Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

BlazeEmblem posted:

I'm having a crashing problem too, but it only happens after doing several things, not immediately.

Ah, yeah, that's pretty much how it's happening for me, too, I was just trying to emphasize how what triggers it isn't 100% consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:toot: I got hijikata and melt both on my first 10-roll so I know the feeling of having absurdly good luck. My first year of the game with almost no good servants is finally paying off :unsmith:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Who are the Summer servants going to be this year? I'm not sure whether I should keep rolling for Melt or hold off and start saving.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Banner 1 is Caster Nero (5*)/Zerker Nobu/Assassin Nitocris/Saber Fran, Banner 2 is Rider Artoria Alter (5*), Lancer Raikou, Archer Helena, welfare is Rider Isthar

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://news.fate-go.jp/2019/reinforcement10_1/

Arcade is having a Garden of Sinners collaboration event, so the Shiki’s are getting added to Arcade and getting strengthened.

https://youtu.be/sDKmY1S4mEM
https://youtu.be/hvwyVtTOb2M

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am traveling abroad for next 7-8 days and I will probably be without net most of the time. Are there any timed missions, or other time sensitive stuff in the event, that I could miss?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

TheFireMagi posted:

Banner 1 is Caster Nero (5*)/Zerker Nobu/Assassin Nitocris/Saber Fran, Banner 2 is Rider Artoria Alter (5*), Lancer Raikou, Archer Helena, welfare is Rider Isthar

Zerker nobu and assassin nito are my only goals this year

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

Who are the Summer servants going to be this year? I'm not sure whether I should keep rolling for Melt or hold off and start saving.

Lancer Raikou and Caster Nero are both real strong if you're rolling for power.

Lt. Lizard posted:

I am traveling abroad for next 7-8 days and I will probably be without net most of the time. Are there any timed missions, or other time sensitive stuff in the event, that I could miss?

No but it's gonna be kinda tight to 100% it off natural AP.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Ok, everyone. I can't anymore.

My phone literally cannot keep up with Fate:GO anymore. This last edit has reduced the space on my phone to the point where I can't get voicemail anymore. It's slowed it to a crawl and destroyed the battery. And since I am leaving soon anyway, I don't think I'm going to get an upgrade.

So I'm gonna hold a contest to give it away. Thought about selling it, but...eh. Not even sure how I would go about it, so I'm going to think up how to send this off properly.

It's been fun.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

You'll need to spend apples after you get back to clear all missions (you need 90/100 clear to get the final ascension material for BB). That said, I believe that there's still like almost 7 days of AP in excess of the most optimal route clear, so you may not need to spend that many apples, and the 30 silver apples we got is 7 days worth of AP, so if you're willing to grind a bit after you get back you should be able to clear the event.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I have huge stockpile of apples, so I won't mind spending bunch of them and having a SERAPH marathon evening when I return. Thanks guys!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

second summer is nice because only helena is really a "dud" unit, though nito has a weird niche you probably won't need and is mostly a better designed version of summer scath that struggles to measure up in damage.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

dogsicle posted:

second summer is nice because only helena is really a "dud" unit, though nito has a weird niche you probably won't need and is mostly a better designed version of summer scath that struggles to measure up in damage.

I thought Rider Alter was also supposed to be really below par?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Gulping Again posted:

I thought Rider Alter was also supposed to be really below par?

honestly i've been coasting on an assumption that she's probably fine and i just think she's bad due to not liking her, so maybe someone can correct me one way or another. she seems like Kintoki scaled up to an SSR but with no tangible benefit over him aside from two of her skills can affect the team, but you probably wouldn't use them for that/that way. i suppose she scales favorably with NP levels, since her NP1 is basically Kintoki's ceiling and equivalent buffs between the two should push her higher.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Rider Alter hits really hard with her np, but everything else up to and including getting that np is weird and slow.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I don't know too much about how Rider Alter works in practice, but it's probably worth keeping in mind that she's a Quick servant in a post-Skadi landscape for JP players.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She still is not particularly amazing post Skadi, but she is infinitely more useable now. The problem with Maid Alter is second and third skills aren't very good even with the short cooldown on the latter and she doesn't gen NP amazingly at all either and due to her being ST she can only realistically build off of one character. So unless she forces a boss into Overgauge and her follow up cards are suitably powerful she still struggles even making it to 50% for Skadi to prop her back up to NP. Her Np is very strong though and her sole saving grace, if they give her an NP gen buff on her second skill she'll prob rocket to very good quickly though so there is that. She's still not Archer Helena who is the sole dud of all of those servants and she's of course the one I put the most quartz into trying to get.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Both shiki buffs are up. Welfare Shiki is now the best ST assassin outside of np2 5 stars with burst skills.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Tae posted:

Both shiki buffs are up. Welfare Shiki is now the best ST assassin outside of np2 5 stars with burst skills.

