Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i bet this author would have a bunch of reasons why rob ford was a good man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Sanders Fans Plan DNC 'Fart-In' Protest of Clinton Nomination

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

greg gianforte bodyslamming a journalist and still getting elected to US congress

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
oh nice it's on Kindle Unlimited

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

funny story: greg gianforte donated a lot of money to Montana State University so they changed the name of the CS school to Greg Gianforte School of Computer Science. they wrote a big press release about it, but in the editing process someone ran spellcheck and it got published with his name written as Greg Pianoforte all over it

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

when the NYT broke a story about how harry reid started a $22M pentagon program to investigate UFOs and no one gives a poo poo because of trump

Rocks has issued a correction as of 19:24 on Apr 26, 2019

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

also when googling for this story i found this just from yesterday, lol

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

since im on a UFO tear, the 'Oumuamua story was awesome too

IMHO there is room for alex jones to make a comeback with alien coverup stories

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Rex-Goliath posted:

i have a friend who was at boot camp when 9/11 happened. he was supposed to be an air force tech. he wound up a gunner on convoys. he was.... not happy about it

This happened to a dude from my high school as well, EXACT same story.

Well almost anyway, he did join after 9/11

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Rocks posted:

IMHO there is room for alex jones to make a comeback with alien coverup stories

all are legally barred from doing so til someone ponies up $40 million to art bell for sightings.com

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Alex Jones is really more of Bill Cooper than Art Bell. Legit wouldn't surprise me if they followed a similar ...trajectory...

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Do you think John Edwards or Blago looked at themselves in the mirror longer

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/180375447572463618?s=20

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Azathoth posted:

Alex Jones is really more of Bill Cooper than Art Bell. Legit wouldn't surprise me if they followed a similar ...trajectory...

I have that book, Behold a Pale Horse. haven’t read it though.

regardless of the truth of anything he wrote, the circumstances of his death are :tinfoil:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ICE opened a hotline to anonymously report immigrants and it was immediately drowned by people reporting space alien sightings

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Melania touring Egypt dressed up as Rene Belloq

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I have that book, Behold a Pale Horse. haven’t read it though.

regardless of the truth of anything he wrote, the circumstances of his death are :tinfoil:

I think he got exactly what he wanted, and while I don't think it was a conspiracy, I encourage others to either think it is a conspiracy or to actively spread the rumor that it was a conspiracy because there's no more fitting tribute to that batshit crazy man.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Rocks posted:

when the NYT broke a story about how harry reid started a $22M pentagon program to investigate UFOs and no one gives a poo poo because of trump

lol i was just thinking about this last week. the nyt released literal footage of jet fighters intercepting an honest to god ufo and it barely registered as a blip on the public consciousness

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

it's like that louis ck bit about flying where everyone should be in their seats screaming uncontrollably because holy poo poo we're FLYING

like we all should have lost our marbles at that story but lol nope. TRUMP!!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

man that fucker really has caused our entire society to go brain-dead

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

When Darrell Issa increased his fire insurance by 462% and then removed his computers and customer records from his business shortly before it burned down. The fire in question having started at two separate points in the building aided by accelerant according to the investigators.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Spergin Morlock posted:

When Darrell Issa increased his fire insurance by 462% and then removed his computers and customer records from his business shortly before it burned down. The fire in question having started at two separate points in the building aided by accelerant according to the investigators.

Ethics complaint and award

In September 2011, a liberal advocacy and lobbying group, American Family Voices, filed a complaint with the Office of Congressional Ethics against Issa, alleging he had repeatedly used his position of authority on the Oversight Committee to improperly intervene in dealings with Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch and DEI Holdings, all of which Issa is associated with in some way. Issa's office rejected the allegations.[82]

The year before that the Project on Government Oversight, a government watchdog group, awarded Issa with its Good Government Award for his contributions to government oversight and transparency. These included publicizing documents produced by the New York Federal Reserve Bank in response to a congressional subpoena, publicly exposing the NYFR's secret "back-door bailout" of AIG's counterparties, and cofounding a Transparency Caucus dedicated to "promoting a more open and accountable government through education, legislation, and oversight."[83][84]

hahahahaha what

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

mooyashi posted:

Do you think John Edwards or Blago looked at themselves in the mirror longer

i always imagined jon edwards prepping himself for hours each morning and checking his looks in the mirror every chance he could, the dainty little prick

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

cropped out his skinny lil' chicken legs

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol i was just thinking about this last week. the nyt released literal footage of jet fighters intercepting an honest to god ufo and it barely registered as a blip on the public consciousness

not only that but harry reid specifically carved out $22M for UFO investigation, he definitely knows some poo poo the public doesn't

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rocks posted:

not only that but harry reid specifically carved out $22M for UFO investigation, he definitely knows some poo poo the public doesn't
My favorite part is his connection to Bigelow and the heavy implication that he's spent time at Skinwalker Ranch. Even if it's all bullshit/misinformation, I loving love it.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Rex-Goliath posted:

man that fucker really has caused our entire society to go brain-dead

Regarding UFOs and aliens, no evidence is going to convince non-believers of their existence, on the flip side believers don't require any further evidence to validate their belief

e: it's kind of like God

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

bill clinton spoke for an hour at the 2012 dnc and d&d fuckin creamed itself

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Regarding UFOs and aliens, no evidence is going to convince non-believers of their existence, on the flip side believers don't require any further evidence to validate their belief

e: it's kind of like God

what about I WANT TO BELIEVE tho

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Krankenstyle posted:

what about I WANT TO BELIEVE tho

Wanting to believe (instead of just believing) implies your beliefs are constantly being invalidated in your own mind, so I guess it's an expression of disillusionment in the face of constant swamp gas/weather balloons/geese lit by street lights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q9UFR6Ph2o

My favorite political conspiracy theory is that the Eisenhower administration made contact with the "greys", and because they hadn't determined to what level elected officials should be in-the-know, Nixon also knew- and they were the last elected officials to have knowledge of it.

And my favorite favorite part is Nixon taking Jackie Gleason, himself a UFO nut, to see dead alien bodies at some military base in Florida

Of course, because it was the Cold War, you can't leave the Soviets out of the mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPtOF0IWnkw&t=23s

:tinfoil:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

trump and megyn kelly's "feud"

:yooge: You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Hmmm how strange that during the cold war, aliens visited us regularly, but now that communism has been defeated, the galaxy wants nothing to do with us.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Haven't UFO sightings gone way way down after everybody got camera phones?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
yep

and before iirc airplanes became common they were angel sightings

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Syncopated posted:

I think you'll find they've gone way down since the fall of the soviet union.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yep

and before iirc airplanes became common they were angel sightings

Hadn't heard that one, interesting.

I mean, we have of evidence of BOTH ufos and angels? That owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pawg From Produce
Feb 11, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Syncopated posted:

UFO sightings have actually increased; that's just a joke people make.