Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

They're also Abbachio's favorite color.

Rest in piss, Urine Cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Arist posted:

It's honestly incredibly inconsistent
I think the anime has thus far presented it in a way where the ability is 100% consistent. The confusion in the manga was probably just the confusing translation.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah his power makes perfect sense tbh, it's just kind of overpowered.

Except this episode, I don't know how he turned into a child.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

remember that jojo visuals are not necessarily literal unless it'd be funnier that way

dude just disguised himself and abbachio didn't notice it (we saw something similar a couple episodes back, where the enemy stand users were drawn a bit differently from their PoV vs the gangstar PoV)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Grapplejack posted:

he has a similar body type

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Was the implication that Doppio drank the kids blood? If he was willing to do that, I wonder why he didn't just drink the blood of Risotto from the get-go.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Was the implication that Doppio drank the kids blood? If he was willing to do that, I wonder why he didn't just drink the blood of Risotto from the get-go.

Because he didn't have time.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RatHat posted:

Because he didn't have time.

He literally had a chunk of Risotto in his hand!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Doppio looked like a young non-imposing man by both the fortune teller and risotto. He could definitely sell himself as some rando teen in a pickup game of soccer.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Would you really want to drink the blood of the user of Metallica? That seems like it could go spectacularly wrong spectacularly fast.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Would you really want to drink the blood of the user of Metallica? That seems like it could go spectacularly wrong spectacularly fast.

Between Risotto having a power Doppio didn't fully know about, Bruno walking around despite being apparently dead and an assassin that Doppio definitely knew about unleashing a stand after his death that's currently thrashing about in the sea maybe a couple of miles away? Yeah, drinking Risotto's blood is basically the way to maximise your odds of being immediately killed or puppeteered around as a new body for him, courtesy of Metallica suddenly revealing some ridiculous tertiary power.

You just don't take that chance with the band that had Master of Puppets and Reload.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

comedyblissoption posted:

I think the anime has thus far presented it in a way where the ability is 100% consistent. The confusion in the manga was probably just the confusing translation.

Trust me, it has not. He keeps interacting with things during time skips like in the flowers scene, but this episode shows he's a ghost during that time and nothing in it counts???

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Arist posted:

Trust me, it has not. He keeps interacting with things during time skips like in the flowers scene, but this episode shows he's a ghost during that time and nothing in it counts???

I assumed those were different powers, like he can either skip time, or maneuver through it however he sees fit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Load and Reload are very good albums.
This is a fact.

Also RIPiss Abbacchio. Let us all down warm one in your honour.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

“I skip time and erase what happened in between” can’t really be followed consistently because it’s just vague enough to do what Araki wants to do in a given scene.

I though it may have been straightforward enough but then in this episode apparently boss just phases out of existence for the 0.5 seconds? It’s not described as “boss becomes a ghost during the skipped time” because he uses it to loving clean his room like two episodes prior.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Explaining what actually happens with the bullets from Aerosmith is hard to make it make sense, but what actually happens to the bullets makes perfect sense when you logically think about it.
Kind of like, if you move your arm from left to right in front of your monitor, in the middle of the monitor there's a knife there that's going to cut you on the trajectory your hand and on the right of the screen there's a fat stack of cash you can have if you don't get stabbed and your hand reaches it unharmed.
King Crimson deletes the moment where your hand hits the knife from ever existing so your hand still makes its full arc from left to right, it deletes the obstacle so you don't get stabbed. (this makes sense to me)
It's how it interplays with Epitaph where the confusion comes in, I don't think the time deletion is confusing at all.

But yeah, it's vague because it lets Araki do whatever it wants.
It's the room cleaning thing that's the bigger bullshit of those two

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

RatHat posted:

Those flowers at the end were supposed to be what Giorno turned Abbachio's body into right? That was added by the anime, it's a nice touch. In the manga his body was just left there.

I just figured he changed the rock underneath to do a cover-up.

