Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
I think arranging for women to play games with abusers of women is bad. Even worse is claiming that it's a "safe space" because you didn't inform the women of the many allegations of abuse you received and therefore the women feel safe. And if an organization can't get on board with that, then maybe they should have a change in leadership so they can have someone in charge who is interested in actually living up to their claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

The CEO of Contessa, Stacey, said this (they hid their twitter for a bit after that but it's back up now):

I think for some context, Stacey was/is acting as a support line for Mandy after the breakup and also going through chemotherapy and I think that was a great thing to do, but yeah people in charge of Contessa have been friendly associates with Zak for years and were perfectly willing to dismiss complaints brought to them right up until this all happened. I get it's easy to be conned by a sociopath, but it was at a stage where it would've been better to avoid making any comments at all and consider ways to make amends to people that were hurt rather than tweeting that.

And Contessa's PR Director, Christopher Helton had this to say:

Here's excerpts of the article he refuses to correct about Zak and Pundit consulting on 5e D&D:

drat... Thanks for the infodump, I completely missed these.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

jakodee posted:

Skerples is being much to generous because, ironically enough, members of his community supporting Zak because they are afraid of not being good people means Skerples isn’t part of and friends with members of a community of irredeemably terrible people, which is of course the actual main reason they supported Zak. He considers himself a good person but didn’t notice, didn’t help or didn’t do anything.
Zak is, and always was, an obnoxious douchebag. He's the type of douchebag who joins a social circle that runs on Geek Social Fallacies, where being an obnoxious douchebag makes him the alpha male of the group, with no challengers and no one willing to call him out.

All that talk about him being an extremely skilled manipulator just make my blood boil. The problem is not that he's so smart, but that all the people who defended him are ludicrously stupid.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Thanlis posted:

Bending over to be precise: he can't correct it himself, he no longer writes for them and doesn't have edit access. However, as far as I know he hasn't asked Bleeding Cool to correct or update the article either.

Sorry, yeah, meant to grab the full screenshot moths found to show how he went "I can't change it now, but even if I could I wouldn't!" but twitter is the worst about properly compiling tweet threads. But you're right that Bleeding Cool would probably be fine placing an update on the article if he asked them, so even that's a weak excuse.

actually3raccoons posted:

drat... Thanks for the infodump, I completely missed these.

ConTessa also made sure to put out a very carefully worded statement on how Mandy is a friend but Zak was never "officially" associated with ConTessa:

http://www.contessa.rocks/blog/contessa-statement-on-zak-smith posted:

Both literally and figuratively, Mandy Morbid is a friend of ConTessa. She was there to participate in the early online events that gave shape to what would become ConTessa. Staffers and members of our board have been invited into her home, in the past, and have gamed with her as well. We support her and believe her.

At this point ConTessa wishes to make an official statement regarding Zak Smith (aka Zak S. and Zak Sabbath). Despite rumors and speculation to the contrary, Smith has never been a part of ConTessa as an organization nor has he exerted influence over the organization and its activities at any point in ConTessa's history. Yes, he was a participant in early online games that were organized by our founder, but that has always been the extent of Smith's involvement with ConTessa. Smith will never be a part of this organization, participate in any of its events or exert any sort of influence over ConTessa in the future. We will also not allow events that utilize his work to be run in ConTessa spaces.

We, as an organization, apologize for any misconceptions that Smith's past relationships with members of the board of directors of ConTessa, and ConTessa staffers may have created in gaming spaces. But, officially, ConTessa neither supports nor condones the past or present actions of Smith, on or offline.

ConTessa was founded on the principal that gaming space could be better spaces by letting women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ take leadership positions, so that those spaces could be moved into less toxic directions than the default ones lead by straight, white men. We still believe in this, and going forward we will make it an integral part of our mission to do be a better force for change within our shared gaming communities, and to help amplify the voices of those who are not being heard.

If you would like to be one of those voices, join us in our mission to make gaming spaces safer.

