Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't think they rise faster when they're young, but I do believe they get small multipliers when they go up an age tier, so getting the stat up early is a real good idea.

Crumblejon is in Mongrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Crumblejon can be found in Mongrel not far from our lord and savior, Cyber-Beep, pbuh.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I found beep but not Crumblejon.

Ugh I don't know how I'm supposed to get these newbies out of the fog lands in one piece...

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You can always just hire a group of mercs. They're pretty cheap for short periods and you should be able to make it out in a day easily.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Carry them out (hopefully your dudes are strong enough to do this without losing speed)

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Panfilo posted:

I found beep but not Crumblejon.

Ugh I don't know how I'm supposed to get these newbies out of the fog lands in one piece...

Or, resign yourself to the fact you're not leaving Mongrel anytime soon and buy a house there. Train Beep and Crumblejon by beating the Fogmen.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Recruited this Green fella and he has a whopping 70 skill in crossbows and zero STR. Only cost like 2300 cats as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Crushing the holy nation had the unintended side effect of making my life in Vain extremely boring. The Shrek were all pals with me now and Kral's idiots werent much of a challenge for my megabase, so I loaded up a few pack beasts and started a new base between Skimsands and the Black Desert. I'm constantly under seige by Cloud Ninjas, Empire taxmen, United heroes, Skimmers and manhunters. It's great!

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 26, 2019

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Recruited this Green fella and he has a whopping 70 skill in crossbows and zero STR. Only cost like 2300 cats as well.

Also zero in precision shooting, but what's a few toothpicks in the back between friends.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Getting chased by a beak thing only to have it get distracted by gobbling up bandits is pretty satisfying. But man, they do not seem to offer loot that is worth the hassle it takes to kill them.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The trick to profitable baka thing hunting is to follow them to their nests. In there, you'll find their eggs, which are worth a sexy 4.2k each and tend to come in bunches of ten or more. Sometimes substantially more. You can easily make out with 100k worth of eggs on a really good run.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Saul Kain posted:

Or, resign yourself to the fact you're not leaving Mongrel anytime soon and buy a house there. Train Beep and Crumblejon by beating the Fogmen.

eh....it took less than 10 minutes of running back and forth in town on 5x speed to get all of the uniques up to an athletic skill that would allow me to outrun the fogmen (plus using sandals of course for non-beeps). You only need to get to 19 or 20 mph.

Wanted those recruits early, so I sent one guy (my main) in there alone and they all ran out together. I used the other unique recruits to get the numbers required to recruit Shyrke. Main character held onto everybody else's stuff so I didn't have to worry about encumbrance slowing them down.

edit - on a side note, I'm getting more than a little annoyed that my now anti-UC allies the rebel farmers, are attacking the slaves that I've been freeing. Only way to stop it has been to literally pick up the rebel farmers. Can't pick up the slaves since that messes with their A.I. and can break joining scripts (as per one of the devs on the Steam forums).

mauman fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 26, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no I can use the redundant stone storage boxes to play tower defense inside Kenshi.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Why do you have two Cats?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Crazy cat kenshi

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Managed to get my trio out of the fog lands, wasn't as hard as I feared it would be.

And my martial artist is coming along well. Recently saw her sock a vagrant in the gut for like 121 damage, causing him to jacknife backwards a respectable distance.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mine's punching everyone's limbs off it's terrifying.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Yeah it's definitely veering into Fist of the North star levels.

Level 100 martial arts should just be you jabbing them in the chest with your pinky only to have them explode into giblets 5 seconds later.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ohhhh nooooooooooooooo

I have just now realized for the first time that the ancient safe at the top of ancient labs aren't a big safe but are actually four smaller safes side-by-side and I've only been looting them once

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

ohhhh nooooooooooooooo

I have just now realized for the first time that the ancient safe at the top of ancient labs aren't a big safe but are actually four smaller safes side-by-side and I've only been looting them once

That's only Narko's Trap I think. Normal labs have 1 ancient safe and one regular safe, plus boxes.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The Lone Badger posted:

That's only Narko's Trap I think. Normal labs have 1 ancient safe and one regular safe, plus boxes.

Oh okay thank god. Gotta say though, Narko's Trap is some wild poo poo. I think this is the playthrough that lasts, one single trip to Narko and then a shopping spree at Black Desert and I've already got Hydroponics access at maybe five hours into this save file. I did the stealth/assassination grind in the Fog Islands, but this time got ten people up into the 70s for maximum loot efficiency. That being said, I had a really close encounter in the Swamp as I went to buy a pack bull. I got chased by Dust Bandits into a nomad settlement, and then a bunch of Hungry Bandits showed up, and then four Beak Things showed up and we had a total free-for-all. I was SO close to losing half my team, but everyone pulled through and the only person to lose a limb was Beep, which is actually good news because now he can become Cyberbeep.

