Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

bought a $120 trackball and a $40 liftkit for my kinesis freestyle edge because gently caress rsi

did you get one of those crazy L-trac behemoths?

i think long term im really gonna have to try some alternative mice (probably vertical mouse, maybe trackballs) but im hopelessly addicted to the fancy scrollwheel on my mx master. i don't know why the gently caress logitech doesn't put that in their own vertical mouse or trackball. *switches to freespin and scrolls past a billion of ur lovely posts*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer
Take apart an old USB mouse
Fit a bicycle wheel to your desk
Rig the scroll encoder to the wheel

I have done this

Will do it again I think
Or maybe I'll attach it to the bowling ball trackball I'm building

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

that but rig the pedals to the scroll wheel

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

use trackpads as god intended

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

dick traceroute posted:

Take apart an old USB mouse
Fit a bicycle wheel to your desk
Rig the scroll encoder to the wheel

I have done this

Will do it again I think
Or maybe I'll attach it to the bowling ball trackball I'm building

lmao post pics

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

SO DEMANDING posted:

did you get one of those crazy L-trac behemoths?

i think long term im really gonna have to try some alternative mice (probably vertical mouse, maybe trackballs) but im hopelessly addicted to the fancy scrollwheel on my mx master. i don't know why the gently caress logitech doesn't put that in their own vertical mouse or trackball. *switches to freespin and scrolls past a billion of ur lovely posts*

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01936N73I/

also lol the lift kit _requires_ me to use the palm rests. lame. I deliberately stopped using palm rests to train myself to hold my wrists properly.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Cold on a Cob posted:

also lol the lift kit _requires_ me to use the palm rests. lame. I deliberately stopped using palm rests to train myself to hold my wrists properly.

commercial ergonomic solutions are so quarter-assed it's astounding

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

i have the wired version of this and it owns

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
lift kit installed, seems solid enough and feels much better than flat

hopefully this will do me for now. i tried kinesis advantage twice and it just felt too cramped. i didn't really have a problem adapting to using my thumbs with it but my pain is due to tendinitis not cts so i just need to keep training myself to go easy with my left pinky and not press left ctrl key with z/x/c/v anymore

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i still use one of these when my wrist acts up a bit, it's good and the trackball is about the size of a normal billiard ball

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SO DEMANDING posted:

lmao post pics

Oh don't worry I will

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

dick traceroute posted:

Oh don't worry I will
i dont work in an office these days but if i did i would totally set this up and start using it one day as if it was completely normal

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i dont work in an office these days but if i did i would totally set this up and start using it one day as if it was completely normal
It's absolutely going to be on my work desk
Arcade buttons and bowling ball are here
Oh, and it's going to be wireless

Portability is important

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

rotor posted:

i still use one of these when my wrist acts up a bit, it's good and the trackball is about the size of a normal billiard ball

is this the one with that weird ball pinching design

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

Shits and giggles searched the forums, and you are the only person to have uttered those words here.
I bought one recently, using it now. It is good.
edit:

how does it do with multiple monitors? do you sacrifice sensitivity on the x-axis or do you end up moving the bar back and forth a lot?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Schadenboner posted:

Is there a good PC trackpad?

no

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I wish there was a media keyboard with a Windows precision touchpad but even Microsoft's own media keyboard uses some trash driver

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

duckfarts posted:

is this the one with that weird ball pinching design

uhh no you use it with your hands

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hey just checking in to say I love my kinesis freestyle edge and freestyle 2 and griffin powermate that is all see you next week

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Silver Alicorn posted:

hey just checking in to say I love my kinesis freestyle edge and freestyle 2 and griffin powermate that is all see you next week

we know you love 2 edge

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
its the only way I can feel satisfaction since my prostate stopped working

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
West side story but its advantage users and edge users clicking their cherry caps at each other.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Someone here said the Logitech MX Ergo trackball mouse was good, is the little “1 2” button below the scroll wheel the way you toggle between different saved Bluetooth connections or is that handled differently?

E: this

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Schadenboner posted:

Someone here said the Logitech MX Ergo trackball mouse was good, is the little “1 2” button below the scroll wheel the way you toggle between different saved Bluetooth connections or is that handled differently?

if it’s like my mouse it’s the toggle between smooth and clicky scroll wheel

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Roosevelt posted:

if it’s like my mouse it’s the toggle between smooth and clicky scroll wheel

On the Logitech I have at work it’s like that too so I’m hoping it’s not the profile switch because that would be annoying as fuuuuck.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you could check the Logitech site to see what it does. Logitech profile switches are usually on the bottom if the mouse supports them.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Agrikk posted:

We are having a service impacting event right now so there’s about a thousand support personnel on a bridge waiting for details and updates.

But there’s some loving rear end in a top hat with his/her mechanical keyboard typing the great American novel next to their cell phone’s microphone and won’t loving mute their line.

My apologies to all of you who swear by your keyboard, but drat you all who decide to use these keyboards where other people have to listen to your poo poo.

Ok, which one of you assholes is this?

:mad:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Maybe if your conferencing software wasn't a total piece of poo poo you could just mute them ez one and done. Loser.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
that’s the sound of poo poo getting done

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Schadenboner posted:

Ok, which one of you assholes is this?

:mad:

lmao there's a guy at work in another office that has a super loud blue clicky keyboard and gets away with it as he has his own office but is the scourge of conference calls everywhere

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lmao there's a guy at work in another office that has a super loud blue clicky keyboard and gets away with it as he has his own office but is the scourge of conference calls everywhere

Not all heros wear capes

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah that's what it does more or less, you can toggle between different machines, might need the usb receiver for each one though. I don't use the feature but I'm very happy with the ergo.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Schadenboner posted:

thumb balls wrong balls smdh

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol I got called out in a four-person call for mine, like sorry these notes aren’t gonna take themselves

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

GuyonthecoucH posted:

Yeah that's what it does more or less, you can toggle between different machines, might need the usb receiver for each one though. I don't use the feature but I'm very happy with the ergo.

This seems like an absurdly prominent placement of something that belong on the utility surface onto the use surface, though?

If it isn’t going to be used as part of the operation of the device (that is, acting as a HID to control the cursor) then it should be a switch on the underside.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
i don’t need big ui telling me how to live my life!

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

This seems like an absurdly prominent placement of something that belong on the utility surface onto the use surface, though?

If it isn’t going to be used as part of the operation of the device (that is, acting as a HID to control the cursor) then it should be a switch on the underside.

If you rapidly want to swap from computer to computer it's probably great where it is, that said I don't use the feature

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

...why???

https://twitter.com/chyrosran22/status/1122570434602569728

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

why not

Adbot