Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
What spoofer wouldn't just run 3 accounts and use the instagib trick to take the gym in 5 minutes?

Also, the event was pretty boring overall, but I did get another munchlax, kid got a mantyke, and we got one shiny latios on the morning of the last day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Beastyfella posted:

What spoofer wouldn't just run 3 accounts and use the instagib trick to take the gym in 5 minutes?

How does this work? I've had this done to me before a raid, but we can't figure out how to replicate it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Beachcomber posted:

How does this work? I've had this done to me before a raid, but we can't figure out how to replicate it.

iirc it's just "3 people initiate a battle for the gym, which drops all 3 into a fight against the first pokemon. two people bail and rejoin, one person bails from that and rejoins, all 3 people in separate battles against the same pokemon finish their fights and 1-2-3 punch the first pokemon to death instantly". I may be missing some nuance as I've never really tried to pull one off for real.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Louisgod posted:

Spawns are so boring without an event. I log in once for the day to get a stamp, spin a stop and catch something then don’t play for the rest of the day.

At least now I can find stuff beyond the 3 event mons that they want you to find during an event. Rares aren't that interesting if you are catching the same rare all day every day for 6 days.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

iirc it's just "3 people initiate a battle for the gym, which drops all 3 into a fight against the first pokemon. two people bail and rejoin, one person bails from that and rejoins, all 3 people in separate battles against the same pokemon finish their fights and 1-2-3 punch the first pokemon to death instantly". I may be missing some nuance as I've never really tried to pull one off for real.

You've got to get the defender below something like 10 or 15% health before the other people can bail. Additionally, the timer is obviously a problem, so you've got to be able to clear all 3 rounds of the full-strength defender with gradually less people each time before it runs out on the first fight.

When we've done it in the past, we'll take one battle off it then do the instakill for the last two. People rarely throw golds after 1 fight.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vegastar posted:

You've got to get the defender below something like 10 or 15% health before the other people can bail. Additionally, the timer is obviously a problem, so you've got to be able to clear all 3 rounds of the full-strength defender with gradually less people each time before it runs out on the first fight.

When we've done it in the past, we'll take one battle off it then do the instakill for the last two. People rarely throw golds after 1 fight.

This is what they were doing, it would go down once then disappear instantly. I started dropping the berry on the first dip and eventually they gave up

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

reignofevil posted:

Seriously the convenience of adventure sync is fantastic but now when I'm going on a long walk without poke stops I check to make sure the app is closed when I'd much rather the game gave me good reason to keep it open and ya know, play.

If they want us to keep the app open and playing they ought to make in-game tracking worth a drat. I'm lucky to get half the walking distance I actually earn when I have the app open.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Psion posted:

It wouldn't be Air Canada if they didn't find a way to screw you over somehow!

Hahah absolutely!

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Research breakthroughs are finally changing1 :woop:

May and June will have Lugia, Ho-oh, Latios, and Latias.
https://pokemongohub.net/post/news/research-breakthroughs/

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Auxiliary Treats posted:

drat. I was hoping for Entei #437.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I still have a chance to get a golden dragon! And finally hatch some of these dumb baby dex fillers

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yay an ex pass

Boo it's on Friday in the middle of the day

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Thank God for the egg changes, I'm in desperate need of candy for basically everything that's being shifted to 5k and I've yet to catch an absol.

I know we have torchic for may, the gen 3/4 starters and probably gible when it finally releases, but what's likely for the other CDs this year? I have no idea how they determine it.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

BGrifter posted:

drat. I was hoping for Entei #437.

I got one last one yesterday instead of waiting for May

Dammit.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Mawile being in 10k eggs is dumb as poo poo though.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

PathAsc posted:

Yay an ex pass

Boo it's on Friday in the middle of the day

I got one that's somehow miraculously for 10:30am on a Saturday, at a park literally 2mins away from my house

No shinies for me for a year, apparently

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Can they put regionals back in 7ks already? Take the loving babies out!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Just caught a shiny Scyther on the way to the bus :toot:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Manoueverable posted:

Thank God for the egg changes, I'm in desperate need of candy for basically everything that's being shifted to 5k and I've yet to catch an absol.

I know we have torchic for may, the gen 3/4 starters and probably gible when it finally releases, but what's likely for the other CDs this year? I have no idea how they determine it.

They seem to fairly reliably alternate starters and non-starter CDs, where non-starters are good-to-god 3-tier evolution chains. Assuming they ever get around to releasing Gible that’s going to be a CD gimmie; Magnemite is extremely likely as well with a Magnezone release.

