Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003
Ha, I saw that when I was there in June too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

Ceebees posted:

:golfclap: underappreciated post.

If you prefer a tutorial made specifically to be a tutorial, here's one that's popular in one of the dedicated aurora discords. Never watched them myself though.

Thank you. I tried following along but I have a hard time playing and listening simultaneously; still good source and I'll find some use out of it none the less.

OddObserver posted:

Also the beam warship tutorial on Aurora4x wiki is helpful, as it discusses a bit how to match up sensors and guns.

Thank you as well. I dig through the wiki and it's definitely dense, with lots of good info. I've actually been reading a couple finished LP's of the game and it's been helpful.

Anyways, I appreciate everyone responding back to me, definitely helps.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

This isn't true at all, it's an excuse so you can keep buying these games without feeling like you're part of the problem.

I actually had no desire to buy this game one way or the other :v:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

LostMy2010Accnt posted:

Thank you. I tried following along but I have a hard time playing and listening simultaneously; still good source and I'll find some use out of it none the less.

No opinion on the tutorial itself, but that youtuber has a good taste in vidyagames based on his desktop icons (though shamefully he's missing grog ones).

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Hav posted:

Sorry for the derail, but y'all a bit paranoid.

No issue with Yahoo as a service (wait, a third party service?!) but if they're doing a thing where they're emailing out codes manually they're surely keeping some personal info locally accessible, no?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I’m gonna wait until one of you guys buys RTW2 and confirm they got all the emails before I fork over.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Vando posted:

No issue with Yahoo as a service (wait, a third party service?!) but if they're doing a thing where they're emailing out codes manually they're surely keeping some personal info locally accessible, no?

I don't think so, if I was them and was stupid enough to go down this whole path in the first place I'd just match yahoo confirmation codes to an email and then send the key to that email.

So yes they're storing your email but lol if you think your email address isn't all over the internet.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

So with all the RTW2 waiting going on, I've had time to ponder other niche games. The NWS guys can't be the first people to operate in a unique niche and find success. Oh boy, did I find a jackpot.

gently caress yah.

TOTAL EXTREME WRESTLING 2016

Yes, the caps are required. My keyboard will not type this out unless it's all caps.

quote:

Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 is the seventh and best game in the award-winning TEW franchise by Adam Ryland and Grey Dog Software. Bigger and more packed with enhanced features than ever before, the game takes its extremely popular predecessor TEW2013 and adds over 500 new features and improvements, including many long-awaited additions requested by the fans themselves. With new options that allow users to tone down the complexity of the game, TEW2016 is the ideal jumping on point for new fans too!

All of this can be yours for... $34.95! You will need, at the bare minimum, Windows XP. Sorry Windows 95 Wrestling Grogs. Oh, if you update Windows 10 it's required to uninstall the game first otherwise it eats your license. Oh, if you have a rando toolbar installed on your browser it can also eat your license.

BUT IT GETS BETTER

Bobby Brubaker, White Canadian, from Alberta Canada

quote:

World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 is the latest MMA release by developer Adam Ryland and represents the largest and most powerful game in the series. In WMMA5, you run your own MMA organization in a lively, vivid, competitive game world that evolves over time. Play with companies, fighters, and teams from all around the globe. WMMA5 contains an ultra-powerful fight simulator, giving you a blow-by-blow account of each bout. Deal with contracts, morale, promotional work, hype and more…this is the deepest MMA sim available.

It's a Mixed Martial Arts Grog Game. Literally OOTP or Football Manager but with Mixed Martial Arts. It is a manager game unlike any I've ever seen. Also $34.95. Why? Because it's the most lively, vivid, and powerful game in the series.

They also have a gladiator game, college basketball game, and a college football game. (Real football, not rest of the world football)

I'm debating about checking out the demo if the thread deems it important for research purposes.

These guys still take both money orders and orders over the phone. Best of all, they're located in Florida. This is Florida Man, but in a game studio. These guys are totally grog and probably don't even know it.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

This is Amazing!!!!!!!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Sure its got some problems but according to the Wrestling video game thread in SA's ring sports subforum TEW is really good. Heck, TEW 2020 is supposed to have some major improvments and I might actually look into it when it comes out.