So at this point they have formally washed their hands of him, wholly side with Mandy, and will also be banning all Zak S games from their play spaces going forward. There's just... years of inaction, dismissal, and prior implicit endorsements weighted against that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

So at this point they have formally washed their hands of him, wholly side with Mandy, and will also be banning all Zak S games from their play spaces going forward. There's just... years of inaction, dismissal, and prior implicit endorsements weighted against that.

More than WotC's done, I guess.

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

Sorry, yeah, meant to grab the full screenshot moths found to show how he went "I can't change it now, but even if I could I wouldn't!" but twitter is the worst about properly compiling tweet threads. But you're right that Bleeding Cool would probably be fine placing an update on the article if he asked them, so even that's a weak excuse.

ConTessa also made sure to put out a very carefully worded statement on how Mandy is a friend but Zak was never "officially" associated with ConTessa:

That's where I take issue with them: They refused to act, even to disassociate with him, until a friend was affected. Then it was personal, and it spurred them to ditch Zak. That doesn't read as a safe space for anyone but their buddies, which is not a good look.

Their PR guy not recanting doesn't shock so much as disappoint.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Halloween Jack posted:

Zak is, and always was, an obnoxious douchebag. He's the type of douchebag who joins a social circle that runs on Geek Social Fallacies, where being an obnoxious douchebag makes him the alpha male of the group, with no challengers and no one willing to call him out.

All that talk about him being an extremely skilled manipulator just make my blood boil. The problem is not that he's so smart, but that all the people who defended him are ludicrously stupid.
It seems like if the cultural DNA of this sub-group of society had an element where someone in a high seat had rolled their eyes, said "CHRIST you're loving ANNOYING" (which seems objectively true, in addition to and independent of his numerous offenses) to Mr. S, his goose would have been cooked.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
It's a sad fact that more than a few in the hobby are socially awkward to say the least and so someone coming off with a strong personality can feel difficult to confront in the moment. My local community, which has fashioned itself as a more open-ended Adventure League for 5e, runs into these issues as well. The community guidelines are to be frank, too vague and it really shouldn't feel like bending an arm backwards to get the president of the organization to let someone work out something a bit more lengthy. It isn't that the person running things is against guidelines, they're just too complacent because things are good NOW. We're inclusive, the events are very diverse. But on the whole being vigilant is better than being complacent.

We stamp it out where we can in the moment. But some people just don't say anything if something bothers them.

Arthil fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 23, 2019

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Nessus posted:

It seems like if the cultural DNA of this sub-group of society had an element where someone in a high seat had rolled their eyes, said "CHRIST you're loving ANNOYING" (which seems objectively true, in addition to and independent of his numerous offenses) to Mr. S, his goose would have been cooked.
Well yeah, that's why he got banned from SA in short order, while RPGnet let him poo poo up their forum forever and felt obliged to post an essay-length justification for finally banning him.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Nessus posted:

You'd think, but he'd post a 25 paragraph essay about how actually it was Zak who was annoyed. And of course people would buy it.

I went back and read some of Stacy's tweets around 10 February and they're infuriating. There's a lot of "fake allies do [exactly what we're doing]" and "I (privately, secretly) disassociated from Zak so I'm blameless."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

moths posted:

You'd think, but he'd post a 25 paragraph essay about how actually it was Zak who was annoyed. And of course people would buy it.

I went back and read some of Stacy's tweets around 10 February and they're infuriating. There's a lot of "fake allies do [exactly what we're doing]" and "I (privately, secretly) disassociated from Zak so I'm blameless."

"I have privately, secretly, personally disassociated with person and therefore I am blameless from all of their bad actions even though I gave them a platform and supported them and do not need to apologize."

jakodee
Mar 4, 2019

Nessus posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pkeros.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/on-the-five-geek-social-fallacies-part-i/amp/

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I don't believe you've read it, because it was less than 50, I'd be surprised if it was more than 32. Why do you do this? Please don't lie to me, that's rude as hell.

