Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Varys and Tyrion used to completely own bones and then all of the sudden they became a couple of irrelevant turds. That sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Not even counting how Varys has a spare Targ (well he says he's Elia's baby son) that he has had raised up as a hidden prince/spare to the throne but the kid is dumb as poo poo.

Book Cercei also has this fun part where she is drinking way too much and gets fatter and blames her servantwomen for shrinking her clothes.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Book Cersei: "Hello Taena Merryweather, do you spy on me for Marge?"

Taena: "Yep."

Book Cersei: "Ok but will you be my friend and not do that?"

Taena: "Sure."

Book Cersei: "OK cool, here's all of my secret dumbass plans and also I want to experiment with you."

Taena: "Thanks."

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Please don't forget how drunk she is on top of being an idiot. She was a super gorgeous woman who didn't take anything but her own feminine wiles seriously. Even her kids are just an extension of her own self loves.

She completely rules.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The show did some things better (Arya and Tywin at Harrenhall, Cersei and Robert marital talks, Hardholm) and the books did some things better (Stannis, Ninja Arya, Sand Snakes/Dorne plotline).

One of my favorite Book 4 things is Cersei making Aurane Waters her Lord Admiral - all because he was young and good looking and she wanted to bang him. When poo poo hit the fan with the Sparrows, he promptly hosed off to the narrow sea with her newly built fleet and became a pirate lol.

Between this and her getting fat off of overdrinking, does anyone ever tell her (before she executes them) that she and Robert Baratheon were the loving same?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Anyone who knew Robert with that level of clarity is dead and it's a connection for the reader to lol at

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Glenn Quebec posted:

Anyone who knew Robert with that level of clarity is dead and it's a connection for the reader to lol at

It's pretty overt that she's trying to be her father. She laments several times not being born a man, and that people feel like they can question her because she doesn't have a cock. She's right to an extent, but in her quest to become Tywin she winds up more like Robert - banging girls and all.

The book scenes with Kevan laying sick rear end burns on her and Jamie are money. (Another character way better in the books)

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I met GRRM once and he told me he was going to eat me and write about it. I ran away as fast as my little legs would take me. That's why I don't go to book signings anymore.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Arya jams a knife into the night King's mouth and says "Is this a sandwich?"

To which Bran replies "who says there are sandwiches?"

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Dragonglass is a sandwich.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

everyone on game of thrones has more money than i do

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Bram warged into the American public ca. 2016

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

FuhrerHat posted:

everyone on game of thrones has more money than i do

Why is Sam still fat is the only valid question ever asked on the show

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Dany your boyfriend woof

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ethanol posted:

Why is Sam still fat is the only valid question ever asked on the show

Why is Gilly bigger than Sam now?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

been watching some old episodes and i forgot all about the scene where jaime and cersei have sex on top of one of their dead incest children :rip:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Waltzing Along posted:

this is the only plotline that i give a poo poo about

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Cause she made another baby with Sam is my guess.

No seriously Cercei in the books is loving hilarious. She seriously thinks Tyrion is behind everything, up to and including the attack on her daughter, and when she does her walk of shame, unlike the show, she's described with all the flaws of having multiple kids and drinking nonstop would do to you, flabby skin and all.

Robert actually tried to be a father to one of his bastards and wanted to take her to court, and Cercei pretty much said she'd kill the girl. So yeah book Robert was kinda cool. I mean he was still a lech but still. He does have a bastard from boinking Stannis' wife's cousin....on their wedding night in the honeymoon suite. And that kid gets a present from him every year, but it's Varys who sends it, and Robert finds it hilarious.

Also kudos to the Red Wedding because Robb does NOT bring his new wife to the party, and even Cat thinks how lovely the band is (because they're not musicians). Also she doesn't kill Frey's new wife (though that was better in the show. I'll find another.) but his halfwit grandson. Cat does have this internal panic when she realizes her throat is being slit because she doesn't want her hair cut, Ned loves her long hair but she's pretty dead by then.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Necros posted:

been watching some old episodes and i forgot all about the scene where jaime and cersei have sex on top of one of their dead incest children :rip:

Oops, we wrote a scene where the character in the middle of his redemption arc rapes his sister. Our bad!