Another (in my dreams) possibility would be seeing a Ralts with a Fairy-typed fast move, otherwise Abra/Ghastly/Rhyhorn are all theoretical possibilities.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Oh thank sweet gently caress. Lugia is the ONLY one I don't have from the current pool. I am so sick of Raikous and Enteis.

I did not get any pink bunnies or sheep from the Easter event. :( BUT I did just get my first shiny Melty Boy! Feels good after I went the entire event last time he came around without a single shiny to show for it. His stats are utter crap but I don't care. He's my beautiful shiny boy!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Auxiliary Treats posted:

I still don't have a ice golem dude

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I still don't have a ice golem dude

I've only gotten regice, who was the only regi i got in a raid. :^)

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

This is good but I kind of wish they’d focus down even more. I have Luigi and Ho-Oh but from the last few I’ve gotten repeats of these and missed Articuno, 2/3 of the Johto dogs and likely one Regi. I know I’m preaching to the choir but it sucks when your once per week encounter is a shittier version of something you already have.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Coq au Nandos posted:

This is good but I kind of wish theyd focus down even more. I have Luigi and Ho-Oh but from the last few Ive gotten repeats of these and missed Articuno, 2/3 of the Johto dogs and likely one Regi. I know Im preaching to the choir but it sucks when your once per week encounter is a shittier version of something you already have.

As with everything in Pogo, it's feast or famine. Check your local discord if you can, I guarantee at least 3 people have had your luck but inverted.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

They seem to fairly reliably alternate starters and non-starter CDs, where non-starters are good-to-god 3-tier evolution chains. Assuming they ever get around to releasing Gible that’s going to be a CD gimmie; Magnemite is extremely likely as well with a Magnezone release.

Another (in my dreams) possibility would be seeing a Ralts with a Fairy-typed fast move, otherwise Abra/Ghastly/Rhyhorn are all theoretical possibilities.

Yeah I'm really hoping for Ralts because I was lucky enough to hatch one during the egg event which got me enough candy for gardevoir but knowing I have to do it again for gallade is just, ugh.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I hatched a Riolu that will hit exactly 2500cp as a Lucario :getin:

Now I just need 108 candy to power it up, only need to walk... 540km :negative:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't find a shiny Bunny but I did find a 100% and two shiny Shuckle which imho is vastly better than a pink Easter sex rabbit anyway. They are going to go in all the gyms when my long eggs are all out on business. When Sword and Shield drop there will be mega evolutions and Galar forms for gen 2 Pokemon for sure and it will be time for Mega Shuckle to shine. And I will be ready!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
gently caress the pink bunny, gently caress the Blue Rock, I just caught the only shiny that matters:

Lapras is my favorite pokemon so this owns.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

seiferguy posted:

gently caress the pink bunny, gently caress the Blue Rock, I just caught the only shiny that matters:

Hell yeah!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

seiferguy posted:

Pink Pokemon are the most special shinies. Pink Hypno is my personal #1 with honorable mentions to Pink Wailord, Pink Ampharos, and Pink Mega Garchomp. Golden shinies are the second best with Gold Nugget Swablu and Lucky Golden Magikarp being obvious champions in a distinguished field.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
When did shiny Lapras show up in the game???

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TheMaestroso posted:

Last weekend but it didn't get the shuckle 'I'm everywhere!!!' treatment.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

TheMaestroso posted:

Lapras shows up from the "win 5 gym battles" research task. My local discord has been on the lookout for them. It showed up from one of those.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
....I didn't know it came from those tasks.

I got rid of mine since there are practically no gyms near me.

Ugh

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Any chance of a Machop community day introducing a move better than Dynamic Punch, or is it pretty safe to evolve my two 100%s?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I would stab someone for a shiny pink Lapras.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Fake James posted:

Any chance of a Machop community day introducing a move better than Dynamic Punch, or is it pretty safe to evolve my two 100%s?

Almost 0 chance since the shiny version came out, and there's not really a better fighting moveset combo.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Bad news: ER trip this morning. :(

Good news: After we got discharged, found shiny Shellder #2! :hellyeah:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
congrats on the orange lining to your bad day?

eh, doesn't have the same ring to it

but seriously, shiny shellder is extremely top tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Sykic posted:

I hatched a 96% Elekid (possibly the first I've hatched over mid-80%), my first Bonsly, and a shiny Smoochum, everything else was garbage.

Chingling doesn't exist though, you can't fool me. :colbert:

Are they really rare? I hatched one!

Probably 1000 bunny touches and no shiny. No shiny mold rock either. Fuckle that shuckle.