Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm gonna bet that they're gonna make the cat fuckable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
morgana should not be handsome, i'm sorry

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
There's a lot of weird screenshots on the jp website, I'm shocked they showed so much. The winter semester must have a lot of timeline fuckery or alternate dimension stuff for any of it to make sense.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Maybe we'll get really lucky and they'll have a feature where if you beat P5 on PS4, P5R will detect your save so you can at least go in with clear data.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're probably gonna end up shortening the amount of time Joker's gonna be in baby prison or just nix that part of the game altogether which would honestly be for the best

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
every single thing about morgana blares "horrible goblin child," not "ryoji mochizuki with a nicer haircut"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Are they gonna give us sexy Koromaru in the obligatory p3 remake

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Literally the most boring thing they could have done with P5, nice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

The most boring thing they could have done is nothing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No because that's not doing anything

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Wait for the switch port of P5, but it's the vanilla one

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Considering that the main issue of P5 is its lackluster characters and storyline, the new girl must really have to shake things up or she'll just add on to the pile of characters that are just there.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Captain Baal posted:

God if they announce P5S and it's just a switch port of vanilla P5 with barely anything else I think I'm gonna loving die

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

By contrast, if it has exclusive content I will also die

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Captain Baal posted:

gently caress that give me the Switch Port of #FE

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Switch port will be vanilla game story wise and none of the new additions, but will add FemMc so you will now buy the game on PS4 and Switch, now owning 3 copies of the game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
People are gonna be okay with a vanilla port once it's revealed at release that The Royal has even more problematic content in it than the original release.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

People are gonna be okay with a vanilla port once it's revealed at release that The Royal has even more problematic content in it than the original release.

for a while i was annoyed that the original western release for tales of vesperia was missing content, and then i saw what patty was like and changed my mind

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

every single thing about morgana blares "horrible goblin child," not "ryoji mochizuki with a nicer haircut"
Agreed. They should have had Morgana’s human form be a little kid and have him get pissed off that he’s no more closer to impressing Ann as he was as a cat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Supersonic Shine posted:

Agreed. They should have had Morgana’s human form be a little kid and have him get pissed off that he’s no more closer to impressing Ann as he was as a cat.

i guess they could have him keep trying to act suave only for ann to condescendingly go "aww look, he thinks he's people"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If this new girl isn't the MC could her Phantom Thief design at least seem different from Joker's? It just looks like a bad, off-brand version of his outfit.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

i guess they could have him keep trying to act suave only for ann to condescendingly go "aww look, he thinks he's people"
I’ll be willing to run with Morgana pulling a Teddie if Ann still treats him like a weird horny goblin.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tell you what p5 needed: to be substantially longer

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The new girl looks like Joker because she is actually Arsene.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

That's dumb, therefore it must be true. Arsene lashing out for being easily forgotten within the first round of fusions.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I changed my mind I'm importing

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lets hang out posted:

for every line of new dialog they add they'll remove one line from the endless group chats reiterating the same plot points over and over

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Biggest things I want are:

Haru getting some sort of earlier plot beats. They had to have Naoto show up occasionally in P4 to give her eventually party joining a little more back ground. Haru shows up so late she doesn't get enough focus.

Fixing the dungeons so they aren't such a huge slog.

Total removal of the homophobic gay panic stereotypes that serve no purpose anyway.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Persona 5 Royale: I'll kiss myself

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Morgana needs a restraining order.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ratoslov posted:

Morgana needs a restraining order.

you've never had a cat if you think they obey orders

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So at this point it's looking like S is just a port of Vanilla P5 if anything, yeah? The balls on this company to announce that one day after a brand new version.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It looks neat, but I hope the next content isn't toward the end of the game. Remixing the game a little to address issues like having Haru join early on or at least interact would be nice.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m probably willing to buy Persona 5 again.

But not twice

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

lets hang out posted:

A friend told me they were about 50-odd hours in and had just beat Makoto's dungeon, so they were coming up on the end of the game, right? Right?

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
What’s the consensus on Persona Q? I just finished SJ:Redux and I’m debating which game to play next between Record Breaker, DDS and Q.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Q is completely awful.

Day one buying P5 golden though.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

They should keep the game the same length and just make the ship dungeon 7 hours shorter

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They should keep the game the same length and just make the ship dungeon 7 hours shorter

oh god don't remind me. I sat down to do that dungeon in one sitting and it just wouldn't end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i took a two or three month break between the first and second half of the boat dungeon and i feel like that was the optimal move