Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

god i can't believe these "scientists" are trying to gauge the public health effects of policy decisions. what a waste of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
it does seem like one of those studies that will end up getting the ig nobel for being turbo obvious

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Coq Roq was a fictional "rooster metal" group (albeit composed of various real-life musicians) with its own website and associated content. The band's musical "style" was classified as punk-sounding rock n' roll, thrash or nu metal. The campaign featured a viral marketing website, television and print campaigns and a fictional MySpace page.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
things can be obvious to individuals but they’ll never be visible to an organization unless they can be quantified in a spreadsheet

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

goblin week posted:

it does seem like one of those studies that will end up getting the ig nobel for being turbo obvious

lol no

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
ok then

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FrozenVent posted:

things can be obvious to individuals but they’ll never be visible to an organization unless they can be quantified in a spreadsheet

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
man i love finding remnants of the old "in popular culture" sections

Other uses

• Vale (album), Black Veil Brides album
  • Vale (mining company), Brazilian mining company
  • Vale Limited, a subsidiary mining company in Ontario, Canada
  • Vale gas field, North Sea gas field
  • Vale, The home town for the protagonists in the Nintendo Game Series Golden Sun
  • Vale, The primary setting of the RoosterTeeth Animated Series RWBY
  • Vale of Arryn, the lands of House Arryn in George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

man i love finding remnants of the old "in popular culture" sections

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/awfulpedia-babies/

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Well, someone did the needful

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

can we ever really be sure what words mean? :350:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I get that its a Simpsons reference but what pedantic fuckwad decided that basic word definitions need a citation

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I think that’s part of the joke. I don’t think anyone would actually need a dictionary to understand that rail means rail.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4XT-l-_3y0

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
LaTeX (/ˈlɑːtɛx/ LAH-tekh or /ˈleɪtɛx/ LAY-tekh;[1] a shortening of Lamport TeX)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
what does TeX stand for though

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
TeX me

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
it's pronounced "tech"

the drug of the future

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's pronounced "tech"

the drug of the future

heh I’m gonna beat you up in ways that would be plausible for bill shatner to perform on screen

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i believe u mean LaTeX

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
richard 'LaTeX' kyanka

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

richard 'LaTeX' kyanka

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dunking on ancient peoples

quote:

As with all single-alphabet substitution ciphers, the Caesar cipher is easily broken and in modern practice offers essentially no communications security. It is unknown how effective the Caesar cipher was at the time, but it is likely to have been reasonably secure, not least because most of Caesar's enemies would have been illiterate and others would have assumed that the messages were written in an unknown foreign language.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FMguru posted:

richard 'LaTeX' kyanka

ouch

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
For a short period of time Genoese merchants, who always supplied fruit for the Jewish ritual of Etrog, used to ship also some amount of this Corsican variety, while there was not enough available from Diamante. This tradition terminated due to competition with the Greek citron which was considered to be of extraordinary beauty.[2]

Today, the citron is cooked with sugar to produce a jam.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The opening line sets the tone "Tuesday was a fine California day, full of sunshine and promise, until Harry Lyon had to shoot someone at lunch."

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The European version of the game was launched on 27 August 2015. Limited editions include the 'Happy Boobs' edition with two audio CDs, poster and certificate, and the 'Shinobi Edition' which comes with an 'oppai' mouse pad with 3D breasts, and decorative wall scroll.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The European version of the game was launched on 27 August 2015. Limited editions include the 'Happy Boobs' edition with two audio CDs, poster and certificate, and the 'Shinobi Edition' which comes with an 'oppai' mouse pad with 3D breasts, and decorative wall scroll.

The game makes use of the stereoscopic 3D feature of the Nintendo 3DS for some of its erotic elements.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Also known as Milk Duct Dysmorphia. Typical causes: nipple clamps, piercings, or most commonly, ill fitting breast pump flanges.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

prefect posted:

The game makes use of the stereoscopic 3D feature of the Nintendo 3DS for some of its erotic elements.

Im teh erotic elements not using the stereoscopic 3D feature of the Nintendo 3DS.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Schadenboner posted:

Im teh erotic elements not using the stereoscopic 3D feature of the Nintendo 3DS.

text me your friend code

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Evidence from various cultures suggests that heterosexual men tend to find the sight of women's genitalia to be sexually arousing.[146]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
hell, same

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

post the most YIKES thing you can find on wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_murderers_by_number_of_victims

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

???

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
i wonder if they're ever going to find a better way to word "you can help by expanding it." for "list of bad things" articles

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Evidence from various cultures suggests that heterosexual men tend to find the sight of women's genitalia to be sexually arousing.[146]

:wth:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Good Lord! Somebody call the news

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
way too much original research there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Bee removal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bee removal is the process of removing bees from a location.