I was thinking of Sex, Dice and Gamer Chicks which is also not quite 200 pages, but pretty much rehashes the same stuff as the book a decade prior

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

The Chairman posted:

I was thinking of Sex, Dice and Gamer Chicks which is also not quite 200 pages, but pretty much rehashes the same stuff as the book a decade prior

Oh well, that's fair then. How lazy of him tho.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The Chairman posted:

Thank you. Thank you for this. The other one too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"both World-class Gaming Personalities themselves"

Should I know and/or care who Jonny Nexus is? I mean, already he is suspect by the company he keeps.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Yup on all counts and no sorry needed -- Twitter bites.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Apparently Frog God have hired the comicsgate lawyer to go after Webb's victim at PaizoCon for 'Tortuous interference'. Supposedly Stacy, Christopher Helton and Jessica Price are also being sued.

I did my semi-regular peek at what he alt-right gamer side are up to and this is getting discussed in both the comicsgate and gamergate bits of reddit/elsewhere, and of course (the same people) The RPG Site is feverishly masturbating over it and hoping they'll go after rpg.net as well.

From what I understand the ComicsGate suit has all sorts of problems, and tortious interference isn't an easy prove in the US, otherwise every company that's ever had a boycott against it would have gone after someone to shut them up.

The lawyer involved apparently loves appearing on comicsgate youtube interviews and being all smug and has spent the last year+ twisting the whole Meyer vs Waid lawsuit, so hopefully he'll get a dismissal there, as the nerd alt-right seem to regard him as their fantasy lawyer in the same way some people were talking up Avenatti.

Same lawyer is also representing Mignogna going after people who broke relations or talked about his history of sexual harassment so it looks to me as if tortious interference is the tactic. Presumably because it doesn't matter if they did abuse or harass anyone just if that interfered in a contract. Obviously none of the alt right seem to understand that the suits are specifically not saying that they're innocent.

Further to this the comicsgate mob are now claiming this is to do with the SJ Games thing, which is nonsense as this clearly predates it and is probably about Gary Con. As such going after Webb's victim, who's largely stayed quiet about it all seems particularly hosed up, likewise Price who did little beyond retweet and a few comments. But they really, really hate her, to a pretty scary degree. Contessa members did push for a boycott of Gary Con and re-raise Webb's shittyness, but (while not a lawyer in the US) I'm struggling to see how that makes the general bar for that, unless Texas has a very low one for Tortious Interference, which is why they want all their cases held there. And in this case, as far as I can tell, none of the accused, the plaintiff, or the events involved are in Texas, but that doesn't stop it being expensive for those being sued from having to pay lawyers to try and get it dismissed.

PST fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Apr 24, 2019

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
"Tortious interference" seems to be the new mystical phrase for people with a dim grasp of how the law actually works and an axe to grind, I halfway expect it to start winding its way into sovereign citizen vernacular before long.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

PST posted:

Apparently Frog God have hired the comicsgate lawyer to go after Webb's victim at PaizoCon for 'Tortuous interference'. Supposedly Stacy, Christopher Helton and Jessica Price are also being sued.

. But they really, really hate her, to a pretty scary degree. Contessa members did push for a boycott of Gary Con and re-raise Webb's shittyness, but (while not a lawyer in the US) I'm struggling to see how that makes the general bar for that, unless Texas has a very low one for Tortious Interference, which is why they want all their cases held there. And in this case, as far as I can tell, none of the accused, the plaintiff, or the events involved are in Texas, but that doesn't stop it being expensive for those being sued from having to pay lawyers to try and get it dismissed.
Given my limited understanding of the laws at last Texas actually has a law in place that could conceivably cause the lawsuit to reverse onto Bill Webb. The whole concept is a SLAPP lawsuit

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

MadScientistWorking posted:

Given my limited understanding of the laws at last Texas actually has a law in place that could conceivably cause the lawsuit to reverse onto Bill Webb. The whole concept is a SLAPP lawsuit

Still needs a lawyer to present that though, and I thought they were mostly involved with freedom of speech issues (which this Tortious Interference tactic seems designed to get around).