This year, D&D are writers on their own Star Wars trilogy.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

One of the silliest changes from the book was them changing the name of Theon's sister from Asha to Yara because they assumed the audience would be too dumb to be able to tell the difference between "Asha" and Osha the wildling.

Yara is the name of the world's largest producer of fertilizer, maybe they're trying to tell us something

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dave Concepcion posted:

Yara is the name of the world's largest producer of fertilizer, maybe they're trying to tell us something

one of the big fertilizer companies in my area is called Frey brothers.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The show ends with Sam discovering propane and propane is what brings them out of the dark ages and the whole point was imagining life before propane

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
And by propane I mean fertilizer I think I had a stroke

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

And by propane I mean fertilizer I think I had a stroke

drat I was hoping you were going to work this into a Hank Hill thing.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

As Nero Danced posted:

drat I was hoping you were going to work this into a Hank Hill thing.

Hank hill first of his name, giver of propane and propane accessories, protector of Arlen, knight of house Strickland

BlackStar
Aug 21, 2004

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh, there's going to be a point in the battle where the ice dragon and regular dragon shoot two different colors of flame at each other and the regular dragon has to flame harder than the other one like the end of harry potter

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
And I see your dragonflame is as big as mine!

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I like the part in the books where theon and asha have like three or four uncles, and you can tell it's just because grrm learned the word "nuncle" before writing that one

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQVEAPjKae4

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Highlight of this thread, LMFAO

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

PostNouveau posted:

Oh, there's going to be a point in the battle where the ice dragon and regular dragon shoot two different colors of flame at each other and the regular dragon has to flame harder than the other one like the end of harry potter

No he starts losing and then the second dragon joins in

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Colonel Cancer posted:

Everyone on the ground looks up when the second one comes in, and they all start cheering as their flame becomes a larger percentage of the overall flame conflagration.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Jon you must take my dragon and fly to north pole to destroy NKs horcrux before he kills everyone!!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iUmbRfL5X0

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Clark Nova posted:

I like the part in the books where theon and asha have like three or four uncles, and you can tell it's just because grrm learned the word "nuncle" before writing that one

There's the nutty religious uncle, the uncle who raped his brothers when they were kids, and the big dumb brute muscle brother who at once point thinks his niece wants to be his wife, and then even he's all Uhhhno.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Re: Dragons you know it's gonna be stupid as poo poo. Dany on Dragon 1 is shooting flame at Dragon 2 (NK's dragon) and they're locked in a battle of wills about who is flaming harder then Jon Snow on Dragon 3 flies up and also joins the battle and just as they are about to win the Epic Flame Battle, a scorpion bolt is fired and hits Jon Snow's Dragon (Dragon 3). While the undead are slicing up the Golden Company, Jon Snow et al are recuperating and attempting to retreat. That guldern Cersei!

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
I liked how the show took one look at the fractal poo poo GRRM was pulling with the Iron Islands politics and was like, yeah no. Just went at book 4 with a chainsaw.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

jokes posted:

Re: Dragons you know it's gonna be stupid as poo poo. Dany on Dragon 1 is shooting flame at Dragon 2 (NK's dragon) and they're locked in a battle of wills about who is flaming harder then Jon Snow on Dragon 3 flies up and also joins the battle and just as they are about to win the Epic Flame Battle, a scorpion bolt is fired and hits Jon Snow's Dragon (Dragon 3). While the undead are slicing up the Golden Company, Jon Snow et al are recuperating and attempting to retreat. That guldern Cersei!

So dany is gohan. Night king is cell. And jon snow is goku? Does this mean jon snow is gonna die again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

jokes posted:

I hope a dead dragon falls from the sky and crushes everysomebody.