Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Scratch Monkey posted:

Riker didn’t want to be promoted because Star Fleet would make him take his own command and he preferred to be XO on the Enterprise under Picard. They offered him ships a bunch of times but he always said no.
:pseudo:

I know that, I meant "why the gently caress did Data think 3 was the way to signal Riker, 3 could mean goddamn anything, wouldn't 1 be better since he was always called 'number one'"

Though I suppose since he was sending the message, it was the way he was thinking so it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What's Hwng?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Think that says “strong” which I guess is like an aspirational form of tattoo? I should get SUPER HANDSOME tattooed somewhere on me to show the world how good looking I am

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Everything about this photo is Hwng.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I think it's supposed to be "Hrung" as in "Ford's father was the only man on the entire planet to survive the Great Collapsing Hrung Disaster, by an extraordinary coincidence that he was never able satisfactorily to explain. The whole episode is shrouded in deep mystery: in fact no one ever knew what a Hrung was, nor why it had chosen to collapse on Betelgeuse Seven particularly."

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I have nothing against Harry Potter tattoos, I have some myself, what I hate is that so many people lack originality and get the Deathly Hallows symbol or the word always.

In a thread I was just looking at, someone asked if they could copy a water colour DH symbol for their first tattoo. The tattoo wearer said yeah sure, I got it off google :bang:

Anyway...

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

"It's really lame when people get cliched tattoos inspired by massively popular book/movie franchises. They should put a little more thought into and get unique tattoos inspired by massively popular book/movie franchises instead."

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

"It's really lame when people get cliched tattoos inspired by massively popular book/movie franchises. They should put a little more thought into and get unique tattoos inspired by massively popular book/movie franchises instead."

Written by transphobic authors who try to retcon in poo poo to save face, the best kind of massively popular book/movie franchise!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

Exactly my point. I wouldn’t want something that so many other people have also got. The only time I don’t mind is if it’s an old school flash piece or something.

Johnny Truant posted:

Written by transphobic authors who try to retcon in poo poo to save face, the best kind of massively popular book/movie franchise!

I didn’t know she was transphobic? I do, however, think she needs to stop releasing ‘new info’ on characters in the books. It’s getting stupid.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Doesn’t everyone get their tattoo ideas off google? :confused:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

ricketyvickyt posted:

I didn’t know she was transphobic? I do, however, think she needs to stop releasing ‘new info’ on characters in the books. It’s getting stupid.

Her tweets are...yikes. She retweets TERFs, sometimes with a heart emoji, then claims later to not have read the ultra transphobic article and "only" RT'd it from the badly transphobic headline.

:dksays: JK Rowling.

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 16:40 on Apr 25, 2019

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ricketyvickyt posted:

Queen Combat posted:

Her tweets are...yikes. She retweets TERFs, sometimes with a heart emoji, then claims later to not have read the ultra transphobic article and "only" RT'd it from the badly transphobic headline.

Yup. It's happened multiple times now I'm fairly sure, and "WHOOPS old JK Rowling not knowing how to tweet, lol" has been the excuse.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Well indirectly because of her I found out about people making GBS threads in the hallways at Versailles, so hey.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Palemdromes posted:

Is 32 too late to get a tattoo?

My ma got her first, and thus far only, tattoo at 60.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

No
Sub
Ren
Deb

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
>1100 likes...is it possible to have that many ironic likes on something?

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

I don't exactly know why, but the bluejeans are killing me.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

whypick1 posted:

>1100 likes...is it possible to have that many ironic likes on something?

what seriously gets me is the capitalization

NO SuBReNDeB is what it looks like, and even if the R's didn't look like B's i'm not sure SuRReNDeR is better, it's like that fuckin spongebob meme

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

That is actually the only good tattoo on that guy

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I ... kind of like it. :psyduck:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

ricketyvickyt posted:

Exactly my point. I wouldn’t want something that so many other people have also got. The only time I don’t mind is if it’s an old school flash piece or something.

She's peak neoliberal and over in England that sort all got infected with TERF brainworms. Apparently if you don't have a bunch of black women dragging you about how racist and exclusionary your feminism has gotten, you start recreating the lavender menace all over again.

Execution leaves something to be desired, but otherwise it's kind of cute.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Idgi

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pillsbury Doughboy, Ice Cube used it as a double entendre in a verse once.

"I make dough, but don't call me doughboy."

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

there wolf posted:

She's peak neoliberal and over in England that sort all got infected with TERF brainworms. Apparently if you don't have a bunch of black women dragging you about how racist and exclusionary your feminism has gotten, you start recreating the lavender menace all over again.

Execution leaves something to be desired, but otherwise it's kind of cute.

I have an original Doughboy, that's my story.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Oh, these are bad.

synthetik posted:

Loving the perfectly rectangular torso, and the giant abs that go straight up to the tits. The terrible tail barely even registers.

fistful of hammers
Nov 11, 2011
Great username/ post combo.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

synthetik posted:

That thing on the leg is a tail? I thought it was a snake at first.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
You just know he brought in a photo of himself standing in that pose and asked the artist to make him look ripped, which is why there's no shape, abs don't make sense, and he's hunched over staring at his feet and has no idea how to pull off a heroic "Adonis" pose.

He's just a good guy with a dark past, he trusts noone, not even himself, 99% angel but 100% devil, a psyche so deep and complex that you just wouldn't understand...

I'm sure he is utterly intolerable.

Also, LOL "Ambition" is definitely the inspirational word i associate with 3 stars and some tribal poo poo.

EDIT TO ADD:

Summer is coming and with that begins the influx of 18-25 year old girls sending me emails with poo poo like this as a reference:

If you dare explain to them that it's just not going to work and will in fact just become a blurry line within a few months then you're being rude, or you're just not good as an artist, or we are lying to them because they know the person in the photo and they got the tattoo done 3 years ago and it still looks like that today (they don't actually know the person at all, or if they do then the tattoo looks nothing like that today), or any other number of reasons as to why we don't know what we're talking about while still insisting we do it. When you pose the question "if you don't think we know what we're doing or we aren't good artists then why are you still trying to book in with this ridiculous idea?" well, "Because all the other shops said they wouldn't do it too.". :catstare:

dpack_1 has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Apr 28, 2019

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Not the hand of someone with a serene homelife.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That's the hand of someone that takes a fuckton of Xanax, so probably pretty serene actually.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess it's a little nsfw actually

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Owns

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Field Mousepad posted:

That's the hand of someone that takes a fuckton of Xanax, so probably pretty serene actually.

She looks like a Lorri who is a "consultant" for a makeup or skin care MLM and probably has a poodle shih tzu "purebred cross" she bought from an ad in a newspaper.

Little Acorns
Apr 5, 2019

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woKFJ6pcQFE

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Which is better?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

The Before Before.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
drat it's tough, at first glance the bottom is worse but then it's more even but less shaded, tough call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Is bruise shading just a lazy way of adding depth or do people genuinely like it?