Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Get in there, Big Virg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Brony Car posted:

I wonder how Balotelli and Pogba would have been without Raiola. There’s probably only so much you can do with Balotelli, but I imagine both might have been better off by not having an agent who constantly agitated for moves.

I dunno balotelli is fundamentally an excellent footballer and I think if he'd had better people around him he might not have turned into such a head case

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Balo peaked when he shouldered in that goal IMO. That was a badass moment

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Ravel Morrison is now playing in Sweden.

Now that was a loving waste of talent the dozy bugger.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

sassassin posted:

Narsingh is a Raiola client and he wouldn't gently caress off to Greece last summer without having his whole contract paid up in full.

So he does right by the young men under his care, good on him.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Strawman posted:

So he does right by the young men under his care, good on him.

The FT interviewed Raiola. He sounds like a piece of work, but he does seem to care a lot about his clients.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/548155cc-9bcf-11e6-b8c6-568a43813464

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
RIP

https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/1121155502946365442

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ole Out

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

If I was Ole, I would simply use the united way to score lots of goals and win every game.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Pogba's in the loving team of the year lmao

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

EvilHawk posted:

Which City/Liverpool midfielder missed out for this?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Narsingh wouldn't have earned less if he'd gone to Greece we would have subsidised his wages and he'd get a nice signing on fee on top and get to play football in the sunshine, instead of 45 minutes for the first team and two shocking appearances for our u23s all season.

Wanted £2m or so in a duffel bag before Narsignh would get on a flight, which we didn't have even if we wanted to hand it over. What a waste of a career.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Nope.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

How badly does it have to go before you'd feel it was time for Ole to go?

How did you feel about Dalglish's second tenure at Liverpool?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Farcenal

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Brony Car posted:

How badly does it have to go before you'd feel it was time for Ole to go?

I (and I admit I could well be nostalgically biased here) genuinely think he and Phelan can make a positive difference. The stagnation that has obviously been going on for some time, quite possibly even by the tail end of Ferguson's tenure, isn't going to be reversed in a single pre season. Whomever was next permanent manager (even if we didn't appoint Ole and poached Poch instead I'd think the same at this point) needed to be given time, power and resources to arrest that particular problem. Unless it becomes obvious Ole doesn't know wtf he's doing, he and Phelan should be given the time needed to turn things around.

I don't expect a title challenge next season, we're ridiculously off the pace and haven't had the shrewd purchasing and work that say, Klopp has had the time to do, I'll be quite happy with an improvement on wherever we end up finishing this season. The club is reaping what the Glazers/Woodward have sewn.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

:saddowns:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

EvilHawk posted:

Hazard isn't. :shrug:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bundy posted:

I (and I admit I could well be nostalgically biased here) genuinely think he and Phelan can make a positive difference. The stagnation that has obviously been going on for some time, quite possibly even by the tail end of Ferguson's tenure, isn't going to be reversed in a single pre season. Whomever was next permanent manager (even if we didn't appoint Ole and poached Poch instead I'd think the same at this point) needed to be given time, power and resources to arrest that particular problem. Unless it becomes obvious Ole doesn't know wtf he's doing, he and Phelan should be given the time needed to turn things around.

I don't expect a title challenge next season, we're ridiculously off the pace and haven't had the shrewd purchasing and work that say, Klopp has had the time to do, I'll be quite happy with an improvement on wherever we end up finishing this season. The club is reaping what the Glazers/Woodward have sewn.

Same

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

sassassin posted:

Narsingh wouldn't have earned less if he'd gone to Greece we would have subsidised his wages and he'd get a nice signing on fee on top and get to play football in the sunshine, instead of 45 minutes for the first team and two shocking appearances for our u23s all season.

Wanted £2m or so in a duffel bag before Narsignh would get on a flight, which we didn't have even if we wanted to hand it over. What a waste of a career.

There's a championship thread... Stop posting poo poo about Swansea here.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

There's a championship thread... Stop posting poo poo about Swansea here.

They're literally replying with relevant information about what was being talked about.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Farcenal

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I don't give two shits either way about Ole other than finding yet more United drama amusing but I do love the screeching 180 and breathless revisionism of punditry sagely questioning his long term placement like they weren't all howling a month ago for him to get the job

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Sphyre posted:

If I was Ole, I would simply use the united way to score lots of goals and win every game.

if they can't handle The United Way to score lots of goals maybe they could develop a new way to not concede so many goals instead because they've conceded 50 goals this season. I bet they've never conceded that many in the prem era

Arsenal aren't much better

and both are worse than Newcastle!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Arsenal are terrible

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

I don't give two shits either way about Ole other than finding yet more United drama amusing but I do love the screeching 180 and breathless revisionism of punditry sagely questioning his long term placement like they weren't all howling a month ago for him to get the job

This has been the most amusing thing about it. For me that is, I'm sure the losses have been far more enjoyable for others :D

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

As an Arsenal supporter I don’t think they deserve to be in the top four this year but on the other hand United and Chelsea sure as hell don’t either. There’s a such a huge gap between the top two and the rest.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

EvilHawk posted:

Proof, if it were needed, that footballers are as dumb and easily taken in by Pogba's marketing team as the general public. *In A5h voice* he done a dab!!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Milner > Pogba

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Milner > Alles

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Still B.A.E posted:

*In A5h voice* he done a dab!!

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Brony Car posted:

He outed himself as a massibve racist OP

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Still B.A.E posted:

Proof, if it were needed, that footballers are as dumb and easily taken in by Pogba's marketing team as the general public. *In A5h voice* he done a dab!!

He performed in the brief bit of the season before voting that people remember and became poo poo again after it was over

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Butterfly Valley posted:

I don't think anyone was expecting the fading in form to happen so drastically and quickly.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Brony Car posted:

I don't think anyone was expecting the fading in form to happen so drastically and quickly.

Honestly I think some of the squad bought into their own bullshit and "Manchester United" as some form of can do anything against the odds entity and took their foot massively off the gas.

We were at least up for the derby game even while being obviously a cut under the quality of the opposition. Chelsea will be much more telling.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

https://i.imgur.com/EOYGbOg.mp4

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The Mirror is reporting that United are prepared to just buy out the contracts of Sanchez and Rojo so they can gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
The Sanchez saga has been an amazing ride so far.