It IS dumb that the dev(s) only put older versions on steam and the latest version is exclusive to their website however.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

How's their gladiator game?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

No idea tbh, I've never played a game from that dev, the only wrestling game I'm into is Fire Pro Wrestling.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It IS dumb that the dev(s) only put older versions on steam and the latest version is exclusive to their website however.

Hey at least they don't avoid Steam wholesale. They must like money or something. Poor bastards don't know they'll never have a successful game with an attitude like that.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Actually putting RTW1 on Steam might not be a bad move for NWS either, even if they are hellbent on avoiding it for RTW2.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I've played the College Years. It was surprisingly not bad. Can scratch an itch for wanting to try and develop some MAC team into a slightly more regional powerhouse.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Yooper posted:

These guys still take both money orders over the phone

Please do this and record it.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Well looks like my WitP opponent is going to concede so who wants to fight me in boats?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Pharnakes posted:

Well looks like my WitP opponent is going to concede so who wants to fight me in boats?

...Said the spider to the fly...

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

MrYenko posted:

...Said the spider to the fly...

If it helps this time I Midway'd the entire US carrier command on the 9th of February, in our game it took me until the 10th to deliver the blow.

One day I will get to play with Yamato. :saddowns:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Pharnakes posted:

If it helps this time I Midway'd the entire US carrier command on the 9th of February, in our game it took me until the 10th to deliver the blow.

One day I will get to play with Yamato. :saddowns:

:allears:

WitP2 needs an automatic AAR exporter.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Which grog games let me kill rhodesians, i want nothing more than to degrade the white man

Dimitris
Apr 11, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
ISTR someone here had requested a full-screen option for CMANO ?

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Almost release date for Uboat.

I’m almost definitely gonna buy it, seems a little rpgish and the scope ballooned significantly since originally being “bomber crew but subs”.

But I’m still stoked, it will get me through till May 17th at the least.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xenolalia posted:

Which grog games let me kill rhodesians, i want nothing more than to degrade the white man

I remember there is a bush war game, I just don’t remember what it’s called

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
There's a graviteam expansion isn't there? Can't remember we for which game though

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pharnakes posted:

There's a graviteam expansion isn't there? Can't remember we for which game though

Got it. Operation Moduler, an expansion for Mius Front

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That’s not really bush war but it’s the closest I know of.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Xenolalia posted:

WinSPMBT has a bunch of bush war scenarios. I think it even has a campaign in that setting IIRC.

*flashbacks of machine guns firing at armored cars for forty five minutes*

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Pirate Radar posted:

Got it. Operation Moduler, an expansion for Mius Front

ah all right, thanks I'll look into learning the drat graviteam ui.

Alternatively does anyone know if bush war era combat can be abstracted well in armored brigade?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Which Graviteam game is the easiest for a newcomer to get a handle on?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Hippocrass posted:

Which Graviteam game is the easiest for a newcomer to get a handle on?

They're all identical gameplay wise. Mius-Front is older than Tunisia but there's tons more content for it being pumped out so take your cues for which game Graviteam recommend.

e; Mius and Tunisia are on a newer engine than Op Star. Do wait until sales, Graviteam are cool dudes who regularly put their stuff up for anything from 50-85% off.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 28, 2019

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Oh my god World In Flames released an update a couple weeks ago and it now has online multiplayer :eyepop:

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
How many years did that take? :laffo:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
UBOAT early access starts tomorrow at 12:00PM Eastern. Not particularly Groggy but figured people here would be interested.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Pharnakes posted:

How many years did that take? :laffo:

6 years! And there's still no AI!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Are the rules enforced or is it still just a Tabletop Simulation?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Popete posted:

UBOAT early access starts tomorrow at 12:00PM Eastern. Not particularly Groggy but figured people here would be interested.

more like youboat

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

more like youboat

I will

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

Are the rules enforced or is it still just a Tabletop Simulation?

Rules have always been enforced, it's just that that's all it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
FTL but with U-boats looks like great fun.