...holy poo poo, you're right. 1800% damage and a defense debuff on her NP now. And she's an Arts-based Assassin with an NP charge and a burst skill, too.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Ok, Masters. Time to get those Command Seals cleaned up and those creative juices flowing, because it's time for A fanworks contest.

FATE: GRAND ORDER presents FAREWELL TO QUARTZ: A SPRINGTIME RUSH OF CREATIVITY!

RULES: Fanworks can be judged in three different ways:

1) Fanfic. Make it about who you want, when you want, how you want. The rules are simple: No Erotica, 2000 word limit (Google Docs and most word processors can help you with word count) and the title doesn't count. Other than that, have fun.

2) Fanart. Once again, no erotica. First submissions should be pencil or ink, but only lightly colored if colored at all. Final submissions can be in color if you so choose.

3) Other Fanworks. Animations, audio dramas, FaceRig letsplays while you draw servants. This is the 'other' category, so if you have an off-the-wall idea you want to try out, go for it.

Submissions can be made either to the thread, or messaged to me if you want to retain your privacy. There will be a week's worth of submission (So, until next Friday, May 3), then a few days of judging, then three days for the 'Finals'. The best in each of the three categories will go on to a Final Round, where the three products will be judged against one another. The winner will receive the recovery code for the account.

What you will receive:

Any and all Saints Quarts (83 at current), Mana Prisms (84), Friend Points (20,504) and QP (39.4 mil) for the account. Also, over 150 gold apples, so no worries about AP running out. Like, ever.

Servants:

100 Jalter
90 Scathach
80 Emiya
80 Cu Chulainn
80 Da Vinci
80 Nitocris
80 Herc
80 Ruler Martha
76 Bride Nero
70 Nero
70 Summer Mordred
60 Ozymandias

I also have, sadly under-levelled:

Rider Altertoria
Caster Gil
Angry Melon
Caster Liz
Beowulf
Stheno
Rama
Lancelot

and a handful of other servants to add to the decks.

CEs:
Seven 5-stars, most notably an Origin Bullet, Partake with the King, Halloween Princess and Holy Night Supper

And an odd assortment of materials for skill ascensions.

So, let's start this party off right! Best of luck to all who compete. Even if it's only one of you, which you win by default at that point.

Also, I'll do what I can to play on it to keep current with the event, but between my move, and the fact that Fate is killing my phone, please don't expect too much.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 25, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tae posted:

SHIKI.

CAN.

KILL.

SERVANTS.

DISCUSS.

teehee

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tae posted:

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

...holy poo poo, you're right. 1800% damage and a defense debuff on her NP now. And she's an Arts-based Assassin with an NP charge and a burst skill, too.

Shinjobi posted:

SHIKI.

CAN.

KILL.

SERVANTS.

DISCUSS.

teehee

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If someone actually drew you decent erotica I think that should be an instant victory

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Looks like

Void Shiki: NP damage up (probably from 450%-750% to 600%-900%), team NP charge 10% after NP

Assassin Shiki: NP damage up (probably from 900%-1500% to 1200%-1800%), def down to enemy after NP

This is a also a much needed help for Void, makes her more of a team player

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Just grail Shiki and she'll even compete with NP3s

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hoping that def down is at least 20% 3t

and also that izou's interlude is close by because my brain can't handle tier lists

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If you listen closely you can hear all the SR assassins that actually needed buffs crying in the corner

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

re: Crashes - apparently if you claim multiple missions rewards at once it can crash the game

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Exia posted:

Looks like

Void Shiki: NP damage up (probably from 450%-750% to 600%-900%), team NP charge 10% after NP

Assassin Shiki: NP damage up (probably from 900%-1500% to 1200%-1800%), def down to enemy after NP

This is a also a much needed help for Void, makes her more of a team player

Oh hell yes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

so why are moon cancers strong against avengers again?

