Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Pre-draft take:

I hate all non Cowboys teams in this division, as is customary, but I'm really just hoping Washington poops down their leg, then slips on said poop and faceplants throughout the draft. New York, Philly, do whatever, but I really need Snyder to pull further away with the "worst owner in sports" title.

i am also down with this. also the giants not drafting a qb would be funny.

eagles/cowboys supremacy for the next decade in the nfc east would be fun...even if the cowboys do suck :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

axeil posted:

i am also down with this. also the giants not drafting a qb would be funny.

eagles/cowboys supremacy for the next decade in the nfc east would be fun...even if the cowboys do suck :)

Nah, the Giants drafting Daniel Jones at 6 would be the best, most funny thing. Not taking a quarterback in this draft is probably the smart thing actually, which means they probably won't do that

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Play posted:

Nah, the Giants drafting Daniel Jones at 6 would be the best, most funny thing. Not taking a quarterback in this draft is probably the smart thing actually, which means they probably won't do that

I don't pretend to know too much about this stuff but if they pick 6th seems like Haskins is the move there. They could trade back and get Jones couldn't they?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Shinjobi posted:

Pre-draft take:

I hate all non Cowboys teams in this division, as is customary, but I'm really just hoping Washington poops down their leg, then slips on said poop and faceplants throughout the draft. New York, Philly, do whatever, but I really need Snyder to pull further away with the "worst owner in sports" title.

Somehow in spite of my fandom I want this as well.

I really need a new team.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't pretend to know too much about this stuff but if they pick 6th seems like Haskins is the move there. They could trade back and get Jones couldn't they?

Haskins would be fine, neither funny nor unfunny until we see him play

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Lol Giants

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Play posted:

lmao

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

fade me

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Giants fans: Reaction?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
dave gettleman is gutter trash garbage not fit to be expelled from my anus

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

ELO Musk posted:

Giants fans: Reaction?

basically what gettleman did is gave up O'Dell Beckham, Landon Collins, and snacks Harrison. outside of saquon those were the three most impactful players on the field last season and it's not even close.

what he got in return: zeitler , dexter, who will be much worse than snacks, jabril peppers who is much worse than Collins, an insanely overpaid golden tate and whatever stiff we draft with the Harrison pick.

for O'Dell Beckham, Landon Collins, and Damon Harrison. making GBS threads the bed does not even describe it. this is the bed making GBS threads event horizon. it might be the most legendary bed making GBS threads I've ever paid this much attention to. the sheets, the mattress, the box spring are all brown and stinky. passersby are gagging. the cdc has taken an interest.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thank you for that post. It brought me immense joy.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
obviously stretching for Daniel Jones is a God awful idea. he's 6-10 against acc teams and has a mediocre completion percentage.

gettleman is hardly the first gm to blow a top 10 pick on a QB he thinks is the guy though. the dexter Lawrence pick, a pick on a guy who will just straight up be a shittier version of the dude he's replacing, a pick we traded O'Dell Beckham to get, really loving sucks. not even that he's a bad player but in context of all the stupid poo poo gettleman has done, we traded Beckham and in return our defense got dramatically worse. zeitler is great but Jamon Brown was awesome in that spot too.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
gettleman has taken a bad team with some bright spots and turned it into a bad team.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

You fire Gettleman but your new GM is Bruce Allen. Another finger on the monkey paw curls.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I appreciate the Giants making the Browns better though. That was very nice of them.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

was it not the best, most funny thing? definitely got the biggest of laugh of the day from me, just in its inscrutable idiocy

Gettleman is an absolute joke. you don't win football games with culture. you don't win football games with familial connections. You win football games with talent in the coaching staff and talent in the team. Dealing players because they don't gel with the locker room is fine, but what this guy is going is something else entirely.

Gettleman winning executive of the year after drafting cam was a loving joke because it was actually Richardson who demanded that pick be made. Gettleman wanted Gabbert and followed that up with a series of awful drafts that put the Panthers in the basement. I can't imagine the Giants hiring anyone worse, and that's been borne out tonight.

At least Lawrence is a decent, if quite boring and potentially non-impactful player

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
dave gettleman always talks about himself as if he's the dumbest guy in the room, which is funny because he actually is

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m so happy.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

So wait Washington... Did the OK thing? Wow

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

although it does look like Washington did a good job tonight

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Basically everyone is laughing at the Giants right now. Even Giants fans. The other 3 teams did ok to very good depending on what you think of the individual players.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

although it does look like Washington did a good job tonight

Yeah from the available evidence they did a great job. Got the second best QB in the middle of the first round without moving up, demonstrating admirable patience. I'm also happy Haskins went there because I want to see him next season and with Washington he'll probably start playing pretty quick.