My plan now is to set up some Hydroponics on a Holy Nation Farm so I can solve my food issues and get as many recruits as I would ever need, and then start amassing cash so I can convert that into prisoner recruits.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Yeah Narkos trap was a sweet haul. You can also hit up thy Great Library and steal pretty much every schematic in the game.

Focusing on stealth/lockpicking/theft/assassination is very newbie friendly, because it let's you bypass a lot of trouble areas, flee to safety, and make money reliably. There's not much downside to sneaking ;the movement penalty gets offset pretty fast. Ninja rags offer a 30 percent bonus to stealth and are easy to obtain.

On the flip side, trying to play the game as a more traditional rpg fighter type dude can be pretty hard. There's tons of encounters where you're either outclassed or outnumbered, you gotta worry about getting Shanghaied walking out of the bar, and tougher armor comes with a lot of downsides.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

My first visit to Narko's Trap I said "hahaha" and led the Paladins into the spiders
I wasn't expecting them to win

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well they are a nation of robot haters. Even if they are dumbasses, centuries of fighting robots will get you results.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well they are a nation of robot haters. Even if they are dumbasses, centuries of fighting robots will get you results.

hence the +50% bonus damage to robots

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm currently working on making steady 1000% better btw:

This game really should be a 100% comedy game. It's already funny enough on its own even at its bleakest.

Also a clown faction sure as hell needs circus tent buildings and poo poo.

Relevant Space Station 13 nostalgia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asm62bKZJHI

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Alright, further adventures in stealth have led to more strange discoveries. The Deadland workshop will endlessly spawn guard robots if you manage to force knock one out from combat (KO-ing from stealth is fine). I had lured spiders into the workshop zone to deal with them, and sure enough a huge crowd of broken robots went out to fight the spider. They won, but were crippled enough by that point to where I could finish them off with the now-free harpoon guns. But, like ten seconds after finishing them up, a new set of robots just magically appeared on top of the turrets and forced me to run away. The now-displaced robots were also uh...magically healed, and had AI that had them chase me from a REALLY long distance away, which also gave the harpoon gunners LoS and really hosed one of my characters up. I wanted to kill them all so I could use tools to break the locks on the level 75 treasure chest, but that is apparently not an option.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

That trick does apply in other places, though. Like, those three boxes you see stacked up near the door of shops sometimes? You have to loot them individually, because they actually are three boxes, not one object.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I wish you could stack boxes like that when you build stuff, without editor fuckery.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Spacedad posted:

This game really should be a 100% comedy game. It's already funny enough on its own even at its bleakest.

Also a clown faction sure as hell needs circus tent buildings and poo poo.

Relevant Space Station 13 nostalgia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asm62bKZJHI

I got clowned by lord Tengu about some super important quest. Felt bad, man.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Yeah, what an rear end in a top hat. Dude should be fed to the skimmers.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Game balance is for suckers

:japan:

lmao @ that damage. 138 and 92 seems like a decent two-hit combo

And now here's something boring

I have my hydro in this house and designated one person to take care of that. Now I wonder if they will take the water from the collectors on the roof on their own after my water tank is empty or do I have to assign them to that for it to work?

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 27, 2019

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Tin Tim posted:

I have my hydro in this house and designated one person to take care of that. Now I wonder if they will take the water from the collectors on the roof on their own or do I have to assign them to that for it to work?
Generally speaking, when I assign someone to make steel next to an iron smelter, they'll take iron plates right from the output slot. It seems finicky sometimes, but in general, it works. Alternately, you can set up a collection tank and assign someone to Haul to it. They'll fill it up and people will take from that one automatically for certain, because it's a designated storage spot.

Auto-hydroponics don't even require water, by the way. They just kind of keep spitting out crops forever.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Cardiovorax posted:

Auto-hydroponics don't even require water, by the way. They just kind of keep spitting out crops forever.
:stare:

I need to research that asap

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Ah, crud, sorry about that. I just checked and I think those are from the Industrial Revolution mod. It seems like such a natural extension to the tech that I totally forgot it's even modded. :sweatdrop:

Industrial Revolution is pretty good, though, so just download it from the Workshop. Doesn't need importing or anything, just plop it right in there.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Paranoid Peanut posted:

It's my katana now, binch :cool:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Those robots that go all buffalo Bill on their victims are pretty freaky!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Yeah, what an rear end in a top hat. Dude should be fed to the skimmers.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Justice served. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So's dinner.