Avengers are powered by hate, but BB-chan is powered by love.

Dr Pepper posted:

The reason BB's offensive prowess is rated highly is that with Self Modification it becomes quite decent despite her being having two support skills (Also, in no way are any of her skills "extremely situational").

"remove evade and invulnerable" is the very definition of situational. So is debuff clearing, really, even if that situation comes up more.

And again, no, even with self modification her offence isn't that great compared to an actual offensively oriented servant. Her card damage is decent, for a support servant. Saying she is a legitimate option for a primary damage dealer really is stretching it.

Rorahusky posted:

Pretty much. While BB stand alone isn't all that spectacular, the fact is she synergizes EXTREMELY well with other Arts users, especially Tamamo. Her NP accelerates the rest of the party towards their NPs, and they in turn accelerate her. Toss a 2030 or two in your party and she can even take advantage of her Self-Modification skill. Plus she can throw out heals, get rid of debuffs, and strip targets of annoying Evasion and Invincibility buffs.

Summer BB might be a better Servant on her own merits, but OG BB is practically custom made for her role as a hybrid Attacker and Support in an Arts team.

I'll definitely admit bias in that I don't really make use of arts heavy teams on JP or NA.

That's changing on NA now that I have Tamamo and Nero Bride leveled, but I also don`t have BB there. :v:

J.A.B.C. posted:

Ok, everyone. I can't anymore.

My phone literally cannot keep up with Fate:GO anymore. This last edit has reduced the space on my phone to the point where I can't get voicemail anymore. It's slowed it to a crawl and destroyed the battery. And since I am leaving soon anyway, I don't think I'm going to get an upgrade.

So I'm gonna hold a contest to give it away. Thought about selling it, but...eh. Not even sure how I would go about it, so I'm going to think up how to send this off properly.

It's been fun.

If you want to play it, you can just use Nox. If you want to escape from the curse of fgo, then this is a good excuse. Your call!

Tae posted:

...Wasn't that already the case?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 25, 2019

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cuntellectual posted:

"remove evade and invulnerable" is the very definition of situational. So is debuff clearing, really, even if that situation comes up more

"Stun the enemy Servant" is not situational, nor is Healing. There is not a fight in the game where those two effects are not useful. The fact that BB has other, more situational effects tied to her stun and heal just makes them better.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

One nice thing about BB is that BB/Mashu/Tamamo is one of the best comps you can run her in (and it's a powerful team that can bust apart CQs), so all you need is a friend support with Tamamo and you're good to go.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Finally, a teamcomp that doesnt rely on Merlin/Waver.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
When exactly does BB become available in the quest? I've got all these embers I'm sitting on and it's taking a lot of willpower not to sink them into Melt.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

OnimaruXLR posted:

When exactly does BB become available in the quest? I've got all these embers I'm sitting on and it's taking a lot of willpower not to sink them into Melt.

After you finish all of the main quests, so not until after the first ~5 days of the event

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

dogsicle posted:

hoping that def down is at least 20% 3t

it is

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

SHIKI.

CAN.

KILL.

SERVANTS.

DISCUSS.

teehee

Shiki can kill anything that even holds the concept of death, up to and including worlds, conceptual effects (Disease and poison are both things 'killed' by Tohno, who has the same sort of eyes, without knowing the type of disease or poison in any detail) and immortal beings that cannot be killed even by True Ancestors or True Magic. Servants are just another worthless object she can cut.

Cuntellectual posted:

If you want to play it, you can just use Nox. If you want to escape from the curse of fgo, then this is a good excuse. Your call!

I just looked up Nox and...yeah, maybe. I could put it on the laptop and just run it as a background now and again, it'd be about the same level of play I usually use it for.

Well, we'll see if anyone responds to this contest, anyway. If we do, then it'll go to a good home. If not, I'll boot it up on my lappy and beat (Moon) Cancer.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Wanted fight for Tesla's kinda hard.

E: Nevermind. Friend had an NP5 Jalter.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ah yes, Tesla. A male Archer.

Polygamist Castration Fist.