Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

my friends :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
you have cool friends

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Saalkin posted:

Hell yes brother!

...wanna do some heroin later?

sure, we can share needles

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

so uh, no one wants to talk about the Greens in PEI?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
PEI?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can only assume he's talking about the Petroleum Equipment Institute. Not sure what it has to do with collards, but he has my attention.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
PEI has like 1/5 the population of Hamilton. I don't understand why they get to be their own provence.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
they were drunk when they drew the map

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rutibex posted:

PEI has like 1/5 the population of Hamilton. I don't understand why they get to be their own provence.

I looked up Charlottetown the other day to make a joke about moving the Calgary Flames there and was shocked to discover it's population was only about twice that of the Saddledome on game night.

The entire population of Charlottetown would leave 20,000 empty seats at Commonwealth stadium in Edmonton.

There are more people in prison in Canada than there are in Charlottetown. That IS, however, assuming that you don't count PEI as a prison, because they only charge a toll on the bridge on the way out.

It's free to come in, but you can never leave you have to pay to leave.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
look, anne of green gables came from there and the law is if you had a famous book about you in the olden days, you get a province. i don't make the rules.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Isn't that the island that has the app that tells you if its safe to date a person due to genetic distance or something? Maybe I have it mixed up with another island in the Atlantic

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

neongrey posted:

look, anne of green gables came from there and the law is if you had a famous book about you in the olden days, you get a province. i don't make the rules.

So what you're saying is that this is all Princess Louise's fault.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
as an ontarian, i regularly forget that atlantic canada exists. except newfoundland, but otherwise.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
tbf the same is also true of manitoba

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/MisterJohnDoyle/status/1120919420040302592

John Doyle for PM

e: Embed clipped the headline

Excitement about The Simpsons ribbing Canada and Justin Trudeau is just sad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's considered gauche to post your own tweets here.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

infernal machines posted:

it's considered gauche to post your own tweets here.

https://twitter.com/lukeoneil47/status/660091841463885824

cool I'll just post your tweets instead

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i take umbrage at the suggestion that i am from or indeed ever in boston.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Maybe you should take umbrage with one hand and poop in the other, see which one fills up first

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Prince Edward Island joined Confederation fairly late and was sort of forced into it because they went bankrupt building a dumb railroad for their underpopulated island so imagine if they didn’t do that and eventually became independent. Or maybe it’d still be a Crown possession like other minor rocks

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

like saint-pierre and miquelon, but less interesting

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I grew up in a city in Ontario with a population three times the size of PEI, and it's a city so unimportant that it doesn't even make it onto most maps of Canada

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the city ward i live in has 2/3rds the population of PEI

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

Bilirubin posted:

Isn't that the island that has the app that tells you if its safe to date a person due to genetic distance or something? Maybe I have it mixed up with another island in the Atlantic

Iceland, which incidentally has twice the population of PEI

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Labrador has even fewer people. At that population density it doesn't even deserve to be half of a province.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
these days I live in a college town in the US with a population about the same as PEI, which is an entire province with its own government and say in the constitution and everything

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
How else would Newfoundland have claims to C-c-c-churchil Falls?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

We should trade PEI for Puerto Rico

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Powershift posted:

We should trade PEI Alberta for Puerto Rico

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They're not even using it right, they're gonna break it.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

i take umbrage at the suggestion that i am from or indeed ever in boston.

What do you dislike about Boston? World class city, world class hockey team.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the boston part.

also the part where it's in massachusetts

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Powershift posted:

They're not even using it right, they're gonna break it.

remember when turks and caico was going to be the 11th province

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

the boston part.

Why do you hate smart vancouver

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

politics in canada are an even playing field in which any party, large, small, whatever has a chance to win

https://twitter.com/stevelambertwpg/status/1120869495843766273

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I wonder if Newfoundland had voted otherwise, would they have remained a Crown dependency or would they have been able to successfully become independent again

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
they call it Prince Edward Island, the heart of the world
set in the crossroads of the sea

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

neongrey posted:

I wish you did, Jane of Lantern Hill would earn Toronto its own province and that would just be good for everyone inside of it and out these days.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

pokeyman posted:

they call it Prince Edward Island, the heart of the world
set in the crossroads of the sea

Who calls it that, blind cartographers or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Another Bill posted:

Who calls it that, blind cartographers or something

It's like that garbage patch in the Pacific, but PEI