Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I wouldn't pass many "hardcore leftist" tests but I will say that, among the americans that WOULD or at least come as close as I would, a good portion of them are Jewish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

nankeen posted:

what really breaks my heart is that there are very few segments of the american population more sincerely patriotic and dedicated to their country than the american jews. anybody who was chased there between 1850 and 2000 loves the place, loving loves it, will not hear a word against it. they are worse than texans, they love america so much more deeply than any white supremacist can even claim to

Most heartfelt “America is the best country in the world” I’ve ever heard was the time we were reading Night in 7th grade and my teacher arranged for a camp survivor to come talk to the class.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mPazYL5Nks

awesome

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

nankeen posted:

i honestly don't know if i should be trying to convince people to move out of america at this point. i think australia is safer purely because of our gun laws, but all the same hate is still there and it's only a matter of time before it happens here. and where else can we go? there's literally nowhere left now except the unmapped tundra and maybe antarctica

there's no country safe from people

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

there's no country safe from people

You seem exceptionally down this week I hope everything is okay. :ohdear:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

For a break from hellworld Tim Robinson's new show "I think you should leave" on Netflix is extremely good and the best sketch comedy since Key and Peele.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I mean key and peele is the most recent sketch comedy show so that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Key and Peele was loving brilliant and I'm putting this up there with them

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I did love key and peele but I have it behind the whitest kids u know and chappelles show.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

This one made me laugh as hard as I did during the heyday of Chapelle. It's not just rehashing gags and it is not overcomplicated. it takes harris wittels' philosophy of "motherfuckers just wanna laugh" to heart.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
key and peele was very much the product of former mad tv writers

whether that's praise or criticism is up to you

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/KuvGGoj.mp4

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
saw the new avengers movie out of societal obligation and came away very glad i hadn't bothered to watch the captain marvel movie

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

saw the new avengers movie out of societal obligation and came away very glad i hadn't bothered to watch the captain marvel movie

isn't societal obligation the reason everyone sees those movies

grimes really commits to a persona, huh

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 29, 2019

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
flamingos :unsmith:

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
nobody ask if i've seen one planet. yes i've seen one planet

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i just want to be able to think about baby flamingos without tearing up :smith:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
its called our planet

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
lol i could have sworn it was one, i was pretty drunk when i watched it

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
my girlfriend fucks it up every time she talks about it but she's been sober every time we've watched it so no excuse.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i've liked it but i would really like to see a dedicated climbing special on those extreme sports walruses though doing that crazy free solo poo poo

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
call it the dawn walrus

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

exmarx looking a little more flabby than I had originally assumed

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

call it the dawn walrus
:gonk: walruses have been one of my very favourite animals from an early age

the only consolation is that the annual walrus suicide is going to turn those rocks into some weird new biodiversity hotspot

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I actually think the stories it’s setting up could be cooler and more interesting than the previous ones have been.

Captain Marvel was okay. Though people noticed that she started wearing obvious makeup in between her origin movie and Endgame; the actual reason is that they filmed Endgame before her origin movie and they only decided to give her a more natural look after that but I’d like to see the deleted sequence where in the middle of being an extremely powerful cosmic hero she stops by an intergalactic Sephora

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
there were bits of the movie that really were neat, but that kind of just made me feel sad that the majority of the mcu has been a boring grey blob

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

there were bits of the movie that really were neat, but that kind of just made me feel sad that the majority of the mcu has been a boring grey blob

this reminds me of that article about food scientists at the doritos factory who figured out the optimal amount of flavor to add so that it never triggers a satiety response no matter how much you consume

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUB-3lud60

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

this reminds me of that article about food scientists at the doritos factory who figured out the optimal amount of flavor to add so that it never triggers a satiety response no matter how much you consume

Brb writing a movie about an average man becoming a communist revolutionary in order to demand socialized full-flavor Doritos.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

isn't societal obligation the reason everyone sees those movies

I like the colour and movement.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/briancgrubb/status/1107669430996291585

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i loving. hate. all superhero

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
when i am king all the comic book people, the video game people, the fantasy novel people, the twitter people, all those people, th

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

nankeen posted:

when i am king all the comic book people, the video game people, the fantasy novel people, the twitter people, all those people, th

Deus vult

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

nankeen posted:

so you want to become disney?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Still thinking about hypothetical full-strength Doritos

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

He'd be a good Disney tbh. Do it!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012