Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

And you can't tell which 6* equipment you're about to vendor, this is intended because

yeah who knows. never even occurred to me to throw custom gears or urus into it cos theyre useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

theyre in your inbox, even if you totally flub the fight you get the reward for how well everyone did as a whole when the thing ends

no, you dont need to grind, you just bang out your 3 minute pass and leave it at that. you can retry it if you want but i wouldnt bother

Weird, I didn't get points for it. Maybe because I started my run with 50 seconds left on the timer and went all 3 minutes? I'll try the next round if I remember and see if it goes any better.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Diddler posted:

Weird, I didn't get points for it. Maybe because I started my run with 50 seconds left on the timer and went all 3 minutes? I'll try the next round if I remember and see if it goes any better.

yeah i think if the timer runs out mid run you get nothing

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have to like tap the list to get the rewards to populate.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

The ranking system is dumb and smells of butts.
I have a T3 Captain Marvel, Mythic Uniform, all awakened Iso set, CTP of Destruction and all her Enchanted Urus are at Legendary Level.
She is unranked.
Like the game is saying "oh yeah. Literally hundreds of thousands of people have her that well equipped. Best grind for those bullshit World Raid drops to really get her up to speed. "

Its astonishing.

It's an extra 20% boost against every other type once you get her type enhancement maxed out, though. It's a fairly big leap.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

And you can't tell which 6* equipment you're about to vendor, this is intended because

Because it wants to annoy me. I've got tons of those I'm not using, but I also have some that I'm saving, and I don't want to throw those into the bin, but I can't tell which is which when burning them for the badge, and that is butts.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

bobmcdynamite posted:

It's an extra 20% boost against every other type once you get her type enhancement maxed out, though. It's a fairly big leap.

Oh I know it's big when you max it out.

The problem is it requires you to do a terrible game mode, rely on getting the right drop (which you can't combine lower level ones to make a higher one) and then pray to RNG Jesus that it will succeed.

It's such a terrible system that they locked CTP behind it in the new Legendary Battle modes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah it absolutely fuckin sucks that we cant combine type enhancement thingies

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

pray to RNG Jesus that it will succeed.

That's the part that's infuriating to me. The mats for Marvel came faster than I expected but failing advancements was unbelievably annoying.

Spikeness
Dec 4, 2009
I am sexually aroused by the thought of a 12 year old video game character in a bikini, just fy
Been playing on and off since launch, gotten back into the game over the last couple months, applied to Waifu Squad.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Ok what the gently caress is up with the timing of the new thing

I checked it a while ago and it said 3 hours to go (2h59m). I set an alarm for 2 hours 50 minutes in the future.

I log in then and it says 3h4m until it starts??

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hey, I got a CTP with a Shadowland box! Maybe these ARE worth doing.

Funny, I wasn't even gonna do them this week since I had slacked and had to rush all my Shadowland floors yesterday and just used the big guns to make it easy. But I had some time today and ran off 10 rounds or so. Paid off.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Ok what the gently caress is up with the timing of the new thing

I checked it a while ago and it said 3 hours to go (2h59m). I set an alarm for 2 hours 50 minutes in the future.

I log in then and it says 3h4m until it starts??

It starts (I believe) every 6 hours and runs for 1 hour. I'm in central time, and it starts at 6am, noon, 6pm and (probably) midnight. I turned on notifications for it yesterday, but for some reason I'm not getting those, so I dunno if that's working.

EDIT: I got my alerts for the noon event.

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 26, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like they're changing the time between them regularly. I don't know if that's a bug and they just keep readjusting or if its the actual point to have it "random". But every time I've tried to time it out and figure out the pattern it seems to change. Because if its every 6 hours at 12 and 6 now it DEFINITELY wasn't that two days ago when I did it at 2 and 10.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like they're changing the time between them regularly. I don't know if that's a bug and they just keep readjusting or if its the actual point to have it "random". But every time I've tried to time it out and figure out the pattern it seems to change. Because if its every 6 hours at 12 and 6 now it DEFINITELY wasn't that two days ago when I did it at 2 and 10.

