later.
I sometimes get kind of a hangover from the edibles I've tried. Maybe it's just a body chemistry thing.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

FilthyImp posted:

I sometimes get kind of a hangover from the edibles I've tried. Maybe it's just a body chemistry thing.

All jokes aside I do believe that this is correct.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

We all die my friend, but have you considered if you have truly lived?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I’ve definitely had “hangovers” after a brownie.

Tried several new strains this weekend; of them I’d say Monster Cookies was far and away the winner.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Went to the Vacounver 4/20 "protest." It was absolutely beautiful out and everyone was pretty happy out there, but I think legalization made it irrelevant. I haven't been to one since they moved from the Vancouver Art Gallery, but it felt more like "black market day" given how cheap and how dirty the products there were. There were no brand-name things and it was all of the questionable-type of things being sold out of ziplock bags and mason jars. I can see why the corporate side of things doesn't want anything to do with things there. I had a good time but it felt like it was stuck in the 90's with nothing but sugary junk food and every stereotype you could think of, but seeing Cypress Hill play for free was really dope. All 400 tents that they had were all selling identical products; if you went to one, you went to them all. The old hippies were there hollering away about conspiracy theories and elite cabals controlling everything, but the came off more like the cartoon mascots that are brought out at a half-time show. Things have moved on from their time and it kind of bordered between boring and dystopian, as an event. Got a full oz. for $80 and god knows how much mushrooms. I was really surprised to see salvia, shrooms and acid being sold open at a shop stall like that but I'm not complaining. Think the two things that stuck out for me was the fat lady that was dressed up as a light bulb and the guy that was selling DMT from a backpack in front of the police.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Wizgot posted:

Just a quick question. I had an edible the other day and it put my mind out of whack. Like I feel a little funny three days later. Am I going to die?

Yeah but edible hangovers are a thing. I've had a few as I've figured out what dosage works for me

It's now 'hella nice' here in Michigan so I'm smokin bowls and doin yard work

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Dude I’m up here right now and it’s loving ridiculous outside. Been smoking joints all day in the backyard not giving a poo poo if my neighbors smell that poo poo!!!!! Weed FREEDOM! WEEDOM!!!

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Edibles will absolutely make me stupid for ~48 hours after if I take a lot in one day. Like can't do math very well and socially awkward sort of stupid.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
That’s just weed for me. Makes me a dumbass zombie for 2-3 days afterward. Was nice when I was young but now I’m old I have too much poo poo to do.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Is it better to grind up a piece of a nug every time I smoke, or should I get another airtight container and grind it all up at once?

E: I have a Jyarz container to fit an 8th and it works exactly as advertised.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

grind it fresh.

jack_squat
May 7, 2007
Don't expect much.

red19fire posted:

Is it better to grind up a piece of a nug every time I smoke, or should I get another airtight container and grind it all up at once?

E: I have a Jyarz container to fit an 8th and it works exactly as advertised.

I have no data to back this up, but I reckon it’s analogous to coffee beans. Grinding exposes more surface area to air, which increases oxidation, which is thought to be undesirable in most cases. I buy pre-ground coffee because I can’t be assed to use the hand mill in the morning and I have neither the money nor kitchen counter real estate to afford one of those fancy Baratza coffee grinders, but I’ve noticed freshly ground coffee tastes significantly better. Long story short, keep it unground until use unless you find a really good reason not to do so.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Gorman Thomas posted:

Eric Andre is incredible while stoned

Yeah he owns. I hope they finish the fifth season.

What's the opinion here on waterfall bongs? I think they're easy to make and fun to use.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

jack_squat posted:

I have no data to back this up, but I reckon it’s analogous to coffee beans. Grinding exposes more surface area to air, which increases oxidation, which is thought to be undesirable in most cases. I buy pre-ground coffee because I can’t be assed to use the hand mill in the morning and I have neither the money nor kitchen counter real estate to afford one of those fancy Baratza coffee grinders, but I’ve noticed freshly ground coffee tastes significantly better. Long story short, keep it unground until use unless you find a really good reason not to do so.

you can get a nice small electric coffee grinder for like $15 at target

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Earwicker posted:

you can get a nice small electric coffee grinder for like $15 at target

that's not a burr grinder which is what he is talking about.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Blade grinders chop up the beans instead of crushing them, creating friction and heat that make the coffee more bitter. Conical burr grinders brush the beans and are one of the biggest flavor improvements you can make for coffee.

Buy a used Starbucks Maestro which was a re-badged Barratza.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I use an extra burr grinder for my weed, and it hits smoother / harder.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
My dealer texted me asking about edibles.

30 minutes later and we've got a deal to trade my time and baking for half of the zip's worth of shake I'll be turning into butter.

Yay

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
The gently caress? How do they not know how to use the Internet in TYOOL 2019?

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

BrassRoots posted:

The gently caress? How do they not know how to use the Internet in TYOOL 2019?

It’s possible they do not have a suitable kitchen for baking. I used to bake for someone for the same reason; plus he was also not as passionate about the quality of the butter as I was.

So I am ready to step up to a pen, but my guys don’t sell cartridges and I am not sure how to go about asking people about that. Every once in a while, someone will pass a pen around at work, but that doesn’t seem like a good idea (to ask coworkers that I don’t know super well.) My state is just now getting its dispensaries in the next month or two. I am hoping that cartridges will be around more at that point.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

appleskates posted:

It’s possible they do not have a suitable kitchen for baking. I used to bake for someone for the same reason; plus he was also not as passionate about the quality of the butter as I was.

Care to post your recipe?

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

Bonzo posted:

Care to post your recipe?

For butter? I used 1 oz of flower, decarbed at 275 for 25-30 minutes. Grind, add to crockpot with 2 lbs of butter. Let sit on low for 8ish hours, strain with cheesecloth, and pour into your container of choice. I use glass jars. You can use this butter for literally anything - cookies are my favorite, but I also made lots of cakes by request, some rice krispies treats, and I also use it for toast. Handy stuff to have around.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
i have a medical card

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
*high five*, fellow card holder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum