Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

bushisms.txt posted:

I'll just say, dev who happens to be in here, I'll buy turok at full price if you make this happen.

We had a hard enough time getting one viewport running at 60FPS. :(

Well okay it probably wouldn't be that hard; setup the scene collector with a wider FOV then draw two narrower cameras from the same vertex pool. Getting time to investigate that is a different story, it'd be cool but we have many things to do already. :v:

Rocket Pan fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Nintendo is super successful, does that mean we won't see any new cool features for the switch to get people to buy it? Seems like whenever Nintendo does well, they get into a real "gently caress off" mood where they think they can sit on their laurels.

Any worth while Pro or 2 or whatever is gonna need hardware that is very likely being worked on right now but such things are measured in years not months.

Plus there is a degree of a'nt broke don't fix it that everyone who wants to speculate constantly seems to forget.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rocket Pan posted:

Well okay it probably wouldn't be that hard; setup the scene collector with a wider FOV then draw two narrower cameras from the same vertex pool. Getting time to investigate that is a different story, it'd be cool but we have many things to do already. :v:

Also get this working on PC if you do it on Switch! Though with how fast you are in Turok you'll be vomiting in no time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

LethalGeek posted:

Plus there is a degree of a'nt broke don't fix it that everyone who wants to speculate constantly seems to forget.

There's also the degree of people requesting features that have been on the 3DS for years like folders, and themes.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

They apparently want to keep the OS as simple as possible I guess, which :shrug: that's... Nintendo! I was just talking about hardware stuff anyway

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
For every person that requests folders and themes I unrequest is so the number of people who want it stays at 0.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Rocket Pan posted:

It is a great remaster, by the way. When I was messing around with the VR initially, one of my first thoughts was that Turok (since i was playing it recently) would fit the format perfectly. Mostly because the resolution is low, and turok is a remaster of an n64 game that already has gyros.

Possible or not, it would be really really cool :)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Late to the party for checking out VR Zelda because I've been sucked into Steamworld Quest because it's just so charming. I was initially wondering if it would somehow continue from Heist, and I can now say the equipment system feels familiar and I'm satisfied with the frame-story setup.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Chronojam posted:

Late to the party for checking out VR Zelda because I've been sucked into Steamworld Quest because it's just so charming. I was initially wondering if it would somehow continue from Heist, and I can now say the equipment system feels familiar and I'm satisfied with the frame-story setup.

I started playing that this evening and forced myself to stop since I have to go to work tomorrow. It is really charming so far!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

American McGay posted:

For every person that requests folders and themes I unrequest is so the number of people who want it stays at 0.

that's not how democracy works!!!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol ok the mario VR thing was a little more charming. mainly watching the intro and ending cinematic. :shrug:

with nvidia not doing more tegras I don't know what a switch pro might be other than like an upclocked in the dock version and with a high ppi screen that's using some sorta chip to upscale the native resolution to the denser panel :shrug:

at least that'd escape it from having aliasing in the labo VR i dunno

also, the HD rumble with come with an external pump so that the 'hydraulic rumble' can properly rip your limbs off via thousands PSI of pressure when its simultaneously launched with f-zero rammers :twisted:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Takoluka posted:

"No longer has a touchscreen. No longer has rumble."

Why do people want their consoles to play FEWER games?

When have you ever used the touchscreen

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Sometimes in Darkest Dungeon I'll use touch controls because the controller setup is rotten.

That's about it

e: eshop password too lol

Kikkoman fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 26, 2019

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

goblin week posted:

Entering the wifi password. Youtube.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Kikkoman posted:

Sometimes in Darkest Dungeon I'll use touch controls because the controller setup is rotten.

That's about it

This. That control scheme is warmed-overr rear end.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I bought Snake Pass because I accidentally clicked on the discover tab of the store and saw it was on sale.

I guess the system works, good job nintendo

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Also it's not on sale or anything right but people who like puzzle games should buy She Remembered Caterpillars! It's so good and it's also really lovely looking/sounding and it's around the same price as Baba is You

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm not a picross person but I imagine they play a lot better with a touch screen.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm not a picross person but I imagine they play a lot better with a touch screen.

I love picross to death, Ive literally only used the touchscreen when it was mandatory

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I vastly prefer picross with buttons rather than a touchscreen. I never used the touchscreen controls in it on 3DS either.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've played a poo poo ton of picross and I use the buttons, too

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TUROK VR MODE NOW PLZ

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm not a picross person

hosed up if true

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Haha well clearly I have no idea how Picross is played. I only use the touch screen to browse around YouTube and hulu, maybe a few times to play some games but not often.

less laughter posted:

hosed up if true

I'm not good at puzzle games :(

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

goblin week posted:

I have such an aversion to fingerprints on screens from growing up in the pre-smartphones era that I'm loathe to use my fingers on my Switch. I use the touch-screen when forced, but I went ahead and bought one of those pens, so as to not touch it myself.

I'd be fine without it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's weird because you're think picross would be best with a touch screen. I've played Picross games with touch and others with buttons and buttons are just better. I even played the (Japan only) Final Fantasy Picross by Jupiter game for 3DS that was a touch only and buttons still feel better.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's good that the Switch has a touch screen for when the next Theathrythm game comes out

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm snaking around!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's weird because you're think picross would be best with a touch screen. I've played Picross games with touch and others with buttons and buttons are just better. I even played the (Japan only) Final Fantasy Picross by Jupiter game for 3DS that was a touch only and buttons still feel better.

It`s weird at first, but then you realize that, with touching only, you have to touch somewhere else to change from filling in a square or marking a square as empty. With buttons, I would assume that, with a square selected, you have one button for `Fill`, and another for `mark as empty`. That seems like it would be a more intuitive system.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Touch+Buttons is ideal Picrossing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

less laughter posted:

It's good that the Switch has a touch screen for when the next Theathrythm game comes out

I liked Theatrhythm more with buttons as well.

Also square needs to hurry the gently caress up and make one for the Switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It`s weird at first, but then you realize that, with touching only, you have to touch somewhere else to change from filling in a square or marking a square as empty. With buttons, I would assume that, with a square selected, you have one button for `Fill`, and another for `mark as empty`. That seems like it would be a more intuitive system.

With touch you just hit the shoulder button as a toggle with your non-dominant hand, though I generally prefer buttons only anyway.

The one thing more satisfying about touchscreen is filling in a whole row like strumming your hand down a piano's keys.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do the picross games on switch even have touch controls? Unless there's an option, touching the screen does nothing for me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Do the picross games on switch even have touch controls? Unless there's an option, touching the screen does nothing for me.

I dont think they do on the switch, but I literally wouldnt even know.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

PicrossS and S2 have no touch support.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The theme thing is weird because the Switch already DOES have a theme selection in the menu, just limited to dark and light themes.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
it’s a teaser for the upcoming Metroid Prime 2 port

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Light and Dark themes take less than a kilobyte to implement, just adjusting some hex values. Music and image files are way more ram-heavy and therefore would impinge on SwitchOS's extreme speed.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
I'm looking at getting my son a game for his 5th birthday. At the moment he mainly plays Mario Party with his sis (7.5 years old), and is very at home with that game, but sometimes under my supervision he plays a bit of my Stardew Valley save or Mario Odyssey. He knows his way around a Switch controller but isn't that skilled yet and probably wouldn't make much progress on the likes of Odyssey on his own. Probably not too relevant, but he also likes watching me play certain PC games like Planet Coaster and we sometimes play kiddie adventure games like Freddi Fish and Pajama Sam.

Anyway, my too initial thoughts were Paw Patrol and Yoshi's Crafted World, but Ive got doubts about the former because frankly it sounds pretty budget with its repetitive levels, lack of voice acting, no representation of the cartoon's theme tune - plus if anything it sounds like it might be too easy. He's 5 so it doesn't have to be a masterpiece of design, but if the presentation of the cartoon elements is weak and the game's too easy that's not a great sign.

I got excited reading about the Yoshi game - it's his favourite Nintendo character and unsurprisingly it sounds much better designed than Paw Patrol. Another plus is the co-op mode, given his older sister would be wanting to play too. But I've read in numerous places that the co-op mode is terribly frustrating due to it being way to easy to accidentally jump on each other's backs or eat each other and thus deprive each other of eggs, plus the screen apparently doesn't account for two players very well.

So, I was wondering if anyone had any other game recommendations or thoughts on these two and whether co-op in Yoshi is as bad as all that. Also I assume co-op mode applies to the main quest and one can switch between co-op and single player as and when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

PicrossS and S2 have no touch support.

This blew my mind coming from the 3DS. Such a weird omission.