Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Happy to see this LP wind up in a few months. Reminder Grey you also owe us a WiF LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

V for Vegas posted:

Happy to see this LP wind up in a few months. Reminder Grey you also owe us a WiF LP!

Sinks deeper into bath tub. Presses button. Tokyo Bay Fortresses out of thread.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Maybe go on the offensive? Attempt to do some island-hopping.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I'll come clean, I'm the groggy grogarse who wants to see Grey take this to the bitter end so no-one else has to. Because gently caress, so much invested just to say "and as we can see, the rest'd just go like XYZ so what's the point in playing further?".

I want to see the US get its nuke-capable squadrons shot down then have no way to drop nukes and attempt a US Marine invasion of the home islands, as grind-y and boring as I know that'd be. Just to see how the maths works.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The problem is the ai won't launch that invasion.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Grey Hunter posted:

The problem is the ai won't launch that invasion.

How do you know until you get there?

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Grey, you're already going through a lot of bs in this game, I'm all for ending things in August, because this will give you more time to play games that actually work.
Masochists can take over the save from there and play it out to the bitter and boring end.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

simplefish posted:

How do you know until you get there?

Because the AI would have to activate the "invade Japan" script which first requires the "invade Iwo Jima" script to have been completed which first requires the "secure the Marianas" script to have been completed which first requires the "secure the Marshall Islands" script to have been completed which first requires the "invade Guadalcanal" script to be completed which the AI has been failing to do for 4 years. It's broken and even if it magically unbroke tomorrow it would never get to where it can launch a Home Islands invasion before we hit the end of the game.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

SavageGentleman posted:

Grey, you're already going through a lot of bs in this game, I'm all for ending things in August, because this will give you more time to play games that actually work.
Masochists can take over the save from there and play it out to the bitter and boring end.

I'm down for something like this. GH you've done the Emperor a great service and are emblematic of the Bushido spirit of the Japanese people. It will be alright to step away and turn command over to others, so you may begin a retirement from the war you have so effectively waged.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
I want to see Grey sail into the harbor at San Diego.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Yeah ultimately I want to see some insane invasion of the United States/shore bombardment of the coast

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
West Coast of the US is more or less unapproachable. Might be able to nail some towns in Alaska though.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
perl horber 2: 1945 edition pls

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

pthighs posted:

Literally lol if you don't have a circular slide rule sitting on your computer desk.

Don't doxx me bro. My first engineering job out of college required me to use a circular slide rule before they allowed a digital calculator. Circa 2006.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Yooper posted:

Don't doxx me bro. My first engineering job out of college required me to use a circular slide rule before they allowed a digital calculator. Circa 2006.

Edmund Scientific!!!! I haven't thought about them since they went out of business!

:hf: fellow South Jersey goon

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wait what? I didn't know edmund scientific went under, awww

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Obviously the solution is to have all those troop transports that the Allies have lost be made into a giant artifiical reef to let them base out of. The game engine lets this work right? I mean, it probably lets you work in the giant fake glacier that Churchill wanted to use as an aircraft carrier..

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The other task force visits Buna today.

Something happens, and in my excitement, I accidentally skip the report screen.

It seems we did fairly well in that one dogfight!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Is it possible to load the game as the USA and see what the hell their navy is doing?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Gort posted:

Is it possible to load the game as the USA and see what the hell their navy is doing?

As far as I remember this came up before and the AI can just warp around units to where they are needed, so looking at where they are might not have much relevance to where they are next

DarkParchment
Sep 23, 2016

A new power is rising! Its victory is at hand! This night, the land will be stained with the blood of Rohan!

DesperateDan posted:

As far as I remember this came up before and the AI can just warp around units to where they are needed, so looking at where they are might not have much relevance to where they are next

This is 100% true, as I experimented with the game I noticed the AI has the tendency of doing this, may it be teleporting a BB task force fromPearl Harbor to the base you are currently invading with an amphibious task force, to magically warp damaged ships to safety (even to the off map hexes).