As an addendum, Webb is now claiming he only offered her a cigarette, and his packet happened to have his hotel room key in it and she blew that out of all proportion and he did nothing wrong. Which, given his company gave an apology on his behalf, would make no sense whatsoever.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

PST posted:

Still needs a lawyer to present that though, and I thought they were mostly involved with freedom of speech issues (which this Tortious Interference tactic seems designed to get around).

As an addendum, Webb is now claiming he only offered her a cigarette, and his packet happened to have his hotel room key in it and she blew that out of all proportion and he did nothing wrong. Which, given his company gave an apology on his behalf, would make no sense whatsoever.
Generally speaking tortious interference is a SLAPP lawsuit. Not sure if Texas counts it as such but generally speaking people consider it.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

PST posted:

Further to this the comicsgate mob are now claiming this is to do with the SJ Games thing, which is nonsense as this clearly predates it and is probably about Gary Con. As such going after Webb's victim, who's largely stayed quiet about it all seems particularly hosed up, likewise Price who did little beyond retweet and a few comments. But they really, really hate her, to a pretty scary degree. Contessa members did push for a boycott of Gary Con and re-raise Webb's shittyness, but (while not a lawyer in the US) I'm struggling to see how that makes the general bar for that, unless Texas has a very low one for Tortious Interference, which is why they want all their cases held there. And in this case, as far as I can tell, none of the accused, the plaintiff, or the events involved are in Texas, but that doesn't stop it being expensive for those being sued from having to pay lawyers to try and get it dismissed.

Price had a long series of tweets about her experiences with Bill Webb that spread pretty far and gave the matter way more visibility than it would've gotten otherwise, so the whole suit is most likely meant to punish everyone Webb sees as being "at fault" for making him a pariah. She's also been a gamergate target before, so it's easy to make her a recurring villain in their narrative.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

Price had a long series of tweets about her experiences with Bill Webb that spread pretty far and gave the matter way more visibility than it would've gotten otherwise, so the whole suit is most likely meant to punish everyone Webb sees as being "at fault" for making him a pariah. She's also been a gamergate target before, so it's easy to make her a recurring villain in their narrative.

Given how FGG specifically asked a lovely youtube lawyer beloved by comicsgaters to announce it on his stream, I half think this is as much PR by them and going after that alt-right dollar.

The problem with the above, is that it isn't anywhere near what I understand Tortious Interference to be. He could claim defamation, but there's no way her posting about stuff on twitter is actively contacting another company to get them to break a contract.

This seems to be a good summation of Texas' take on the law:

quote:

The elements of tortious interference with an existing contract are: 1) an existing contract subject to interference; 2) a willful and intentional act of interference with the contract; 3) that proximately caused the plaintiff's injury; and 4) caused actual damages or loss. Prudential Ins. Co. of Am. v. Fin. Review Servs., Inc., 29 S.W.3d 74, 77 (Tex. 2000). To prevail on this claim, a plaintiff must present evidence that the defendant interfered with a specific contract. Funes v. Villatoro, 352 S.W.3d 200, 213 (Tex. App.--Houston [14th Dist.] 2011, pet. denied). To establish the element of a willful and intentional act of interference, a plaintiff must produce some evidence that the defendant was more than a willing participant and knowingly induced one of the contracting parties to breach its obligations under a contract. Id. Accordingly, the plaintiff must present evidence that some obligatory provision of a contract has been breached. Id.

Justification is an affirmative defense to tortious interference with contract and tortious interference with prospective business relations. The Prudential, 29 S.W.3d at 78. The justification defense can be based on the exercise of either 1) one's own legal rights or 2) a good-faith claim to a colorable legal right, even though that claim ultimately proves to be mistaken. Id. at 80 (citing Texas Beef Cattle Co. v. Green, 921 S.W.2d 203, 211 (Tex. 1996)). If a trial court finds as a matter of law that the defendant had a legal right to interfere with a contract, the defendant has conclusively established the justification defense, and the motive is irrelevant. Id. Alternatively, if the defendant cannot prove justification as a matter of law, it can still establish the defense if the trial court determines that the defendant interfered while exercising a colorable right, and the jury finds that, although mistaken, the defendant exercised that colorable right in good faith. Id.

