Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I love Nunez I’d definitely drop Bour for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Twin Cinema posted:

Should I burn my #1 WW spot on Flaherty? Someone also dropped Mikolas.

I dropped Mikolas. He's just too much of a contact picther to be worthy of rostering in anything 12 teams or less if he's not pitching well. If he's not rolling with an ERA and WHIP under like 3.50/1.15, he's just not getting enough Ks/Ws/QS to really be an asset. it's one thing if he was one of those guys with a 4.00 ERA but a 10.50 k/9, a k/9 under 6 just isn't gonna cut it for a guy with an ERA over 5. He's only a hold in 14 teamers or 12 teamers with deep benches imho. if you're in a 10 teamer or less or a 12 teamer with shallow benches/a lot of injuries, i would cut him without hesitation

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I dropped Mikolas. He's just too much of a contact picther to be worthy of rostering in anything 12 teams or less if he's not pitching well. If he's not rolling with an ERA and WHIP under like 3.50/1.15, he's just not getting enough Ks/Ws/QS to really be an asset. it's one thing if he was one of those guys with a 4.00 ERA but a 10.50 k/9, a k/9 under 6 just isn't gonna cut it for a guy with an ERA over 5. He's only a hold in 14 teamers or 12 teamers with deep benches imho. if you're in a 10 teamer or less or a 12 teamer with shallow benches/a lot of injuries, i would cut him without hesitation
Now do Hendricks

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Simpsons Reference posted:

Now do Hendricks

Thought Hendricks was a good buy low candidate so I traded for him in my home league. Ride or die

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I used a waiver claim on Hendricks in one of my leagues.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Can't buy low if you drafted him in all leagues. :smithicide:

I took him last year too and traded him way before he turned it around in the second half

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Now do Hendricks

Hendricks Ks more than Mikolas for sure (still not great, but servicable) and has a better track record. I would definitely give him a little more leash but I wouldn't trade for/drop anyone of relative importance to get him

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cool to miss an entire week's worth of production from Anthony Rendon. Could have put him on the IL but nope just let him linger on the bench this entire week :bravo:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the nats do not know how the il works and they never have. they've done this multiple times in the past. it's baffling

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Might need him to pinch hit!

What about his elbow? You hit the ball with a bat, not your arms.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The A's said Lou Trivino is "too important" to put on the IL. He's been day to day since April 17th.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That’s the reason why MLB and the players union made the 10 day IL so teams would stop doing this.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I sure enjoy never starting Yandy Diaz ever

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Reynaldo Lopez struck out 14 batters in 6 innings.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I should've known an analytics-oriented team like the Rays wouldn't use a traditional closer. Smart IRL but very irritating for fantasy.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The solution is to own every Rays pitcher.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol holy poo poo Treinen

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
More like Carter Kaboom

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Man I dunno what the gently caress to do about deGrom. I doubt I can trade him for even a lateral move right now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

Man I dunno what the gently caress to do about deGrom. I doubt I can trade him for even a lateral move right now.

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/49364/playertrades?type=player&pid=9701

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
There's a lot of griping and arguing in my Goon Keeper League. Fun!!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)
You are not in this league. (Error #150)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)
You are not in this league. (Error #150)

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Tag yourself.

I'm the one trading deGrom, Yelich, and Snell for Barnes, Meadows, Vlad, and Lowe

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tag yourself.

I'm the one trading deGrom, Yelich, and Snell for Barnes, Meadows, Vlad, and Lowe

Yeah that one jumped out at me too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm the guy moving deGrom+ for Gallo and K Davis because gently caress average gimme DINGERS

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I'm the guy moving deGrom for Conforto/Velasquez, for reasons

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm the NY baseball team homer who realized the error of my ways and is now trading DeGrom, Judge, Sanchez, Wheeler, and Stanton for like a dozen players including Trout.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Some guy in one league is trying hard to buy low on Thor. Their latest offer is Strop + Soroka, which I'm not considering, but I am legit worried that something's wrong with Syndergaard.

DeGrom I thought was pitching well until his most recent start?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

There's a lot of griping and arguing in my Goon Keeper League. Fun!!

it's just one guy having an incredible meltdown

The Pussy Boss posted:

DeGrom I thought was pitching well until his most recent start?

He hasn't recovered from being shamed by the Twins juggernaut

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

IcePhoenix posted:

it's just one guy having an incredible meltdown

Is he even a goon? This is an epic meltdown.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I didn't have enough goons to fill the league so I had to borrow from previous leagues and take pretty much whoever wanted in. I may replace certain people (not naming names or making guarantees) with Goons next year though.

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I think we all learned a valuable lesson today, and that is that I have multiple personality disorder and am actually everyone else in the league except for Robert. So quit talking to me selves!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anthony Rendon out of the lineup again today :rip:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

just tried moving goldschmidt and vogelbach for gallo and degrom in my obp/qs league. no dice :smith:

i love/hate playing in leagues with smart managers. i need to get in on some of these yahoo ones. almost all of those ones in that yahoo image are complete jokes.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 30, 2019

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
A summary for those not in that league? Sounds hilarious

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abel Wingnut posted:

i love/hate playing in leagues with smart managers. i need to get in on some of these yahoo ones. almost all of those ones in that yahoo image are complete jokes.

Probably because no smart manager would make a "fair" trade for him right now. I'm sure if ESPN had a similar feature you'd find some awful trades for him there as well.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the_american_dream posted:

A summary for those not in that league? Sounds hilarious

scroll up to ice phoenix's post with the screenshot

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Mallex Smith, who stole 40 bags last year and I own 3 shares of, got sent down to AAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The Pussy Boss posted:

Mallex Smith, who stole 40 bags last year and I own 3 shares of, got sent down to AAA

Only one share in my home league but he’s my main steals source. Have some team speed (Albies, Lindor, Domingo Santana, Niko Goodrum) but Mallex will be hard to replace. Gonna stash him and hope it’s a two week thing.