Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Chakan posted:

Fighting 4 or less isn’t terrible, but I had to fight 6 once and that took forever and almost killed like 3 of my guys. I don’t know how you kill more than that without pre-planned dogs and such.

Having preplanned dogs is the whole point. At a minimum I give everyone on my backline (usually 5 men) a dog; sometimes I even give frontliners a dog if I don't think they need a resolve trinket; and then the dog just stays there permanently. Alp fights are capped at 12 alps. That way even though they take forever your men are never actually in any serious danger because the dogs can usually kill the nightmares as they spawn. I would never fight Alps unless I had dogs - in the early game when I can't afford to buy them I just don't wander around at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Release date: May 9.

TheBeardyCleaver
Jan 9, 2019

Nordick posted:

DLC releases in three weeks :toot:

http://battlebrothersgame.com/release-date-announcement-2/

Price is an exceedingly reasonable 9 bux

:toot:

Now the dilemma is what to play first. Probably Northern Raiders :black101:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

solo guy and get loving demolished over and over

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I am definitely going for Knight Mode.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I will sacrifice everyone to Davkul.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Dev Blog #123: Tools of Death

Bardiches, Staff Slings, Scimitars, Heavy Javelins & Heavy Throwing Axes, Warforks, and 3 tile BATTLE WHIPS coming.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
That whip sounds nice for ork beserkers.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Bardiches sound like they're going to make greataxes great again.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I am very excited for a more easily used greataxe.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I already had at least one dedicated Great Axe guy for clearing swarms, but now there's a greataxe that can do one of the best Greatsword moves? That's exciting.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Yeah, getting Split + Split Man on a weapon with potentially excellent armor damage looks phenomenal. Losing Swing hurts a little bit, but Split was definitely the better move.

Guess we should wait to see the exact stats and stamina costs before we blow our loads, but that potential looks great.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
they need to Buff flagellants to give a bonus to battle whips. Can't wait to build my Dominatrix Bro. I can see it now; sexy black named leather number; nimble duelist...

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Goddamn cocks did I just have the roughest 30 days yet.

Decent starting bros but Ive only picked up one other okay dude. All the contracts have been to hunt down webknechts or do deliveries so my guys are underlevelled and undergeared because there are absolutely no raiders anywhere.

Its fun don't get me wrong.

Then I found a witch's cabin in the woods. And I entered.

Yeah that is probably a legendary location and I should've known better. (I actually bronzemanned myself there)

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Don't think this one was posted here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeLVe_z3fMM

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
They added new achievements on Steam:

quote:

Voice of Davkul
Have a Prophet while playing as a cult of Davkul

King Of The North
Defeat a Barbarian King

Too Stubborn To Die
Have the Lone Wolf become level 11

Give Me That!
Defeat an enemy champion

Putting Down A God
Defeat the Ijirok

Friend Or Foe
Have an Armored Unhold turn wild

Human Wave
Have a full roster of 25 men when playing as peasant militia

Give Me Back My Legions!
Lose a game to barbarians

Some of those are pretty expected, but I'm incredibly intrigued by Voice of Davkul and Putting Down A God

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I missed the blog post about the Ijirok. Battle Brothers/Pillars of Eternity crossover confirmed?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

vyelkin posted:

They added new achievements on Steam:

Some of those are pretty expected, but I'm incredibly intrigued by Voice of Davkul and Putting Down A God

the ijirok looks super, super cool

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Overhype posted this video of a battle vs a bunch of barbarians. Didn't manage to watch it myself yet, but here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9czW3g8wI4

EDIT:

Dev in the comments posted:

Overhype Studios
2 hours ago
Forgot to mention: Shooting will be 3 AP up from 2, Reloading will be 4 down from 7. This is to make Crossbows work a bit better with the Berserk perk.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 3, 2019

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Well aside from thrown weapons doesn't look like the barbarians use bows or anything so it's a big old melee brawl, which is what this game does best anyway. And unlike fighting undead, wounds and morale actually matter.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Love it that they keep updating this. Hope we eventually get to having our own keeps and poo poo too.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
The only thing I would want at this point is the option to only save on quit instead of every time you leave a settlement. That hangup you get before you can hit the road again, even on a high end rig that I built this year, is my sole performance quibble with the game.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nordick posted:

Overhype posted this video of a battle vs a bunch of barbarians. Didn't manage to watch it myself yet, but here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9czW3g8wI4

EDIT:

Oh, so Man With Crossbow is on the devteam :mad:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Affi posted:

Love it that they keep updating this. Hope we eventually get to having our own keeps and poo poo too.

I think they've said that would be extremely unlikely because of the way the game is programmed. The things they're adding seem like, for the most part, things that add more variety to what's already in the game, like new enemies, new quests, new weapons, new map areas. They don't seem to be adding actual whole new features.

I hope someday we get Battle Brothers 2 that has our own keeps and guys on horses and you can start your own faction and conquer the map like in Mount and Blade and stuff like that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

and mod tools

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
urban/non-wilderness maps would be pretty cool too in BB2

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

urban/non-wilderness maps would be pretty cool too in BB2

And ships!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

vyelkin posted:

And ships!

Man, just imagine the monsters we'd get to fight in the sea.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So are there any recommended mods for this game? I tried the legends one but it’s introducing way too much crap. I do like the idea of having commanders that will lose you the game if they die.

I also am not keen to raise a new band of rejects up from nothing so I liked their way of a tryout showing you the stars along with traits.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Thursday can't come soon enough.

ZearothK posted:

Man, just imagine the monsters we'd get to fight in the sea.

asherah endboss when

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

SplatterCat has a video up of the new xpac, and he takes a look at all the new company origins if you're curious to see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-DzH9KfihQ

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Every single one of the New Company types sounds rad. Except maybe the Merch.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Not super excited about the merchants or the beasthunters but I want to play all the others.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

How good the Woodsmen are is going to depend a lot on how big a reduction to their carrying capacity they get, though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Night10194 posted:

How good the Woodsmen are is going to depend a lot on how big a reduction to their carrying capacity they get, though.

True, always having a scouting report is insanely good though.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Night10194 posted:

Every single one of the New Company types sounds rad. Except maybe the Merch.

Yeah, the renown malus seems pretty drat harsh. I guess it's for people who somehow want to play dark age entrepeneur instead of Battle Brothers?

I am in as the cultists for my first playthrough with the DLC.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, the renown malus seems pretty drat harsh. I guess it's for people who somehow want to play dark age entrepeneur instead of Battle Brothers?

Torn between Lone Wolf and Northern Raiders. Very ready for this to be released.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Kinda angling towards woodsmen or peasant militia myself.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Look forward to lone wolf, hiring another hedge knight and then dying in the event duel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

ZearothK posted:

A renown penalty might not be all bad if it meant you had your first crisis later.