The only thing I can think of is Webb being removed as a GoH at GaryCon, which I doubt had a contract to it, and he was still allowed to attend, and that's personal, not with the company. Albeit i'm not a lawyer in Texas/The US/Anywhere, so might be missing something, but it seems to be a huge overeach, not least with the colorable right defence.

EDIT Am taking this as my badge of pride (I mean, i've already been doxxed and harassed by gaters before, it's just that this one is so perfect)

PST fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 24, 2019

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

My issues with their behavior in other matters not withstanding, I hope (and I have no idea of they can because I'm not a lawyer) the defendants can do something to recoup their legal expenses when this is done.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Blackface Lawyer isn't Vic's lawyer, that's another dude. Nick did start an IndieGoGo for Mignogna's legal fund that I am sure 100% when to Vic's legal counsel. As a fun fact, there is no record of Rekieta ever having tried a court case so either he's a master negotiator who always settles out of court or he ekes a living out of doing paperwork and decided that outrage tourism is more profitable. I lean toward a certain direction myself.

If Webb has retained BFL's services for some unknown reason, then he deserves what he gets.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

actually3raccoons posted:

My issues with their behavior in other matters not withstanding, I hope (and I have no idea of they can because I'm not a lawyer) the defendants can do something to recoup their legal expenses when this is done.

Insomuch as these chucklenuts have a plan beyond "grift via gofundme", I suspect trying to force the defendants to waste their own money and time to deal with it is the main point. They want to try to make the defendants squirm and masturbate over them trying to raise money or help online to pay their legal bills, completely oblivious to the irony about all the money they chucked to people like Hambly and his pathetic attempts at attention via civil court. And if they do lose, and the court mandates they pay the defendant's legal fees, then they're just shriek about librul judges and white genocide and get more dumb chuds to send them money via crowdsourcing.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

PST posted:

Given how FGG specifically asked a lovely youtube lawyer beloved by comicsgaters to announce it on his stream, I half think this is as much PR by them and going after that alt-right dollar.

The problem with the above, is that it isn't anywhere near what I understand Tortious Interference to be. He could claim defamation, but there's no way her posting about stuff on twitter is actively contacting another company to get them to break a contract.

This seems to be a good summation of Texas' take on the law:

The only thing I can think of is Webb being removed as a GoH at GaryCon, which I doubt had a contract to it, and he was still allowed to attend, and that's personal, not with the company. Albeit i'm not a lawyer in Texas/The US/Anywhere, so might be missing something, but it seems to be a huge overeach, not least with the colorable right defence.

EDIT Am taking this as my badge of pride (I mean, i've already been doxxed and harassed by gaters before, it's just that this one is so perfect)

Oh, the whole thing is absolutely a nonsense stunt from a lawyer who, by his own admission, barely manages to make above minimum wage. In the end, it's a scam to milk idiots for money but it's also a win for Bill because he gets to inconvenience people who called him out.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Blackface Lawyer isn't Vic's lawyer, that's another dude. Nick did start an IndieGoGo for Mignogna's legal fund that I am sure 100% when to Vic's legal counsel. As a fun fact, there is no record of Rekieta ever having tried a court case so either he's a master negotiator who always settles out of court or he ekes a living out of doing paperwork and decided that outrage tourism is more profitable. I lean toward a certain direction myself.

Rekieta seems to get his money from patreon and streaming, I couldn't find him practising anywhere. FGG have retained Ty Beard of http://beardandharris.com/ty-beard.html

He's representing Meyer vs Waid in a comicsgate suit:
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04/23/antarctic-publisher-oath-mark-waid-jawbreakers/

And Mignogna versus Funimation/others
https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/vic-mignogna-sues-funimation-1203193225/

Nuns with Guns posted:

Oh, the whole thing is absolutely a nonsense stunt from a lawyer who, by his own admission, barely manages to make above minimum wage. In the end, it's a scam to milk idiots for money but it's also a win for Bill because he gets to inconvenience people who called him out.