Bastards did that with the Prince of Wales in the very first turn, after I hit it with 4 torpedoes. The next turn, it was safely in the UK, getting repairs.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Grey Hunter posted:

There are so many other insane things I could be LPing rather than hitting end turn on a broken game.

Like trying to do a Dominions 5 LP! Now that's something more insane than a 5 year LP....

The game is honestly secondary to the skill and dedication to doing a daily update (twice!). You’ve gone this far. See it through

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Oh hey the Hyuga has the carrier upgrade! Didn't notice that.

Do you bother keeping planes on it Grey?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The supply ships are at Guadalcanal. They come under some ineffective air attacks.

Urgh, sod these quiet days, I'm going to have another go at shifting those tanks from Truk – they have had another few months of no supplies and constant bombardment.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Zeroisanumber posted:

West Coast of the US is more or less unapproachable. Might be able to nail some towns in Alaska though.

Is it really, though? I feel like the AI probably has penny packets of ships across the entire theater and while getting within range of land based aircraft would be hell, they're probably still flying unupgraded poo poo because the AI in this game is dumber than my dog would be playing this game.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

27 April 1945

Two more ships are crippled off Okinawa: destroyer USS Hutchings by a suicide explosive motor boat and fast transport USS Rathburne by a suicide aircraft. Frigate HMS Redmill loses her stern to a homing torpedo from U-1105 off the southern Irish coast.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
Where would the German uboats be based after the fall of France? Norway?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Germany

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

Is it really, though? I feel like the AI probably has penny packets of ships across the entire theater and while getting within range of land based aircraft would be hell, they're probably still flying unupgraded poo poo because the AI in this game is dumber than my dog would be playing this game.

Probably upwards of 1000 planes in range of any point on the US West Coast. Even completely garbage planes are deadly in those numbers.

The TIE Fighter principle.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Invade Dillingham, cause a nationwide salmon shortage.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

And Norway. Trondheim and Bergen were active bases to the end of the war. Wilhelmshaven and Kiel were not.

Ikonoklast fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 28, 2019

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

WITE is wrapping up, so I'm taking votes on what to play next in my video lp slot!

https://forms.gle/cYbVk2jpqT2HbdKd6

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Zeroisanumber posted:

Probably upwards of 1000 planes in range of any point on the US West Coast. Even completely garbage planes are deadly in those numbers.

The TIE Fighter principle.

Couldn't he deploy the fleet to cut the supply lines between the islands and the west coast?

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Grey Hunter posted:

WITE is wrapping up, so I'm taking votes on what to play next in my video lp slot!

https://forms.gle/cYbVk2jpqT2HbdKd6

It would be totally unethical to vote for a game you're note interested in so that it gets played as a video LP, that you don't watch, instead of a screenshot AAR, which you will read. :coal:

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009

Mukaikubo posted:

It would be totally unethical to vote for a game you're not interested in so that it gets played as a video LP, that you don't watch, instead of a screenshot AAR, which you will read. :coal:

I may or may not have done this.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Comstar posted:

Couldn't he deploy the fleet to cut the supply lines between the islands and the west coast?
Who controls Midway in Grey's timeline?

The Battle around Rabaul is at a stalemate, I suggest training the finest IJA troops to invade Midway / Hawaii and then sending them on August 30th.

Also after August 15th just drop the garrison around Chungking and see what the AI does.

The game is broken at this point, let's have fun.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Grey, do an Ireland run of EUIV where you conquer the UK.

Thanks.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

Grey, do an Ireland Hibernia run of Pax Imperial where you conquer the UK Britannia.

Thanks.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Mooseontheloose posted:

Grey, do an Ireland Hibernia Brittania run of Pax Imperial where you conquer sink the UK Britannia.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I need to find where these guys are based.

Another dogfight over Rabaul.

Combat engine continues to work.

No more attacks there then.