Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

and they say Warframe lacks an endgame

My five forma dual decurions are waiting for those archwing rivens to drop :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I mean the skin

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Show the wolf what a real hammer feels like.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

loki is all-around pretty useful and wyrm prime looks dope as gently caress, so that is not true

spoiler: wyrm prime is not in fact dope as gently caress.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I was fooling around with Mutalist Cernos to induce status on things before chopping them up with crit/status hybrid melee and found you can build a viable hybrid zaw using Vargeet Jai II instead of Ekwana Jai II. As in they have comparable status chance at a 2.5x combo mult but the Vargeet Zaw will have 25% base crit for Blood Rush instead of the 14% that the Ekwana Jai II gives you.

TL;DR version is that the 14% status chance from a Vargeet Jai II when combined with Drifting Contact's 40% SC, a 60/60 mod, and Weeping Wounds will give 53% SC at a 2x combo multiplier and 59.5% at 2.5x. Math at 2.5x for eg is 0.14 * (1 + 0.4 + 0.6) * (1 + 0.45 * 2.5) = 0.595 using the wiki's formula for weeping wounds.

By comparison an Ekwana Jai II's 25% base SC when combined with Drifting Contacts 40% and 2x 60/60 mods is 65% SC = 0.25 * (1 + 0.4 + 0.6 + 0.6). While 65% is larger than 59.5% that's not a large difference when you're using a fast weapon and stance. I'm applying 2-3 statuses from the staff Zaw below even at 2x no problem.

The drawback is that you can only have IPS + one element being applied from the zaw. All the other, more useful statuses have to come from your primary or your secondary. So to be very clear, Ekwana Jai II is best if you want a no fuss, self contained crit/status hybrid zaw. All of the above is only if you want to use a primary or secondary to inflict even more status types than a single zaw can.

Here's the staff zaw I tested with, an Ooltha - Seekalla - Vargeet Jai II:

The Ooltha has a nice slash/puncture set up for more status types. Sepfahn has better CC/SC but is too slash focused for a CO weapon where the status induced damage dominates crit. Mewan is similarly nice for a CO polearm zaw. Us Nintendo poors don't have access to Kripath strikes.

Here's Mutalist Cernos proccing status:

That's two arrow hits and two clouds, but a single arrow procs the same statuses just over a smaller AOE. There're 5 statuses procced here, but the cold and impact procs are coming from the arrow and are unreliable compared to the 3 latter statuses coming from the cloud. Those latter 3 statuses proc on every single enemy within the cloud and will last for up to 26 seconds depending on the individual status - 10s from the cloud + 2 * status duration.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 24, 2019

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

I have a Rattleguts Hexaata riven with +193.5% damage and +84.4% status chance. The +damage seems pretty great; what about the status? Should I keep or re-roll? Riven price calculator lists +dmg as the most valuable stat and status chance as #8, so it could be better but also could be a lot worse.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

mentalcontempt posted:

I have a Rattleguts Hexaata riven with +193.5% damage and +84.4% status chance. The +damage seems pretty great; what about the status? Should I keep or re-roll? Riven price calculator lists +dmg as the most valuable stat and status chance as #8, so it could be better but also could be a lot worse.

It's perfectly usable as-is, but it's a good candidate for rolling if you want to aim for something better. Status chance is a good thing to have on a riven, just keep in mind that if you're building it for Corrosive you might need to switch out other status mods for pure damage mods if you find yourself completely stripping enemy armor.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
People wanted my Gara build I think?

I'd like to get more duration by maxing out a few mods but I'd have to get a ton of endo and reforma a ton of stuff again and honestly this works fairly well for me. You've got maxed out range for utterly ridiculous AoE on your 2 3 and 4. Use the 3 any time you see a large group of enemies or a chokepoint. Spectrosiphon is drat good because the enemies don't need to be affected by the mirrors, they just need to be within the circle of shiny things in order to drop more orbs to fuel your ever-increasing splinter cloud of death.

The stat stick is mostly what's available to you. Ideally you get yourself something with max riven disposition, a +damage augment mod and a riven for it, but you work with what you got. I happen to have this Dragon Nikana riven so it's what I use; the mod underneath is Molten Impact. The weapon's numbers itself don't matter, just the mods, so slap on as much damage as you can even if you end up with something unusually slow and short ranged. Anything near you is going to die from glass before you get a chance to even think about melee anyways.

