Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Not if you're playing with the joycons attached in handheld mode. If you are you can use the stick move the camera and completely avoid motion controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Geostomp posted:

I just want an evil team to have their grand plan explicitly not involve the Legendaries again. Say, they are building a doomsday machine or army and only intersect with the Legendary to get it out of the way.

Make Team Skull the true villain and make their ultimate plan culminate in them stealing a stop sign and laughing at the chaos that lasts all of five seconds before they get arrested by the police

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Zore posted:

Not if you're playing with the joycons attached in handheld mode. If you are you can use the stick move the camera and completely avoid motion controls

Holy poo poo. Guess I'm going to get around to beating it now. Thanks much! :)

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
has there been a Pokemon Liberation Movement yet?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Farecoal posted:

has there been a Pokemon Liberation Movement yet?

Gen 5

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that’s the plot of gen 5

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Neat! I'm almost done with Platinum and will be moving on to HeartGold soon. Gen 5 sounds fun

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gen V is the best sendoff the sprite-based games could've asked for

It's a pity the same can't be said for USM being the last handheld title

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
USUM are great and wonderful though

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

less laughter posted:

I think he might be referring to it retconning some of the most impactful emotional moments. I still think they are, indeed, great and wonderful.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

less laughter posted:

If SM didn't exist, probably

Should've found some way to merge the two, and have Ultra Necrozma show up FAR earlier than it did and the Ultra Recon Squad is about as effective as Team Flare in terms of story presence

It's the butchering of Lillie and Lusamine that sour USM for me, but hey, at least Malasada became a little more of a character, so...ehhhh?

Still better than Super Mystery Dungeon and its twelve-hour tutorial

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Want proof? :proof:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

yeah I kinda do want proof

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm glad those aren't real because they're all trash

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Aren't Ultra Sun / Moon just enhanced editions? Did they actually change the story?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Farecoal posted:

Aren't Ultra Sun / Moon just enhanced editions? Did they actually change the story?

it's mostly the same with a handful of changes to make the story and aesthetic worse, plus an all-new (and not very good) postgame episode in the style of delta episode in or/as

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm glad those aren't real because they're all trash

I don't mind the water one but it's literally just Greninja 2.0.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the postgame episode is cute

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Farecoal posted:

They do change the story around the Ultra Beasts and Lusamine. Instead of being psycho-obsessed with Nihilego, she's psycho-obsessed with the idea that she's the ONLY one who can solve the big problem posed by Necrozma and that you kids should just sit back and do as she says.

Also, one of the Elite 4 members is swapped out for someone else.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Pentaro posted:

Those are all just the starters but more so. Don't a lot of the more recent starters have some kinda theme that only becomes apparent when you see their evolutions?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

dang those leaks are crazy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

water, fire/electric, grass/normal ??

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pentaro posted:

These are all ugly, but that Grookey-gorilla may take the cake for ugliest starter ever.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Geostomp posted:

These are all ugly, but that Grookey-gorilla may take the cake for ugliest starter ever.

it's still better than chesnaught

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That gorilla owns

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Aw drat they've got the CONFIDENTIAL stamp, they must be real!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

lmao at swampert with kecleon's tail

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

They still look too "cleaned up" to be for references.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oddium posted:

spirit fusion is coming to pokémon yatta

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

one of the biggest tests is if the japanese on the page is actually worth a poo poo, so does anyone have insight on that?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pentaro posted:

I saw this poo poo a month ago. Still fake as gently caress.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Pentaro posted:

the rabbit looks like a digimon

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Ultra Recon Squad are like the only enjoyable story adjacent things I can remember. I finished the game two weeks ago.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I like the rabbit, but that could just be because I really want a fire/electric type.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Scorbunny seems to be the one where most fakes agree on the basic concept, they all look fairly similar.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

d3lness posted:

Don't you still have to aim by moving the console around like a camera?

They really need to just make a Pokemon Snap sequel already.

Feb 2, 2005
The theming is weak as hell on those fake evolutions.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

YaketySass posted:

Scorbunny seems to be the one where most fakes agree on the basic concept, they all look fairly similar.

I know it's not gonna happen but it would be so funny if Scorbunny's third evolution was quadrupedal.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Gripweed posted:

I know it's not gonna happen but it would be so funny if Scorbunny's third evolution was quadrupedal.

It worked to ruin the oshawott line, so why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Actually in retrospect, Ultra Recon Squad kinda is bad because literally every other character seems unimportant when their theme isn't this