Montez Sweat may end up being the best edge rusher picked so far. Killed it at the combine (including the fastest 40 yard dash at the postion), owned at the senior bowl and came on really strong towards the end of the year. A true speed rusher with excellent length and room to fill out. Him lining up next to Kerrigan, Allen and Payne looks pretty drat good. Now if only the franchise wasn't a cesspool of crass racism and incompetence, they'd be in business

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah it’ll be interesting to see how Snyder fucks it up. Haskins will probably have 3 HCs and 5 OCs in his rookie deal

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gay Horney posted:

basically what gettleman did is gave up O'Dell Beckham, Landon Collins, and snacks Harrison. outside of saquon those were the three most impactful players on the field last season and it's not even close.

what he got in return: zeitler , dexter, who will be much worse than snacks, jabril peppers who is much worse than Collins, an insanely overpaid golden tate and whatever stiff we draft with the Harrison pick.

for O'Dell Beckham, Landon Collins, and Damon Harrison. making GBS threads the bed does not even describe it. this is the bed making GBS threads event horizon. it might be the most legendary bed making GBS threads I've ever paid this much attention to. the sheets, the mattress, the box spring are all brown and stinky. passersby are gagging. the cdc has taken an interest.

Lmao.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's not sexy. But the Eagles got a steal.

2nd round, let's gooooooooooooooo.

Darrell Henderson or bust (possibly 4th round).

Top Selfish Eagles Wants for Day 2:
* OT/OG - Dalton Risner
* S - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
* DE - Chase Winovich
* WR - AJ Brown
* RB - Darrell Henderson
* RB - David Montgomery
* WR - Paris Campbell
* OG/C - Elgton Jenkins
* DE - Anthony Nelson
* WR - JJ Arcega-Whiteside
* LB - Mack Wilson
* DE - Maxx Crosby
* WR - Andy Isabella

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

89 posted:

Darrell Henderson or bust (possibly 4th round).

Oh, I'm sure you'll get your wish. Eagles love to draft busts with their day 2 picks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BiggerBoat posted:

They will.

They'll trade the farm to move up and get Daniel Jones with the 4th pick or some stupid poo poo. I'm glad WAshington is in Philly's division and can be counted on to gently caress up consistently and predictably.

Play posted:

:lol:

I forgot the draft started yesterday and didn't check this thread until a few minutes ago. :yeah:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

Basically everyone is laughing at the Giants right now. Even Giants fans. The other 3 teams did ok to very good depending on what you think of the individual players.

It's not Jets.Avi, but it warms my heart:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanfieldabc/status/1121612585873420294

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
My brothers' dream of Monteze Sweat and Josh Sweat both playing on the same D-Line has been dashed. He had a half-dozen nicknames for that combo already.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/_beezneez/status/1121586948680740866

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s dead on

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

indigi posted:

yeah it’ll be interesting to see how Snyder fucks it up. Haskins will probably have 3 HCs and 5 OCs in his rookie deal

At least 2 HCs given that Gruden is in his final year and from what I've read Haskins doesn't have the mobility that Gruden has historically preferred. Sweat seems like a solid pickup, but the defense seems to be perennial underperformers. Greg Manusky looks to be the DC for a third year after it was clear nobody else wanted the job. That said at least on the offensive side the Redskins seem to have a lot of continuity; although the titles change the same folks seem to be handling things on the offense from year to year.

The real issue is that Haskins has no real weapons. The offensive line remains solid (although center is a weakness), but the projected starters are Josh Doctson, Paul Richardson, Trey Quinn, and the injury-riddled shell of Jordan Reed. Now it's entirely possible that Docton puts it all together in his fourth year (more like his third since he sat out his rookie year), that Reed stays healthy, that Guice turns into the next Todd Gurley, and that the secret to eternal life is sitting in front of a computer screen for hours at a time with poor posture. I doubt it, but anything is possible.

More likely this is another sign that Gruden really is out and that Snyder plans on gutting the whole team... again... once this season is over. Ultimately that means we go through the same thing as every other time with the locker room devolving into a toxic shithole around November as the players obviously quit on a lame duck coach, the December games effectively being "home" games for the teams visiting FedEx field, and the media lapping it up as they're used to relay all of the backstabbing and dirty politics that have come to define coaching changes in the Snyder era.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
for fucks sake.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

You'd think the stadium was collapsing on top of them by the sound of those wails

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i have strong doubts about janoris Jenkins finishing out his last two years simply because he's the only name left

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
God drat I'm depressed about football and the only place I have to talk about it is a dead thread full of eagles fans. Maybe I'll do what everybody else in this state without a football team does and watch Broncos games or take my old Rams gear out of my mother's closet

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I'm really happy about the Eagles draft. The offense is going to be fun as hell next year

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah I’ve really got no complaints about what the Eagles have done so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I really, really wanted to see the 2Sweaty line.

The B.O. Busters.

The Golden Bond.