Its 6AM 12PM 6PM 12AM central (1 on, 5 off)

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
After seeing the movie, I really, really hope there's a part two of this update with a new Thor costume.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

plainswalker75 posted:

After seeing the movie, I really, really hope there's a part two of this update with a new Thor costume.

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003
Late to the game here but I have a few newbie Qs:

Uniforms. As a general rule of thumb do you wait for a sale on the shop? Are there other ways of obtaining uniforms?

Do the 6* rank ups work on X-Gene muties? I unknowingly used the ones I had on normal heroes. Not sure why they had to be racist mutant hating nazis and made it so painful to farm X-gene heroes specifically.

Which SA alliance is most active? I applied to Marble Hebrons but if there is another that is more active and has room let me know. Username is "Xforce X23", feel free to send friend request.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Sales are relativly often and is absolutely the time to buy buy buy. The only other way to get them is very rarely older ones get sold for gold.

Bump rankups (so ex. 5* to 6*) work on everyone so should of course be kept for the characters that are hardest to level.

E: on second thought I dont remember if they work on naturally T2 chars

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 28, 2019

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lunatikfringe posted:

Late to the game here but I have a few newbie Qs:

Uniforms. As a general rule of thumb do you wait for a sale on the shop? Are there other ways of obtaining uniforms?

Do the 6* rank ups work on X-Gene muties? I unknowingly used the ones I had on normal heroes. Not sure why they had to be racist mutant hating nazis and made it so painful to farm X-gene heroes specifically.

Which SA alliance is most active? I applied to Marble Hebrons but if there is another that is more active and has room let me know. Username is "Xforce X23", feel free to send friend request.

hebrons is pretty active, ive just approved you so you should be in now/soon

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Sales are relativly often and is absolutely the time to buy buy buy. The only other way to get them is very rarely older ones get sold for gold.

Bump rankups (so ex. 5* to 6*) work on everyone so should of course be kept for the characters that are hardest to level.

E: on second thought I dont remember if they work on naturally T2 chars

The * rankup tickets don't work for natural T2s (which makes sense since the T2 is already technically a 6*) or their uniforms (which is a crock of poo poo as those uniform requirements SUCK)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sales happen super regularly so just wait for one. My guess is we'll get a big costume right after the current Endgame one ends for the Anniversary. If not wait a few weeks and they'll be a new update and sale. We'll get some patriotic one that puts Cap costumes on sale for Memorial Day and then one for the next Spidey movie and so on and so on and so on.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
What’s the best way to grind xp?

I’ve got a stock pile of about 3.5k crystals, would buying uniforms or saving for the X-men epic quest reward upgrade be my better bet if I’ve only been playing a month?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I’ve got a stock pile of about 3.5k crystals, would buying uniforms or saving for the X-men epic quest reward upgrade be my better bet if I’ve only been playing a month?

Best xp for characters is the highest level special mission you can do, though you can only do 20 a day without paying for a reset. After that, the high level xgene/bio tracking missions from X-Men, Deadpool and Fantastic Four give decent xp. Everything else either costs too much or restricts you to too few uses a day. I can usually get a character from 50 to 60 in a few days of special missions and rogue/beast/storm/etc with my extra energy. If you are in a hurry you can buy an xp doubler for a day from the alliance store but I think its like 500,000 gold worth of tokens.

I'd say save for Magneto to unlock him and Jean Grey since they will probably do the most for you out of the crystal epic quest unlocks (Psylocke and Strife are good but not Jean good, ditto Invisible Woman and Doom). The costumes can be game changers but that is usually once you already have a bunch at T2. That said, there's no hurry so if you are having fun and aren't too worried about being optimal buy whatever you want that looks cool.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I get all my XP from running the bios missions in the Epic Quests. There's 8 of them by 10. Even on auto clear that levels up my characters.

You can also go into your Alliances store and but an XP booster.

The new Agent system let's you put points into getting extra XP. You can buy that, level characters then respec it to extra gold.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Another free T2 for android users only apparently

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Supposedly on Reddit they are saying you can redeem the code any time up until the 30th of June.
But once you do redeem the code you only have two days to use the token.

