Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Best ep of season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Best ep of season.
Of the whole anime season? Doppio would like to have a word with you.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

TenementFunster posted:

at least he got a banana. and yeah, the EP looked better than the previous 2, but I'm not as much of a sperg about it as most of this thread. i just wanna see my japanese punch animes

im definitely gonna sperg over the animation and this episode also sucked rear end. It wasn't as dire as the previous 2 but they are still basically not animating anything and instead jiggling a still frame back and forth.

A big problem is that the entire just essence of the show is degraded in quality so not only is the animation worse but everyone is drawn worse, and not in an endearing ONE way!! Tank Top Master standing there like a chode after punching mumen, loving depressing.

Anyways ill try to contain my bitching about this as the season goes on as the story and voice acting are still great.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Really? For me it feels like Saitama's voice actor is really phoning it in.
This episode was better, but it's a low bar to pass. Still a lot of weird ghosting effects all over the place.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The ghosting will never end. It's a result of the show airing on TV Tokyo which now straight up runs a program that ghosts/dims anything that might possibly trigger epilepsy. The blu-rays won't have that effect

My bigger worry is how every decent cut of animation in this show is the result of one dude and given how he's worked on every episode so far the man is going to die.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Apr 24, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Has anyone done a Berserk wobblewalk yet? :ohdear:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

Has anyone done a Berserk wobblewalk yet? :ohdear:

Berserk wobblewalk?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MiddleOne posted:

Berserk wobblewalk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbA9CrZGkRw
note: guts died on his way back to his home planet

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Everytime I think of that CGI disgrace my soul dies just a little more.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
When is the dub for S2 coming out?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

At least we got to see Saitama chumping Garou animated.

Pretty sure the blow he inflicted on Saitama would've killed any regular human, watching Garou get brushed aside after he took out Golden Ball and Spring Moustachio was priceless.

Have to say I agree with everyone else.. This goddamn studio (JC Staff) doesn't do enough actual action. Guess we got spoiled by Madhouse.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

Oh my GOD :allears:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Imagine the average fan's rage when episode 1 first came out in 2016. Like mine.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The best part are the characters in the background slowly sliding to the right.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

rage-saq posted:

When is the dub for S2 coming out?

I can't even imagine how bad this season would be dubbed.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Binary Badger posted:

At least we got to see Saitama chumping Garou animated.

Pretty sure the blow he inflicted on Saitama would've killed any regular human, watching Garou get brushed aside after he took out Golden Ball and Spring Moustachio was priceless.

Have to say I agree with everyone else.. This goddamn studio (JC Staff) doesn't do enough actual action. Guess we got spoiled by Madhouse.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/bg3wvy/overworked_madhouse_pas_interview_has_clues_for/

Apparently this guy collapsed from overwork at Madhouse doing 393 hours in a month of which 200 hours of those are overtime with Madhouse paying for only 50 of those. So maybe S1 OPM on that budget wasn't worth it after all.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Berserk anime... is bad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eej posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/bg3wvy/overworked_madhouse_pas_interview_has_clues_for/

Apparently this guy collapsed from overwork at Madhouse doing 393 hours in a month of which 200 hours of those are overtime with Madhouse paying for only 50 of those. So maybe S1 OPM on that budget wasn't worth it after all.

:chloe:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Eej posted:

That's one perspective

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

I also love how his sixpack have apparently relocated to his chest. :allears:

I only know the Guts anime from this scene, but this is the golden standard for failed animation.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I see manga as so much more humane than anime. The people working themselves to death at least own some of the IP.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Lobe posted:

Jesus Christ.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In that case don't make a season 2 at all

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The animation industry is in the same boat as the gaming and tech industries in that unions pretty much don't exist, right?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yes, but the pay is way way worse (comparing game devs to animators).

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

UP AND ADAM posted:

That's one perspective

Hey I loved S1 OPM but uh maybe it would be better if it wasn't made under slave labor conditions

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
i'm ride or die for this season i dont give a gently caress, especially if the price of perfection is human lives. i'll take some zoom+pan lip flappy scenes, every anime does em anyway.
things could be worse. we could be watching Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 24, 2019

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

bacon flaps posted:

i'm ride or die for this season i dont give a gently caress, especially if the price of perfection is human lives.

things could be worse. we could be watching Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory.

I don't know if we can be confident that the season is worse because the staff is being treated more humanely

Odds are that it was just more rushed or squeezed out of fewer people.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

at any rate, Japan could really benefit from something like a screen actors guild but I get the sense that organized labor is almost nonexistent there in any sector, let alone entertainment

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I just realized they took out Garou shooting the bird this last episode. That makes me unreasonably disappointed.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Japan in general has a really lovely economy where everyone has to work their asses off (oh, excuse me "increase productivity") for the country to basically break even. This is what happens when your economic model is "always be growing" and your population is, in fact, shrinking.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't know if we can be confident that the season is worse because the staff is being treated more humanely

Yeah do we know anything about the conditions of the season 2 production house? 200 hours undocumented overtime sounds suspiciously normal in the gaming and anime world.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Japan in general has a really lovely economy where everyone has to work their asses off (oh, excuse me "increase productivity") for the country to basically break even. This is what happens when your economic model is "always be growing" and your population is, in fact, shrinking.
Yeah, and mix that with the Abe era of rising inequality.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't doubt that the conditions are still horrible but we don't have specifics. I guess I was just glad that it's not the studio we got confirmation of what, 300 hours of unpaid OT for a single worker in a month that we just heard about.

With you 100% regarding Japan needing unions but can't imagine it's realistic considering all the years the US spent influencing the country post-WW2 and passing down its lovely views on labor.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 25, 2019

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nah, instead of working people to death with 300 hours of unpaid overtime, JC Staff just had to contend with trying to animate on a deadline while dealing with rolling blackouts meaning whatever staff they did have had to cram during the hours when they could actually have the power on.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In conclusion: all power to the soviets

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's time for that good old Shirobako pay chart

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's downright depressive if not unexpected.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Wow. Does japan also have their unpaid intern problem like the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Billzasilver posted:

Wow. Does japan also have their unpaid intern problem like the US?

When you have enough people desperate to break into the industry the industry can get away with treating people like poo poo. There's always someone else to fill the hole left when they toss your rear end out for wanting better work conditions.