There are two lawyers, there's the 'i'm a real lawyer mom' who streams on youtube and gets his money from streaming and Patreon, and Ty Beard who does seem to have a real law firm, even if he spends a lot of time talking to the previous lawyer on youtube about his comicsgate/animegate stuff.

PST fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 24, 2019

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

SocJus Power Words

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Mors Rattus posted:

SocJus Power Words

Don't these idiots know anything? It should be Power Word SocJus

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I was already at "won't buy from Frog God" but this is pushing me right into "Frog God is poison and I won't buy anything they touch" territory.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PST posted:

There are two lawyers, there's the 'i'm a real lawyer mom' who streams on youtube and gets his money from streaming and Patreon, and Ty Beard who does seem to have a real law firm, even if he spends a lot of time talking to the previous lawyer on youtube about his comicsgate/animegate stuff.

In that case, I have a fun fact about Beard. He once provided false documents to opposing counsel and messed up the case so bad he was on the hook for 14K in legal fees, including the prosecution.

Re: Ty Beard, Jim E. Bullock, Brian Casper, Craig Daugherty and Don Harris, 12-15-00005-CV (Tex. App. 2015) if you want to see for yourself.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Ty Beard, that's the Fistful of TOWs (wargame) guy, right?

E:

Dawgstar posted:

In that case, I have a fun fact about Beard. He once provided false documents to opposing counsel and messed up the case so bad he was on the hook for 14K in legal fees, including the prosecution.
Let's hope he can beat that record.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 24, 2019

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Re: Ty Beard, Jim E. Bullock, Brian Casper, Craig Daugherty and Don Harris, 12-15-00005-CV (Tex. App. 2015) if you want to see for yourself.

:allears::allears::allears:

Angrymog posted:

Don't these idiots know anything? It should be Power Word SocJus

Yoinked so i can see them raging about it

PST fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 24, 2019

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Jesus, that's loving despicable of Bill Webb. I used to like Frog God too, they make good products. Such a shame.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Arivia posted:

Jesus, that's loving despicable of Bill Webb. I used to like Frog God too, they make good products. Such a shame.

I'm not trying to equate peoples's work with their behavior as though one leads to another, but Bill Webb's Book of Dirty Tricks was complete poo poo.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

This reminded me to push harder on my refund request on SJG's latest Kickstarters and on the Bunnies & Burrows new edition (which I stupidly backed without connecting Frog God to Bill Webb) - resending on Kickstarter and also using contact e-mails to CC message and make it harder to claim it was never received.

SJG have swung into action reasonably efficiently - just got refunds for Pocket Box Games and for Fantasy Trip Adventures. The Fantasy Trip itself, I've not yet had a refund for, but it's possible that my copy has already shipped which would make that more complex (if it's already shipped then I can't be assed to pay the shipping to return it so I'll just keep it and treat it as a "gaming history" item and make sure to tack on caveats in discussing it). No action from Frog God yet but if I end up getting a bunny game with an rear end in a top hat's fingerprints on it I'll do much the same.

EDIT: Just got an e-mail from SJG's Kickstarter guy saying that the cutoff for cancelling and refunding TFT orders has indeed passed, since they've already paid all the shipping and duties to ship it to the UK. Then again I only had a reasonably basic pledge level on TFT whereas I had $300 in the pocket box Kickstarter, so I think my point is made.

Warthur fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 24, 2019

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm not trying to equate peoples's work with their behavior as though one leads to another, but Bill Webb's Book of Dirty Tricks was complete poo poo.

I thought it was fine, but it was very much for old-school gaming and wouldn't work for a lot of groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It looks like Percy Tyrone "Ty" Beard is the garbage lawyer and the Fistfull of TOWs guy.

Which kind of sucks since I've heard good things about FFoT, but it's also like 600+ pages.