Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Illinois governor crooked, film at 11, also water is wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

1000hp Hellephant crate engine

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Throatwarbler posted:

It's been a while since we've had the srt-10 ram....I would daily a hellephant ram.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Throatwarbler posted:

$30k.

Get those credit cards warmed up gentlemen.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

$30k.

Get those credit cards warmed up gentlemen.

Does that come with the cams wiped out already?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
It also comes with no transmission, just like after you try and launch it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Network42 posted:

It also comes with no transmission, just like after you try and launch it.

Haha ships w the fragments of a shattered rear diff

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would imagine most of those will send power to a ford 9 inch through a powerglide.

teamwork!

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

i own every Bionicle posted:

I see Rogues everywhere. My boss asked me what car he should get for his daughter about about 18 months ago. I recommended something I know about, a 2010 Impreza hatch, he found her a 2012 Rogue instead. The CVT has poo poo the bed and stranded her twice. He reasons that this is not unexpected for a car with 100k on it. She is like 17 or 18 now and hates driving, I’m pretty sure this car is the reason.

I took a trip to a client’s site with a coworker, he drove his Rogue, he proudly proclaimed he had just paid it off. The nav system is useless and the screen is the size of a cigarette pack. It has no room in the back. The interior is made from dimpled Rubbermaid plastic. When we left, he matted it with coolant still ice cold, the engine lazily climbed to 5k and emitted a metallic clatter. The CVT kept it rattling for a good 10 or 15 seconds until we were at highway speed.

You seem them everywhere because it’s the 1st or 2nd best-selling vehicle after the big three’s trucks. And it’s horrible; the CX-5 is better in every single way which just proves how stupid your average American car buyer is.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

So then what should everyone in america be driving, in your opinion?

I have a feeling it's mass transit

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BloodBag posted:

Motorcycles.

Although keep with the american traditions of needing the biggest and most powerful ones, I wanna see soccer moms who dispute the science behind helmets on ZX-14s with 3 kids on the back

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

BloodBag posted:

VW Golfs of some variant, or a comparable car.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the poor credit score special is a Ram for him and Rogue for her

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the poor credit score special is a Ram for him and Rogue for her

The local Dodge dealer here is also an RV dealership, and advertises a Ram and a travel trailer for like $250 BW

The truck is over 96 months, the trailer is over 10-20 years.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

BloodBag posted:

Well yeah, there're more efficient and pleasant ways to move people from place to place than putting an average 1.53 people in each >3000 pound car.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Powershift posted:

The local Dodge dealer here is also an RV dealership, and advertises a Ram and a travel trailer for like $250 BW

The truck is over 96 months, the trailer is over 10-20 years.

Yesss, more like this, straight in to my veins.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BloodBag posted:

1994 Mazda Protegé LX, Tropic Emerald, color code Z1, 5-speed. Sunroof - my preference is no but it's your choice.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

Yesss, more like this, straight in to my veins.

*whispers in a sexy voice*

The local craigslist equivalent, Kijiji, added a section to their vehicle listings specifically for lease/finance takeovers, and it's filled with people who have been making payments for 3 years and still owe more than sticker.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/2018-ram-1500/1430002891?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$48,500 still owing on a truck listed brand new for $39,427 https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2019-ram-1500-classic-express/1409033866?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...gationFlag=true

$590/month for 38 months, that's $22,240 lease in payments still remaining on a car that's $23,302 new

The worst, consistently, are VW Golf Rs.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/volkswagen-golf-r-2018-at-dsg-lease-takeover/1430066479?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

104 bi-weekly payments of $344.55, and a $22,277.85 buyout and $35,833 in payments for a grand total of $58,111 and only 64,000kms allowed per year under the lease. There are no options offered to get the Golf R DSG up over $45,707.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Powershift posted:

The worst, consistently, are VW Golf Rs.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/volkswagen-golf-r-2018-at-dsg-lease-takeover/1430066479?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

104 bi-weekly payments of $344.55, and a $22,277.85 buyout and $35,833 in payments for a grand total of $58,111 and only 64,000kms allowed per year under the lease. There are no options offered to get the Golf R DSG up over $45,707.

Yeah that's the stuff.

Funny enough, I immediately thought "Golf R" as well. I gave up trying to pick one up used when I realized the vein diagram of "Golf R sellers" and "Golf R owners underwater looking to get more than the car is worth" was a perfect circle.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I was thinking $344 a month didn't seem like a terrible price to lease a new Golf R but then the 'biweekly' part sunk in

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Powershift posted:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...gationFlag=true

$590/month for 38 months, that's $22,240 lease in payments still remaining on a car that's $23,302 new

Yeah but it has "a review camera that predicts where your parking."

