Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win?
Yotsuba
Yotsuba
Miku
Miku
Yotsuba
View Results

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I just fell that Itsuki's relationship with Fuutaro is the most natural and (non-Romanticly) well developed. The two are already close friends/confidants and I feel like they just have the most chemistry.

Also even though she hasn't had any real major arcs till now, she's pretty much always been there.

That sounds far more like Yotsuba's relationship with Fuutarou, rather than Eatsuki's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Itsuki is getting one now. :shrug:

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Finally caught up to the manga after watching the anime. Really enjoying the series.

Love: Nino, Istuki
Hate: Ichika
Doormat: Miku
Too Pure for this sinful Earth: Yotsuba

How can you not love Ichika at this point? :allears:

She's the second last one I expected to go all yandere on us, other than Yotsuba.

HiveCommander posted:

That sounds far more like Yotsuba's relationship with Fuutarou, rather than Eatsuki's

fuutarou shout hook up with yotsuba. eatsuki can console herself with the cake. :colbert:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I would be incredibly interesting if things played out like normal human relationships and he dated at least one of the girls before settling down with another.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Miku is going to leave to "study abroad," after which Fuutarou will begin dating Itsuki. There will be a time skip to their married future, at which point it will be revealed that Miku actually killed the real Itsuki and has been impersonating her all this time. This will be revealed in a post-credits scene; Fuutarou will never find out.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Ah, a happy ending.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

poo poo is about to go down. :ohdear:

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 5, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Something tells me that the bloodbath will start next week.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Poor Miku.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i can't believe miku's about to murder ichika

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Yotsuba is such a ridiculously nice girl she should be the one who wins by virtue of not trying anything.

Man, it's kinda sad to be so close to the end. I hope whatever the mangaka does next is as good.

The only other manga I've seen them work on was absurdly bad, but they were an artist on that so the writing being awful isn't really their fault.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I generally don't like these "four girls chasing one guy" setups but I have to say this manga is probably the best it's ever been lately.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Questions for the manga readers:
  • On average, how many chapters did the anime cover?
  • Did the anime skip on anything important?
  • What is your favorite Sengoku Warlord?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wark Say posted:

- I don't remember off the top of my head which chapter number the anime ended off on, but it only covered about a quarter of the manga at best.
- I don't think it skips anything major, but it stops just shy of some huuuuuuge developments (and more Yotsuba chapters :negative: )
- Uh, I dunno, Nobunaga I guess? Or whichever clan in Shogun 2 had all the spear infantry, cause they were fun to play in Total War.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Wark Say posted:

• It ended right at Chapter 32.

• It didn't skip over anything important that I remember, but I would still read from the beginning. The manga is just generally better, especially the art.

• Definitely Nobunaga. His Yari Ashigaru and Long Yari are overpowered af.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 7, 2019

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Toyotomi Hideyoshi owns; actually finished what Oda started and was behind some of the cooler stories in Japanese history, like the Sunomata castle.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
81 raw:

hahaha Ichika is stone cold, I absolutely love it. :allears:

I seriously love how by this point all of the girls now have very good reasons for someone to think they're the best. It's like this manga was made for me. :allears:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Wark Say posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTkLA-5j0AA

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
it's translated now.

nino is too good for this world.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

YOTSUBAAAAAAAAAAAA :negative:

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 11, 2019

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

:allears: Oh Eatsuki never change.

Its nice not having a moron as a protagonist. Of course Fuutarou knew that Miku likes him, and that the other Miku was a fake.

I'm looking forward to see how the author tries to redeem Ichika because like drat she needs some heavy redeeming.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 11, 2019

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I dunno, Ichika's popularity in Japan has [i]skyrocketed[/s] since this most recent arc.

All quints are best girl.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Actually only one of the quints is Yotsuba. The other four are named Miku, Nino, Ichika and the other one.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

The battle continues...

https://mangadex.org/chapter/591316

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Nino just continues to be the absolute best.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nino is just out of fucks to give, isn't she?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
How can Nino not be best girl?

Yotsuba is wonderful and I love how underhanded Nino got, but c'mon.

Just go harem ending!!!

Though I remember hearing Negi said he wasn't a fan of that, once.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nino best support, helping to esuna your poison from snekbites.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I used to be on Team Ichika, but, uhh ...

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mirage posted:

I used to be on Team Ichika, but, uhh ...

God dammit Ichika.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Man Fuutarou is such a great protagonist. It's really nice to have an mc who doesn't take any bullshit. Watching him tear down and expose Ichika's lies was incredibly satisfying.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Honestly this is why I love Ichika.

I absolutely did not expect her character to develop this way and it is fantastic. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, Ichika! :stare:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Ichika: A lying liar who lies
Nino: LOVE EXPRESS TOOT TOOT!
Miku: Dishrag
Yotsuba: Just the drat best
Itsuki: Mmmm pie. Oh and also I guess I like Fuutarou, sure

Ichika's on her way down the semi-yandere route that I halfway expected Nino to follow. Which is a bit weird, since she always seemed to be the level-headed one.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm glad that everyone is coming to see the light of Yotsuba.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm glad that everyone is coming to see the light of Yotsuba.

She did flash everyone this chapter.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mirage posted:

Ichika: A lying liar who lies
Nino: LOVE EXPRESS TOOT TOOT!
Miku: Dishrag
Yotsuba: Just the drat best
Itsuki: Mmmm pie. Oh and also I guess I like Fuutarou, sure

Ichika's on her way down the semi-yandere route that I halfway expected Nino to follow. Which is a bit weird, since she always seemed to be the level-headed one.

I'm sad that there's only going to be like, 6 more chapters or so, from the way it looks, because Ichika has become fantastic.

Eatsuki suddenly really, really being into Fuutarou is weird, though. Like, even Nino (I think it was?) was like "wait, you care about this too?" :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

UchihaHirou posted:

She did flash everyone this chapter.

Only one person doesn't technically see the same thing every day.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://mantan-web.jp/article/20190425dog00m200067000c.html

So in some weird twist of fate, Quints is getting an official crossover with Attack on Titan. Is Eatski secretly a shifter? Is that why she’s always hungry?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Can't wait to see Eatsuki take down a titan in a burg-eating contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I foresee a potato eating contest that ends poorly for society in general, suddenly deprived of their calorie reserves by two young women.