Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

yeah I eat rear end posted:

There are different ways to do crime. John Dillinger had a way of doing crime. That's the gold standard for me in doing crime. Own what you do, but only use deadly force when it's against the people trying to catch you. Being brash and killing innocent people just going about their day is the wrong way to do crime.

lol you have a cartoon brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Gripweed posted:

How so? Do you really see no difference in the way he robbed banks and the way it's done now where the innocent public is more at risk than the cops?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

At least he doesn’t have an anime avatar

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

At least he doesn’t have an anime avatar

cartoon brain is a much worse diagnosis, i'm afraid.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I wish that crime was like in the 60s, where criminals had colorful costumes and would leave clues to crimes that they were planning to commit in advance so Batman would have a chance to foil them. I'm a serious person and I demand you take my ideas seriously.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I wish that crime was like in the 60s, where criminals had colorful costumes and would leave clues to crimes that they were planning to commit in advance so Batman would have a chance to foil them. I'm a serious person and I demand you take my ideas seriously.

I think you're arguing against someone that doesn't exist. John Dillinger is not a comic book character.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I think you're arguing against someone that doesn't exist. John Dillinger is not a comic book character.

Your position is incoherent. You say that organized crime is good because it isn't crime for "no good reason", and then when you get any pushback you bring up one guy who was part of a small gang that didn't kill any innocent people while robbing banks. And he robbed banks because he wanted money. Which, presumably, is the same reason literally anyone robs a bank. So the reason doesn't actually matter, just how they do it. If that was your entire position you should've said "I wish criminals wouldn't kill innocent people, like that one gang from a 100 years ago". Because I hate to tell, you most organized crime is not as nice as John Dillinger.

Come up with an actual opinion before expecting people to seriously interact with it. Because your "mob is good" claim is just incoherent nonsense.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

People have accused me of being many things, but coherent was never one of them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

and yeah not many outfits operate the same way as dillinger. That's why we should eradicate the criminal element that doesn't approach law breaking with a sense of honor.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Are you sure about that? You weren't there to watch his life. You are reading newspaper clippings or something.

I'll accuse you too of acting dumb and contrarian.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

I wish that crime was like in the 60s, where criminals had colorful costumes and would leave clues to crimes that they were planning to commit in advance
Idk that this is unpopular

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

Are you sure about that? You weren't there to watch his life. You are reading newspaper clippings or something.

I'll accuse you too of acting dumb and contrarian.

I watched the movie Public Enemies. I know all about it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Avengers Endgame didn't feel it's length at all. Even though the first hour was slow paced, it never really dragged. There isn't much you could cut out without hurting the movie, either.

Endgame felt like half as long as any of the Hobbit movies.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad crimes. you imbecile. you loving moron"

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Hey, yeah I eat rear end, how much of that is you just talking poo poo, and how much is actual opinion?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I don’t give a flying gently caress about the Avengists and I am already done with people proving their ~geek cred~ by posting about crying about the sexy actors in the enormously popular movie dying or whatever happens. Especially when they already died in the last one!

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Leavemywife posted:

Hey, yeah I eat rear end, how much of that is you just talking poo poo, and how much is actual opinion?

His actual opinions are poo poo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Leavemywife posted:

I'm an amorphous blob of bad opinions. I'll stick with or abandon any one of them as it suits me.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don’t give a flying gently caress about the Avengists and I am already done with people proving their ~geek cred~ by posting about crying about the sexy actors in the enormously popular movie dying or whatever happens. Especially when they already died in the last one!

still better than the juice test league. who wants to watch superheroes grade some kid's lemonade stand anyway

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

who wants to watch superheroes grade some kid's lemonade stand anyway
*raises paw*

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

*raises paw*

alright buddy you're coming down to the station with me

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
No grown adult should give a gently caress if Captain Birdman gets blown up by the Hammerfist Ray God in the first 10 minutes of a Marvel film. Its a comic book movie, your enjoyment should come from the visual spectacle, if that's not enough to sustain your interest and instead you need to have the revelation that The Thundercunt and the Jackknobber had a kid to make your 3 hour cinema experience worthwhile then revealing these spoilers to you out of context and before the event is only going to make you a better person long-term.

Edit: do kids actually care about spoilers or do they just watch things and enjoy them for what they are?

JollyBoyJohn has a new favorite as of 11:19 on Apr 28, 2019

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You're missing the point. People get "invested" for the same reason you cheer at a wrestling match or something.

It's fun entertainment to make you feel good so you can be happy/act happy and go to work and keep being normal.

If you look at fun explosions and super powers and get mad, that's like thinking it's okay to have anxiety or some poo poo.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

getting mad about the Marvel movies and their popularity is the new "I don't even own a TV".

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm an intelligent adult with adult taste. Instead of your juvenile punchman adventures, I shall enjoy a cartoon about a sad horse.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

I'm an intelligent adult with adult taste. Instead of your juvenile punchman adventures, I shall enjoy a cartoon about a sad horse.

One Punch Man and Bojack Horseman are both excellent cartoons.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I've not seen Bojack yet but I hear it's really good, I saw an image macro that said it's just like Family Guy but for sad people.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aramek posted:

I've not seen Bojack yet but I hear it's really good, I saw an image macro that said it's just like Family Guy but for sad people.

It gets really good. The first season is just OK.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I have no problems enjoying dumb spectacle movies but I really don’t get the Marvel ones. Except for the first Guardians one, mayyybe, they’re all Jurassic World tier. Not fun garbage, just garbage :(

And now grown rear end adults are blowing up my social medias about how sad and deep it is.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I have no problems enjoying dumb spectacle movies but I really don’t get the Marvel ones. Except for the first Guardians one, mayyybe, they’re all Jurassic World tier. Not fun garbage, just garbage :(

And now grown rear end adults are blowing up my social medias about how sad and deep it is.

I watched four of them in one night once to try to see what the fuss was about. They're super boring. I don't get it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gripweed posted:

getting mad about the Marvel movies and their popularity is the new "I don't even own a TV".

The objectively correct option that gets smugly dismissed because a relatively tiny group of contemptible people happened to agree

See also: "Smartphones, more like dumbphones"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

MizPiz posted:

The objectively correct option that gets smugly dismissed because a relatively tiny group of contemptible people happened to agree

See also: "Smartphones, more like dumbphones"

what

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Smartphones actually own though.

The people who think internet friends count as actual socialization are the ones who suck.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Aramek posted:

Smartphones actually own though.

The people who think internet friends count as actual socialization are the ones who suck.

I thought we were friends :(

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

We are! It's just not actual socialization, and the use of it to supplant community/internal sense of belonging leads to a lot of people being colossal fuckups.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like Bojack but boy it’s tough to watch at times.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Bojack has more real drama and emotional depth than like 90% of live action shows.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
And now I’m low key watching Bojack at work and it is too real

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If you want a good cartoon about people with emotions, just watch Mob Psycho 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

People in 2019 still use old 2000 era flip phones so they can set themselves up for a smug lecture on "Real Human Contact" and how they are above a phone ruling their lives every time anyone asks them why they are using a 20 year old phone.

Those people are similar to the people who have to thoughtfully swill their glasses of wine before lecturing everyone on how stupid and pointless a comic book movie is, when they care the most about it since they are crafting an identity around hating it and make it a point to tell everyone how little they care.

People like that have always existed but it's a more recent problem due to the invention of the internet and media properties becoming worldwide sensations, so you can condescend and be smugly superior to more people, more often than ever before.