Also yeah the episode hits hard cause it's not really shown that Doppio is one of the kids until at the very last moment you see him run past and before you can finish thinking "Oh hey this kid has the same hair colo-OH FU" Abbachio gets loving bodied. I certainly wasn't expecting that angle of attack so kudos on that. And goddamn they do good in portraying King Crimson as ANGRY. Every single move you see, even in the arms Doppio had, there's pure fury and hatred behind them, like noone in Jojo up to this point. King Crimson is absolutely livid 100% of the time and that's terrifying.

I do find extremely hillarous (and hope someone ilustrates it) that the last action of Moody Blues was just "slam my loving face into the pillar". :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Arist posted:

He isn't a ghost. Think of it as a movie:

-Scene 1: Aerosmith shoots both the Boss and Risotto
-Scene 2: The Boss is pierced by Aerosmith's bullets
-Scene 3: Risotto is pierced by Aerosmith's bullets

King Crimson deletes the second scene, while leaving the rest alone. We end up with a broken mess of a film, where Aerosmith shot, then the movie skips to Risotto getting shot.

It's true that whether he can interact with stuff or not seems to depend on how Araki feels at that particular moment but he may be able to control that. It's not like Stand powers are that consistent, just look at our protagonist who keeps pulling new powers straight out of his rear end, and then forgetting the ones he did have,

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My interpretation is colored by manga scenes (nothing direct) we haven't seen yet so I'll leave it at that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Blaze Dragon posted:

He isn't a ghost. Think of it as a movie:

-Scene 1: Aerosmith shoots both the Boss and Risotto
-Scene 2: The Boss is pierced by Aerosmith's bullets
-Scene 3: Risotto is pierced by Aerosmith's bullets

King Crimson deletes the second scene, while leaving the rest alone. We end up with a broken mess of a film, where Aerosmith shot, then the movie skips to Risotto getting shot.

It's true that whether he can interact with stuff or not seems to depend on how Araki feels at that particular moment but he may be able to control that. It's not like Stand powers are that consistent, just look at our protagonist who keeps pulling new powers straight out of his rear end, and then forgetting the ones he did have,

It doesn't really make sense to describe it this way, because if this happened in a movie you would still see his reaction of getting shot after, even if you didn't see him getting shot. He essentially became a ghost upon activating his power.

I feel King Crimson in general is hampered by Araki feeling obligated to make it some sorta time based power, and really stretched what that concept was.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also I tried not to even intimate anything with that last post but if something even that oblique isn't kosher I'll edit it out

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Whether or not he can interact with things can be easily explained by assuming he can choose either one at will.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
to explain how KC works you have to ignore some scenes on account of how stand powers are always inconsistent. the problem is that without knowing what KC's powers are in the first place, you can't know what scenes are the inconsistent ones

I think I buy the ghost interpretation and will ignore the scene where he uses it to shove all his poo poo out the window which doesn't make sense anyway

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Whether or not he can interact with things can be easily explained by assuming he can choose either one at will.

Yeah once you accept that everything clicks into place. It may not be outright stated but its been clearly shown as doing both.

The one thats harder to understand for me is the kid switcheroo since it seems like the boss (i just want to start using his real name already) abducted, stripped, sewed his mouth shut, and then switched both of their positions all in the span of a single time skip.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AnEdgelord posted:

Yeah once you accept that everything clicks into place. It may not be outright stated but its been clearly shown as doing both.

Then why can't he kill in the time skips tho

AnEdgelord posted:

The one thats harder to understand for me is the kid switcheroo since it seems like the boss (i just want to start using his real name already) abducted, stripped, sewed his mouth shut, and then switched both of their positions all in the span of a single time skip.

and he also somehow drained his blood and impersonated a small child at the same time, none of which are things he should be able to do. I think this bit is just objectively bullshit that defies explanation

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Well, most of it was on the ground.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It didn't really occur to me that he abducted the kid in the stopped time. I sort of assumed it was just anime time and he just killed the kid when no one was looking.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

JahRoo posted:

“I skip time and erase what happened in between” can’t really be followed consistently because it’s just vague enough to do what Araki wants to do in a given scene.

