Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vulture Culture posted:

James will win or lose long before final

yeah you're 100 percent right - it'll go like Iron Crowned said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I want to see him play Watson.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

That final jeopardy was so weak.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

haveblue posted:

For that to happen he needs to not be in a massive runaway at the end and for that to happen someone needs to beat his strategy and knowledge in the earlier rounds. I can't remember the last time he wasn't in the lead for the entire game.

He was behind during the first commercial break last Friday, but he turned it around soon after. That, and the second game he played where it wasn’t a runaway (also a Friday game) have been the closest (for certain values of close).

Maybe he’ll finally lose on another Friday game? Stress of a long taping day throwing off his game?

Apparently some guy who was in the audience of the taping where James loses posted something to that effect (and how much money he winds up winning) last week on the Jeopardy FB page comments. Not gonna say how much his total is said to be, but I guess that means that he won’t still be around when the new season starts taping or whatever if his info is right.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Is there really no legal way to stream Jeopardy? I’d imagine there’s a fair number of folks that’d pay $5 - $10 per month. I guess that must pale in comparison to that sweet syndication money though.

Also, I have a feeling that James is probably just going to gamble everything he won away!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1120514903100542976

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

GhostStalker posted:

Apparently some guy who was in the audience of the taping where James loses posted something to that effect (and how much money he winds up winning) last week on the Jeopardy FB page comments. Not gonna say how much his total is said to be, but I guess that means that he won’t still be around when the new season starts taping or whatever if his info is right.
Oooh I missed that. I have been made aware that his run ends sometime in May but I don't know how accurate that is either. Still spoiler tagging it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

He's going to lose? :monocle:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

HookShot posted:

Oooh I missed that. I have been made aware that his run ends sometime in May but I don't know how accurate that is either. Still spoiler tagging it.

That’s around the same amount of info I got secondhand, since I didn’t see the post itself.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It would be interesting to do analysis on the outcome of the first show of each season - what the win rate for the carryover champion is.

It's got to suck momentum-wise to have that hiatus between games.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I really hope he gets his average over 77000, that would be wonderful

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

frogbs posted:

Also, I have a feeling that James is probably just going to gamble everything he won away!

He very strongly indicated that he's already well-to-do and that he comes from a very wealthy family in today's interview.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Timby posted:

He very strongly indicated that he's already well-to-do and that he comes from a very wealthy family in today's interview.

Yeah, I saw today’s episode just after I posted this, sounds like he’s got some good plans for the money!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Has anyone ever won with $1 and made Johnny say CASH WINNINGS TOTAL... ONE DOLLAAAAARRRRR

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

packetmantis posted:

Has anyone ever won with $1 and made Johnny say CASH WINNINGS TOTAL... ONE DOLLAAAAARRRRR

I dunno if someone has ever won their first game and came back with as a returning champion as announced by Johnny with only a $1 total.

The last time someone won a game with $1 remaining was Manny Abell, a Navy Lieutenant, in 2017, who won his 3rd game with that amount.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

packetmantis posted:

I think there was one last season that was pretty low, not $1 low but it was more like $500 low

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I think there was one last season that was pretty low, not $1 low but it was more like $500 low

I remember that as well; I forget the exact amount, but I believe that champ ultimately took home less than a second place consolation prize all together after coming in third in his second game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
My favorite ending was the teen tournament game with no winner.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
^^^ Haha, I think these were two different episodes.

packetmantis posted:

I liked the episode I think from last year where everyone went all in on Final and all missed it and everyone left with zero. Welp.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

https://twitter.com/BuckyIsotope/status/1120522265265881093

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1120541556832985088

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
why did I even take the quiz then

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

frogbs posted:

Is there really no legal way to stream Jeopardy? I’d imagine there’s a fair number of folks that’d pay $5 - $10 per month. I guess that must pale in comparison to that sweet syndication money though.

If you search Daily Motion for Jeopardy and the Date, you'll likely find it

https://www.dailymotion.com/search/jeopardy%202019-04-25

I think it airs as early as 10am some places in syndication, so you can watch it early and pretend that you know all the answers in Prime Time

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Can you still bet 420 as a final jeopardy?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
What about wagering all but $69 and missing the clue on purpose

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vulture Culture posted:

What about wagering all but $69 and missing the clue on purpose

They'll reverse the ruling on one of your earlier answers

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

This was just brought up in our FB group. Apparently, someone last year bet $1488 to get a significant number to them, but another contestant pointed out to Maggie the unfortunate connotations of that number. So they talked with the contestant who bet that amount (who apparently was clueless and mortified at the connection) and they changed the bet in post in some way. The verboten wagers list was implemented the next day, and apparently contain a lot of white supremacy related number bullshit, so blame them for killing off $69 wagers.

$420 is fine though, apparently Maggie loves joking about that since it’s Cali legal.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 26, 2019

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
what the hell does 1488 mean

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

mennoknight posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mennoknight posted:

christ i wish i could live such a blessed life.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Having fun watching Jeopardy again but man, something is off with this guy. Love watching him make a buttload of money though.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

zapplez posted:

Having fun watching Jeopardy again but man, something is off with this guy. Love watching him make a buttload of money though.

His teeth are disturbing.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

His teeth are disturbing.

It's less the teeth and more the way he brandishes them when attempting to smile like one of you fleshbags a fellow human.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The true power move is betting $31 and getting it wrong on purpose.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Molten Llama posted:

It's less the teeth and more the way he brandishes them when attempting to smile like one of you fleshbags a fellow human.
I'm pretty sure he has a severe underbite. I had one myself growing up before I had corrective surgery, and I always looked like that in pictures and videos. It basically makes it impossible to have a normal smile, and I can almost guarantee he's self-conscious about it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hannibal Smith posted:

I'm pretty sure he has a severe underbite. I had one myself growing up before I had corrective surgery, and I always looked like that in pictures and videos. It basically makes it impossible to have a normal smile, and I can almost guarantee he's self-conscious about it.

Hopefully the million bucks will let him get over it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
But could you bet $6969?

simble
May 11, 2004

A few games now James had the opportunity to wager $69,420 and passed it up. Really shameful.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)

simble posted:

A few games now James had the opportunity to wager $69,420 and passed it up. Really shameful.

This alone should make him an all-time villain of jeopardy history.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

simble posted:

That’s possibly verboten as well, I have no idea.

loving ABC7 here in NY preempting Jeopardy tonight with ESPN for day 2 NFL Draft coverage, it isn’t even if it’s was for the first round picks (that local news will never tire of telling me was yesterday). Goddamn sports bias (I say as a person who grew up watching football with my grandpa, who could barley properly pronounce the names of the teams he was watching and rooting for, but literally slept on the entirety of last season including the Super Bowl because of how crappy the Giants were).

They’re moving it to after weekend Jeopardy tomorrow, but throwing off my schedule for something like this sucks. Guess I don’t get to see how far the James train continues to roll until tomorrow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Was she crying?