Never not glass people.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X0I7CE_E7A

Azima's with reduced firerate meta what

Out of curiosity I just tried this build - even snagged a riven and got the Azima's firerate down to 0.5 with a 128 round magazine - It's pretty drat effective! Even so, when my spore stacks hit about 1k everything was dying too quickly to spread easily, and I'm still running out of ammo quickly since I'm dumping 400-600 rounds to keep 3-4 azima discs active at any given time, so most of my time is spent running around with Carrier hoovering up ammo. There's almost some buggy poo poo happening with melee 3.0 where sometimes I couldn't shoot OR quick attack, much less alt-fire for some reason.

Still, I almost never have to cast my 1 or my 4 at all in order to keep things spreading, so I can up my STR and tank my efficiency at least until the spores hit that 1k mark and I need to let it decay a bit just so the spores have a chance to spread again. All things considered, the end result isn't that much different from just casting 1 and 4 as usual. It performs much better at higher levels since it just. keep. spreading, but at low levels it's not much different from normal play. Still, azima turrets are fun af.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 24, 2019

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

loki is all-around pretty useful and wyrm prime looks dope as gently caress, so that is not true
Wyrm Prime is pretty tough, and Simaris has a mod that lets it negate status effects every few seconds.

Also I'm one part away from building Odonata Prime for the mastery (oh god I have the sickness now don't I).

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I have the MR sickness too and Loki, Bo, and Odonata Prime are all boxes I need to tick so I’m pretty pumped.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Everything but Volt is a tick for me. Not looking forward to leveling Odonata, but MR must be chased. It's only a sickness when you get down to k-drives. That's when you know you've hit rock bottom.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

big cummers ONLY posted:

People tell me I'm weird for this (they're right) but I like to run two accounts for games like these. My goal with the account I'm starting today is to be F2P and not take any goon mods. Two questions:

1) Are alts permitted in the clan? Historically, and strangely, I spend more time on the alt than the main.
2) I will want to rush some kind of platinum-earning activity early so I can purchase equipment slots. Is fishing the earliest one of these to become available?

1. No, sorry.
2. You can start cracking relics far sooner than fishing becomes a viable income stream.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Mailer posted:

Everything but Volt is a tick for me. Not looking forward to leveling Odonata, but MR must be chased. It's only a sickness when you get down to k-drives. That's when you know you've hit rock bottom.

I just built the final k-drive and I have to say the whole experience has been surprisingly fun. I put them off for the longest time because I thought they were dumb but they’re actually cool and I’ve had a lot of fun with the races, even managing top 5 on the leaderboards a couple times.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Mailer posted:

It's only a sickness when you get down to k-drives. That's when you know you've hit rock bottom.

That's swinging below the belt.

Only 2 more to go :shepicide:

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Is there a big post of some sort on the open world areas and how the gently caress to handle all the poo poo in them? It’s just overwhelming.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Are you done with the main quests? Do you have spoiler mode? If the answer to either of these is no then I wouldn't even worry about the open areas.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

start with cetus. i found fortuna to be quite a bit more difficult early on.

do some bounties, maybe mine a bit or fish a little. see what you enjoy. it all gives standing in one way or another.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you're just starting out, ignore the open world areas! they're for once you've got some decent gear! I keep seeing single digit MR people trying and getting slaughtered in the top tier bounties.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

well yeah, dont go in the lvl 50 bounties. the first tier ones arent that bad though and provide useful resources.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Alternatively, get yourself something that punches hard (Ignis Wraith) for single-digit MR. Then get yourself Rhino. Then go do max tier bounties because the three tryhards you get grouped with will clown all over it anyway and all you have to do is stay alive and be able to kill something once in a while.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

And Tyler Too! posted:

That's swinging below the belt.

Only 2 more to go :shepicide:

My remaining list contains the new prime weapons, the vandals from EOS, like half a prism, and half each of 3 K-Drives. Made MR27, though, so I don't have to give a gently caress about any of those until I get them.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Trying to reroll a Tombfinger Riven and I got:

235% Damage
98% Critical Damage
-19% Damage to Corpus

I think I might quit here. Is there any stat I should really be hunting for on this thing? Corpus negative isn't great, but I usually run Hildryn and Balefire against them so that doesn't matter too much.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Depends how much kuva you are willing to flush but that is perfectly fine.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Mailer posted:

Alternatively, get yourself something that punches hard (Ignis Wraith) for single-digit MR.

Would this be as hard to get as the wiki makes it seem?

I mean I love waiting months for Baro to randomly decide to stock a particular weapon but...