I though it may have been straightforward enough but then in this episode apparently boss just phases out of existence for the 0.5 seconds? It’s not described as “boss becomes a ghost during the skipped time” because he uses it to loving clean his room like two episodes prior.

I think the room thing is the odd scene out, because 0.5 seconds is vaguely consistent with Bruno's fight.

Then again, if making himself intangible is part of his power set, I don't see why he needs to dodge Sticky Fingers during the time bubble.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Arist posted:

Based on what's been shown so far, I think you can come up with multiple interpretations of how his ability works and they're still all consistent. I think the key thing is that the world of "skipped time" is like entering the court of the crimson king where the user has extra abilities during the skipped time.

One interpretation is seeing it like a video editor type ability where you lay out what happens frame by frame like on a tape reel, and the user can selectively make themselves corporeal/incorporeal during the skipped time like they were taking out their character cel.

Another interpretation is that the skipped time always makes the user incorporeal and able to freely move around, but there's still a simulacron of the user that is corporeal and that other people in the skipped time act as if was real. This would explain enemies continuing to punch at king crimson as if he's still there. The simulacron acts as if they weren't skipping time. This could also mean aerosmith's bullets passed through the simulacron before hitting risotto.

Alternatively it's just a very broad "only keep the results you want" power.

There's probably lots of other interpretations consistent with the events so far.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
bruno mustve bit down pretty hard on his lip to get that blood out. on account of there being no blood when he pierced his whole hand through with a nail and all

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

All of the blood is in his head, I guess.

Or maybe it was spaghetti sauce from his lunch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Momomo posted:

It doesn't really make sense to describe it this way, because if this happened in a movie you would still see his reaction of getting shot after, even if you didn't see him getting shot. He essentially became a ghost upon activating his power.

I feel King Crimson in general is hampered by Araki feeling obligated to make it some sorta time based power, and really stretched what that concept was.

It's more like deleting the plot point so the scene doesn't happen. Because that plot point was deleted, you don't see him reacting to getting shot because he doesn't get shot.

Momomo posted:

It didn't really occur to me that he abducted the kid in the stopped time. I sort of assumed it was just anime time and he just killed the kid when no one was looking.

There's no reason to believe time fuckery was involved outside of him having Epitaph to always allow him to make safe moves that won't get him caught.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Ever since All Star Battle and some other things, I've understood King Crimson's ability as time skip + phasing since at the very least, he can't attack a person within the skipped time but nothing can touch him during it either. He can only set himself up for an attack the second he comes out of time skip. Him interacting with things like being able to vanish the fortune teller's body or his entire corkboard research room are the only things inconsistent to me and I can forgive it cause that's just for dramatic effect, though it does confuse things.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

It's possible king crimson skipped time for the kidnapping. Grab the kid in front of everyone during skipped time, then end the skipped time so they forget you kidnapped the kid.

Start skipped time, kick the ball near abbachio, end skipped time, and everyone is confused on how the ball got there.

Bossu had a lot of incentive to not use skipped time too much since it could tip off Bruno he was nearby if he noticed the time skipped.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I honestly don't think he did skip time for the Kid. I don't see anything that suggests that he did.

I think he just grabbed kid with King Crimson sewed his mouth shut, drank his blood took his his shirt and ran off to join the other kids. The kid was still alive and was crawling around.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Every time I saw that kid with the pink hair, there was a voice screaming NO NO NO NO NO in the back of my head. Abbacchio’s demise itself got me really bad. I could feel a lump in my throat forming when Narancia was having his breakdown.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Abbacchio's final thoughts were "i hope giorno doesn't use his loving bullshit power to turn me into flowers or some poo poo".

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

"Giorno is gonna try some bullshit to revive me like Bucci, death is worth it to make his bullshit powers fail."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

King Crimson is easy to understand on a scene-by-scene basis, but a bit too inconsistent to try to puzzle out all at once. It works more thematically for The Boss rather than logically as a superpower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think the fandom really did get it the first time round accepting that it just works.