Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

banned from Starbucks posted:

hahah is this poo poo real?

Not just real, canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's goddamn perfect.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Payndz posted:

That last frame. Darth Vader murdered Pam Poovey!

replace VHMMM with SPLOOSH

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
I just want a movie where Darth Vader chases people while yelling HOOOOOOOOO

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I wonder if George Lucas originally conceived of Anakin as being older when he fathered his children and turned to the dark side. It's a little weird that he cast a guy who was ten years older than Alec Guinness in RoTJ. I know Anakin has had a tough life, but still.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 25, 2019

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

High Lord Elbow posted:

I just want a movie where Darth Vader chases people while yelling HOOOOOOOOO

starring noted japanese comedian darth gay

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Noone's ever really gone.

This perfectly sums up Star Wars.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

MarcusSA posted:

This perfectly sums up Star Wars.

That girl is a mary sue. The artists clearly wishes to die.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jerk McJerkface posted:

That girl is a mary sue. The artists clearly wishes to die.

:same: but with this franchise

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Vader gives absolutely zero fucks.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Vader gives absolutely zero fucks.

If he really gave no fucks, wouldn't the move be to just swivel his chair back around and close his pod in her face?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Why is she wearing sweats and Underarmor?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

General Dog posted:

If he really gave no fucks, wouldn't the move be to just swivel his chair back around and close his pod in her face?

It takes less effort to just point and turn on his lightsaber and call the janitor than it does to ignore her in a Galaxy Far Far Away.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Darth Vader killing some woman because he hates women is VERY sequel trilogy.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Not just women, but men and children too.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

He's even killed.....younglings.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Imagine wasting the opportunity to do Cyborg Harley Quinn.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Taintrunner posted:

Noone's ever really gone.

Ugh.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
The ideology is palpable.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Darth Vader is cancelled

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

How about instead of crying about how Vader hates women, we cry about how awful the artwork is in that

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Why is she wearing sweats and Underarmor?

my genuine first reaction was that it was some weird fanart doing a dig at some fandom person who really stans vader

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Space Empires have casual fridays too ya know

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Brother Entropy posted:

my genuine first reaction was that it was some weird fanart doing a dig at some fandom person who really stans vader

Just seems weirdly personal for Vader. Divorce Court Vader.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

and here i was going the complete opposite and thinking all that was missing was a 'nothing personal' right before the saber ignites

intention vs reality i guess

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

yeah, unless the previous pages had the woman be such a creepy stalker that it freaks out vader, the lightsaber stabbing seems... excessive.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How or why is that canon exactly?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

IG-88 posted:

How about instead of crying about how Vader hates women, we cry about how awful the artwork is in that

Hey, you can do both

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Equeen posted:

yeah, unless the previous pages had the woman be such a creepy stalker that it freaks out vader, the lightsaber stabbing seems... excessive.

Was probably worried that choking her would just get her off.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Equeen posted:

The comics established before that Vader kills everyone but a select few if they see him without the mask. It's still hosed because it's the culmination of a comic where the woman plays out a Phantom of the Opera fanfic in her head and the entire comic is about portraying it as pathetic and deranged in its own right. The writing comes off as uniquely spiteful and the killing is the icing (:v:) on the cake.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Not to go all "not my Vader" but I just don't see that guy, even creepo Anakin, muttering "bitch!" after he kills some rando in cold blood.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think Disney Vader is a pretty cool guy, he murders women and doesn't afraid of anything

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Not to go all "not my Vader" but I just don't see that guy, even creepo Anakin, muttering "bitch!" after he kills some rando in cold blood.

hell i'll go all 'not my vader' on an official comic that seems more of a take that to fans engaging with media the non-brand approved #problematic way than an actual story

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Next issue: Vader sends his legion to gun down a planet of cosplayers in graphic details.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Some of you guys forgot ROTS culminates in Anakin slaughtering a bunch of kids

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

IG-88 posted:

How could anyone forget the best scene in the prequels

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

IG-88 posted:

There’s a very big difference between that scene and this one, where the woman gets too horny-clingy so he impales her and spits on her corpse, calls her a piece of poo poo, then shows it off to the crew.

“You’re not garbage, and I don’t know why you were treated like garbage.”
-Kevin “Fragmaster” Bowen, in Mood House

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Wouldn't it have been more on brand for him to force-choke her to death anyway. I thought that was what happened before the panel with the lightsaber through her.

And the art is terrible. Just the lazy way Vader is stabbing her. And why is he using his left hand? Vader's a righty! I hope somebody was fired for this blunder!

Bring back Wookie crushing moons I say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't particularly like the story but Darth Vader brutally murdering people isn't really out of character in general. He comes a hair away from force-choking a guy to death because he was snarky at him and leaves a literal trail of bodies behind him.

That said, someone earlier said this was probably a response or reference to Aphra and I imagine that is correct. The comic she debuted in basically existed to make it clear that Vader was not your friend even if you tried to be his.

(She survives due to plotonium but the comic seems like the same basic thing as this, just more mean spirited.)