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Ask in discord or clan and someone can get you one. I believe DrSingh has a supplier.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Friendly Fire posted:

Would this be as hard to get as the wiki makes it seem?

I mean I love waiting months for Baro to randomly decide to stock a particular weapon but...

Ignis Wraiths can be gotten from one of the clan members who stockpile them to hand out to newbies, from some pubbies who list them for 1 plat but give them away for free or from pubbies who actually charge that 1 plat.

It is incredibly easy to get hold of.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Here are simple tips for the open areas if you're a low MR player or just started:

Careful at the plains at night. You can't kill the floaty ghost faces.

Do a couple of low level bounties so you could buy a fishing spear and the fish dye blueprint. At this level, your fastest sprint to leveling up Cetus rank is by donating fish. The first best way to do this is by fishing for Mortus Lungfish.

Unfortunately, they spawn the most at night at certain spots. Take a left turn out of Cetus' gate to the lake with the geyser. Kill the Grineers but not the Lure. Instead shoot the floaty ghosts and the Lures will suck up their ghostly forms, leaving you free to fish. Use the dye to make them easier to see. The big ones give the most points. Donate them to Hailuk.

Around the same time, you could try do some Orb Vallis bounties. At least do the introduction quest if you are able to comfortably kill level 30s. This would give you access to a K-drive. Do a couple of low level bounties so you could afford the handheld laser mining drill. If you have this, you could skip all the drills from Cetus as they are all inferior. The fastest exp grind for Solaris is animal conservation and mining. The rare gems pop up quite a bit and they can be traded for exp.

It gets more grindy later so at least start with those.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

It's hard to recommend whether you do open world stuff or not as a newbie cause on the one hand it's fairly hard content and you're slow as gently caress until a certain point in the quest progression, but there's also the rep cap. If you don't get your rep up as often as possible you're gonna regret it once you want a zaw or kitgun or whatever, but if you spam rep early you're gonna regret it once you see how much easier it is to do it later.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm returning to the game. Well, I didn't play heaps last time so I might as well be new. In dipped my toe into open world just to see. I assume at the moment I'm fine just piddling round unlocking various planets/missions etc and picking up weapons when I feel like it/max one out, or is there something that I Must Do Now omg you noob

For reference I've nearly cleared Venus, sitting round level 10-12 on frame/weapons, MR2. Only a few hours in really

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Yeah there's nothing worth really stressing over. Biggest thing IMO is try to make forma every day if you can. It won't kill you to miss them, but it's nice to get stocked up when you can.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I'd advice joining the clan sooner rather than later. Maybe the discord if you are a discordant. Otherwise, just play, ask questions, look stuff up. Yes the game if weird and obtuse and unbalanced. But also lovable.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
My forma addiction has grown too great and one a day isn't enough anymore :saddowns:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yeah I'm in the discord already, thanks. The bot there is super helpful for drop locations. I'll get around to joining the clan at some point, assuming the info on page 1 is still relevant?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

GenericOverusedName posted:

My forma addiction has grown too great and one a day isn't enough anymore :saddowns:

The three packs are very reasonably priced and I went through dozens in my height of riven mania. Forma like mad, bro!

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Yeap, there were periods where I'd easily go through 30-40 Forma a week. It'll calm down pretty quickly though. Well unless it takes you even longer than me to settle on a few frames/weapons.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

What is customization? I need to be buried in forma just to build all the MR junk from the dojo. I haven't actually used a forma for real in a while. :/

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Mailer posted:

What is customization? I need to be buried in forma just to build all the MR junk from the dojo. I haven't actually used a forma for real in a while. :/

Be like Tallgeese and start 6-formaing the MK1 weapons.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

wid posted:

Around the same time, you could try do some Orb Vallis bounties. At least do the introduction quest if you are able to comfortably kill level 30s. This would give you access to a K-drive. Do a couple of low level bounties so you could afford the handheld laser mining drill. If you have this, you could skip all the drills from Cetus as they are all inferior. The fastest exp grind for Solaris is animal conservation and mining. The rare gems pop up quite a bit and they can be traded for exp.

Unless you're loaded it'd hard to suggest doing conservation to level Orb Vallis, as you need debt bonds to rank up, and the cheapest way to get those is missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Because your rep cap increases with MR, it's not going to set you behind -too- much to delay starting on the rep for cetus and fortuna until you have a good MR9+ weapon and strong frame, but don't be afraid to start on the easy stuff anytime since there are a lot of unique rewards and mechanics unlocked in both places.