Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don’t like Hollow Knight either even though I like the genre. The art style and controls just didn’t click me with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bushisms.txt posted:

Anyone who doesn't buy this man's game needs to be banned

https://youtu.be/kvdeOs4nCyI

This is pretty inspiring to be honest, and shows a decent way to program if you have a disability that limits the use of your hands.

His game seems to be inspired by spelunky.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Andrast posted:

Some of Hollow Knight's design decision just require a certain kind of person. Like some people are going to loving hate the map poo poo while some others like me love it.

It seems like an easy thing to make an option to toggle. The map is also the primary reason I bounced off Hollow Knight

ItBreathes posted:

How / why did you spend 20 hours being bored? Hell, it only took me 24 hours to beat it.

I spent 200 hours in ds2 before realizing I spent most of that time frustrated and hunting for the fun bits. The sensation of progress can be compelling even if it's not satisfying. (And there are always numbers to progress in ds2)

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Cojawfee posted:

Haha I just got the pun with hearty meals in BotW.

:negative:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how are people liking Katana Zero?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

My god it’s full of stars

I think somebody’s gonna revoke my dadcard, I’ve shamed fathers everywhere

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

omg chael crash posted:

Steam World Quest deckbuilding —

What have you guys been doing? I’ve been keeping 3 of the basic attack cards for each of the party members so I can always build up steam/cogs/whatever

I keep 4 or 5 basic attacks per character, with 3 I was running out of steam way too often.

Don't sleep on mana shield. I made the mistake of switching Copernica to damage dealing once I got an actual healer in the party, but the shield is functionally the same as healing except it ignores max HP and it builds steam instead of costing it. I was a fool to sell the weapon that lets her use the triple shield.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah I hope that Carl's Jr cross promotion worked out for them.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

This is a few pages back but if a future Metroid uses any modern game for inspiration it should be Prey 2017. Exploring that station owned.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

A Sometimes Food posted:

This is a few pages back but if a future Metroid uses any modern game for inspiration it should be Prey 2017. Exploring that station owned.

This would be cool. Prey was awesome.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Cojawfee posted:

Oh son of a bitch.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

DLC Inc posted:

how are people liking Katana Zero?

I just finished it and enjoyed it immensely. The ending was wild. It’s basically a side scroller Hotline Miami with a time slowdown mechanic. I am already replaying levels to try different dialog choices and unlocked weapons (I have 1 of 5, not sure how to get the rest yet) after beating it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don’t like Hollow Knight either even though I like the genre. The art style and controls just didn’t click me with me.

The art is garbage.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

s.i.r.e. posted:

The art is garbage.

Mods?

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

A Sometimes Food posted:

this but DOOM 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

s.i.r.e. posted:

The art is garbage.

New thread title please

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

Prey was the best Metroid game in years so I def approve this, sub in Dark Samus or SA-X for Nightmare and have Metroids just give you all sorts of cool poo poo. Would work better if Prime 4 took place after Fusion.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Don't listen to them, Nintendo. I don't want to spend 80% of my time in a Metroid game crafting bullshit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Don't listen to them, Nintendo. I don't want to spend 80% of my time in a Metroid game crafting bullshit.

Crafting is a plague upon gaming, though it feeds into microtransactions so readily that it’s here to stay.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
low level crafting in games sucks because it's a treadmill of basic necessities but high level crafting, permanent persistent poo poo that will upgrade linearly, i like that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Crafting in games should be illegal. Red Dead 2 should be in The Hague for war crimes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

8.0 update for Zelda, apart from the VR mode, apparently overclocks the CPU during load screens cutting times by like a third.

Loading save from 31 seconds to 21
Warp across map from 20 to 11
Go in shrine from 9.5 to 7

Across the course of the game a huge difference

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

Steam World Quest deckbuilding —

What have you guys been doing? I’ve been keeping 3 of the basic attack cards for each of the party members so I can always build up steam/cogs/whatever

It really depends on the part of the game you're at because characters get cards that massively change how they function together.

Red decks: Honestly, fire-based stuff is amazing here, especially if you're using the mage. You can combine fire buffs to get like +5 stacking fire damage which does absurd amounts of DPS. The only real downside is that if you run into something that absorbs Fire you'll be kinda screwed, so I recommend keeping at least one or two non-fire attacks or ally buffs in your party so you never quite get stuck.

Blue: Jesus, Blue can do anything. Basically tailor it to your other two characters.

Green: Green is almost as good as Blue. If you run Blue-Green-Yellow (which is what I ended up doing) you can apply a shitload of buffs, Don't sleep on the Healing Up card It builds Pressure and giving it to another character who heals can ridiculously improve their healing capabilities.

Yellow- Yellow is a late bloomer but you can either go full physical or if you get one of their swords that boosts magic you can basically make them a lightning mage/healer and they're extremely good at it. The latter is what I did.

Purple: I didn't do much with purple to be honest because the other characters were already so full.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

8.0 update for Zelda, apart from the VR mode, apparently overclocks the CPU during load screens cutting times by like a third.

:aaaaa:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Everyone hold on.

I know I have to save the universe but I'm carrying 50,000 items and need to drop 46 of the lowest value ones (not sortable) where I'm standing so I can backtrack to the thing that will turn all of this into currency or parts I add together that eventually become a thing.

Hang tight. I'll be back to this spot in 15-20 minutes.

gently caress that noise. I like the Metroid progression. Need a spinning attack? Go shoot the face off the spinning boss and steal its soul. Now you have a spin attack. No farting around in menus constructing a spin attack out of hairbrushes and broken circuit boards.

8.0 update for Zelda

FASTER LOADING

I've been wanting to replay this. Thanks for the motivation.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I accidentally made a really lovely avatar, and I can’t stand his fat silent face in each cutscene, but I did make Iggy Pop my pawn, so that’s cool.

I tried to make Kiryu Kazuma and failed. Someone made a Ciri pawn though and totally nailed it. Saved that one for sure.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'll allow it

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Switch Pro for free. Thank you, King Koopa.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

s.i.r.e. posted:

The art is garbage.

It looks like a flash game.:smug:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does it only boost up during loading? I wonder how much this impacts battery.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

The art is garbage.

your posts are garbage

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SeANMcBAY posted:

It looks like a flash game.:smug:

romanowski posted:

your posts are garbage

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
If you try to post something from your album to twitter, you can zoom out on the login screen and browse your way to the twitter home page from which you can sign in and do tweets, on the nintendo switch.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Local walmart had ffxii for switch out in their cases. Went to get it, and they couldn't check it out sadly. Oh well, it was worth a try!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

s.i.r.e. posted:

The art is garbage.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does the frame rate in Boxboy and Boxgirl hitch for anyone else?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I am a child who can only enjoy games when they have the obligatory fire/ice/jungle stages.

No but seriously I get not vibing the hollow knight style but the art is executed well and has been widely praised. Y'all are batshit

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 28, 2019

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I don't get it

e: the last time someone posted that image it was somehow meant to be an argument that the art style is bad which I assume is what you're doing

romanowski fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 28, 2019

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I assume the answer's yes but does Steamworld Quest keep up the series' standard of quality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

romanowski posted:

I don't get it

e: the last time someone posted that image it was somehow meant to be an argument that the art style is bad which I assume is what you're doing

Yeah i think he's trying to prove that point