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

opengl128 posted:

Yeah but it has "a review camera that predicts where your parking."

The bankruptcy law firms parking lot, oh yeah!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

BloodBag posted:

If we're going full fantasyland, then 300 HP minimum RWD sport coupes on meticulously maintained roads with the speed limit raised by 20 mph across the board.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

If we're going full fantasyland, then 300 HP minimum RWD sport coupes on meticulously maintained roads with the speed limit raised by 20 mph across the board.

This, but to drive on any road you need to earn all of the Gran Turismo 2 licenses...on real tracks. You also get tohave to retake the hardest test of each license every 5 years.

https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/GT2_Licenses

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Miata Is Always The Answer.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
And if you absolutely need a pickup, here's your Mazda Bongo.

Enjoy, citizen.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Nidhg00670000 posted:

And if you absolutely need a pickup, here's your Mazda REPU.

Enjoy, citizen.

I see you left a typo in your answer.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
GM Hit With Class-Action Lawsuit Over Alleged 8-Speed Transmission Defect

quote:

General Motors faces a new class-action lawsuit after owners claimed the automaker’s 8-speed automatic transmission houses a major defect. Per the information posted to Classaction.org, drivers have experienced violent shakes, jerks, or a “hard shift” when selecting a gear with the automatic transmission.

The information also says 13 technical service bulletins have been filed about 8-speed automatic transmission problems, though none of them have remedied the problem absolutely.

The problem is most common when a driver accelerates of decelerates and the transmission moves to shift a gear. Drivers reported a hesitation, then a shudder or jerk with the gear change. However, it’s not exclusive to gear changes as some owners reported the issue within a single gear. According to the information compiled so far, some drivers said the event has been so violent it felt like another car had hit them.

This affects the transmission in my Silverado. The other day I was sitting at a light with my girlfriend, and the whole truck shook. We both thought we got rear ended but no one else around us reacted at all, including the guy sitting in his car behind me. I pulled over and looked for damage but didn't find anything. I guess it was just the transmission, it has been jerky as poo poo especially at low speeds since I bought it and it only has about 14,000 miles on it.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

This will just lead to more CVT's

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

opengl128 posted:

Every manufacturer should just contract Mazda to build their automatics and Honda to build their manuals.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Previa_fun posted:

Every manufacturer should just contract Mazda to build their automatics and Honda to build their manuals.

Just put a volvo i shift in everything

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

opengl128 posted:

It ought to lead to more EVs.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Everyone knows you can't cheap out on the Automatic Transmission Magic Smoke, or use a cut-rate wizard to install it!

Manual transmission supremacy forever, at least when it breaks it's easier to diagnose and fix.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

PT6A posted:

Everyone knows you can't cheap out on the Automatic Transmission Magic Smoke, or use a cut-rate wizard to install it!

Manual transmission supremacy forever, at least when it breaks it's easier to diagnose and fix.

Auto transmissions are pretty easy to repair actually:

1. replace automatic transmission

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Also automatic transmissions for the most part are pretty reliable? More so than manuals considering how one could easily abuse/badly operate a manual. Like Aisin/Toyota makes millions of them a year and they pretty much all turn out OK.

Like, I've exclusively owned Chrysler FWD transaxles over the lat 15 years, and I've owned every single one from my first the auction A604 LH car to the my current ex-rental ZF 9 speed, which seems like it might be tempting fate, but they've all been fine?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shared PCMs also cut engine torque on shifts to maximize auto transmission life. That onus is on you with a manual.

Throatwarbler posted:

Like, I've exclusively owned Chrysler FWD transaxles over the lat 15 years

So that's why you're so miserable all the time.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Powershift posted:

So that's why you're so miserable all the time.

sometimes the key to happiness is to lower your expectations and be pleasantly surprised when they are exceeded. :unsmith:

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Powershift posted:

Shared PCMs also cut engine torque on shifts to maximize auto transmission life. That onus is on you with a manual.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/gms-no-lift-shift-will-turn-your-mind-jelly-257967

Not always! Imaging getting used to driving with this for 5+ years and then suddenly having to remember to cut throttle when upshifting again.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/gms-no-lift-shift-will-turn-your-mind-jelly-257967

Not always! Imaging getting used to driving with this for 5+ years and then suddenly having to remember to cut throttle when upshifting again.

🡔

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powershifting

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

Yeah the best part though is that functionality only works at full throttle so you're going to be lifting 95% of the time. Only when you're drag racing that mustang that dared to impugn your honor will you not lift.