Suggestions are yo wait to see if there are any new updates before July and if so get a brand new character at Tier 2 with this token.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

If you’re on iOS and back up your game data to Facebook, you can get the ticket via an android emulator like Bluestacks or Nox. I used Bluestacks since Nox sometimes triggers false positive virus or spyware alerts.

Here’s a full tutorial:

Then downlod the game on bluestacks and do the tutorial.

Note: you may need to restart Bluestacks before the google play store will let you download marvel future fight.

On bluestacks after you finish the tutorial go to settings and connect to the same facebook account you used earlier.

A message will pop up asking if you want to use the progress saved on your facebook account (confirm)

The game will automatically restart and will load your account then you can redeem the code from Settings > Coupon

Optional: redeem T2 character

Close Bluestacks and reopen app on iOS device and your T2 character or ticket will be there waiting for you.

Video tutorial starts at around 55 seconds:
https://youtu.be/WQJoL78uJvs

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Thanks for the tips, starting my slow inexorable climb to relevancy. Applied to Waifu Squad on Gassire.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I wonder if we'll get a Jean update with the new X-Men movie even though it's not an MCU thing. I maxed her Urus, damnit, she should be the best again!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I would think Marvel wouldn't want that since its just free advertisement for a competitor when you'd think they're probably gonna start over with the X-Men. And we didn't really get anything for Deadpool 2 as I recall.

Then again we don't really know and there's at least Deadpool/Ryan Reynolds that is a strong enough property to want to keep going as is. And maybe the game developer does it on their own. So who knows?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

STAC Goat posted:

I would think Marvel wouldn't want that since its just free advertisement for a competitor when you'd think they're probably gonna start over with the X-Men. And we didn't really get anything for Deadpool 2 as I recall.

Then again we don't really know and there's at least Deadpool/Ryan Reynolds that is a strong enough property to want to keep going as is. And maybe the game developer does it on their own. So who knows?

Fox is not a competitor anymore. Disney owns them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was under the mistaken impression that what remains of Fox still owned the distribution rights to the film, but Wikipedia says otherwise.

Still, its not MCU and I imagine Disney/Marvel still don't know exactly what they want to do with that so I wouldn't expect a ton of synergy or anything. But what do I know? I was clearly just proven wrong.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Pretty sure the Deadpool update came out around the same time as Deadpool 2, didn't it?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Applied to Marble Hebrons as chelatek pls accept

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Pretty sure the Deadpool update came out around the same time as Deadpool 2, didn't it?

It came out in like August whereas Deadpool 2 came out in May. But Future Fight was in the middle of their big anniversary / Infinity War events so the delay wasn't too surprising. This time there shouldn't be much going on so I bet they will do at least a minor x-men event since there's still a month until Far From Home hits after that. Unless they really get random it should be a spoilery Endgame part 2 release in May, Dark Phoenix in June, then Spidey in July.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Apparently there are a bunch of costumes now available for purchase with gold.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they all went on sale when the Endgame costumes dropped and they cut a bunch of characters' advancement requirements in half.

I THINK I got all of them. I have to go through with that list.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

There's also a new poll about getting an old character updated. First round you can vote for 2.

Blade
Mockingbird
Daisy Johnson
Daredevil
Gamora
Rogue
Red Skull
Jessica Jones
Drax
Vision

Rogue's already pretty good, so I'm hoping one of the other ones wins it. One of the other ones that isn't a Nazi.

Also - the Tier 2 Mega Advancement Ticket in the Event Shop. This isn't as limited as a Selector, right? You can use one of these on just about anyone, including paywall jerks, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, they all went on sale when the Endgame costumes dropped and they cut a bunch of characters' advancement requirements in half.

I THINK I got all of them. I have to go through with that list.

If you go to the Costume option and All, click on the arrange section and arrange by cost. All the gold costumes will come up at the top as the cheapest.

As for a Mega Tier 2 you can use it on anybody. A paywall, a norm, Antiman, Arachknight, Sabertooth, etc... (Anyone who isn't a native Tier 2.)

If the character is six stars, it will make them Tier 2.
If you are using it on somebody (like a new character) if you use it when they are level 1 and six stars (no mastery) it will ding them to 60 and give them six mastery stars.