Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I think that was meant to read saskatoon and barrie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cross postin from the trump thread

Fuckin canada geese

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm torn, some people say they taste like old tires and some people say they don't.

personally, i hope they don't because they look like good eating

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

i'm torn, some people say they taste like old tires and some people say they don't.

personally, i hope they don't because they look like good eating

I'd say they share the texture more than the taste.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
oh, so just do 'em slow and low, like duck

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

oh, so just do 'em slow and low, like duck

If helps separate the fibers but they're still ropey. Once it's chewable, the taste is basically gamey liver.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Maybe if the geese start eating better trash??

(like saskatoon berries)

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Tighclops posted:

all you coffee drinkers need to develop a real drug problem

I whiskey up my coffee whenever I can

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

have never understood saskatoon berry love. They are like blueberries that taste like wet cardboard unless helped by tons of sugar. Just use blueberries and move on.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

have never understood saskatoon berry love. They are like blueberries that taste like wet cardboard unless helped by tons of sugar. Just use blueberries and move on.

exactly. I used to visit relatives in sask yearly and was subjected to saskatoon berry pies all the time and they were godawful. They would make excellent blueberry pies so it wasnt skill, it was the terrible berries.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:airquote:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Jun 16, 2021

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The truth hurts!!!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Western alienation as defined by an axis measuring love for lovely berries

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Another axis defined by approval for Pierre Trudeau

A perfect inverse relationship. Saskatoons are anti Trudeau fuel

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Postess with the Mostest posted:

If helps separate the fibers but they're still ropey. Once it's chewable, the taste is basically gamey liver.

Hmmm... yeah, that doesn't sound like good eating TBH

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Saskatoon berries have basically the same nutritional value as blueberries but more fibre so if they came from Brazil instead of the prairies they would be heralded as a new superfood

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Might have to take the mention of healthcare out of the thread title soon.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

today in weird liberal astroturfing: a tweet definitely written by a grandmother

https://twitter.com/merry123459/status/1122143129870721024
lpc twitter is some poo poo i tell you what

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

pretty much any name followed by a random string of numbers is a bot

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Saskatoon berries have basically the same nutritional value as blueberries but more fibre so if they came from Brazil instead of the prairies they would be heralded as a new superfood

i think people have tried

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

today in weird liberal astroturfing: a tweet definitely written by a grandmother

https://twitter.com/merry123459/status/1122143129870721024

Im the woke af pensioner taking a poo poo all over incels and jealous women.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Mildred, age 79: Epic pipelines, for the win? No, this ain't it, chief! :clap emoji:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Saskatoon berries are trash. Spread the word so prices stay low.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

CommonShore posted:

Saskatoon berries are trash. Spread the word so prices stay low.

I'd tell someone but the population density in Saskachewan is only 1.8/sq km

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
manitoba prediction: brian pallister is going to call a snap election next week with an election date of july 2nd. they will probably win a majority and use the mandate to start privatizing the remaining MB crown corps

province wants more private sellers of liquor and less markups
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/private-liquor-markup-beer-manitoba-mandate-letters-1.5117165

province tells MPI that auto insurance cant be sold online without involving private brokers
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/brokers-must-be-involved-manitoba-public-insurance-1.5117383

DariusLikewise has issued a correction as of 22:42 on Apr 30, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/alberta-s-new-premier-says-he-won-t-turn-off-the-taps-to-b-c-right-away-1.5117362

lol he is never going to follow through on this and everyone with a brain knows it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

He said the Trudeau carbon tax was better than the provincial one as well. It's just like with Harper, say anything to the base so he can get the keys and then wait for the donors to tell him what to do.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

DariusLikewise posted:

manitoba prediction: brian pallister is going to call a snap election next week with an election date of july 2nd. they will probably win a majority and use the mandate to start privatizing the remaining MB crown corps

province wants more private sellers of liquor and less markups
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/private-liquor-markup-beer-manitoba-mandate-letters-1.5117165

province tells MPI that auto insurance cant be sold online without involving private brokers
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/brokers-must-be-involved-manitoba-public-insurance-1.5117383

:smithicide:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

gently caress off Kenney you assclown

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Shits just gonna get worse and worse until bc has had enough and closes it's borders

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

Ugh already with the conservative script of "Sure, we just made horrible poo poo possible, but it's the last thing we'd want to do.

I mean, it's critically important to us that we could do it, if we wanted to. But we won't do it. Unless you make us. In fact, the other people are the horrible ones, for making us have to do this thing we probably won't do but absolutely are willing and now able to accomplish.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I really dont see why Albertans dont understand that BC assuming a lot of risk both with the pipeline and tanker traffic along with damaging relationships with indigenous groups in order to let Alberta take all the money is probably something were not especially keen on.

oh its because they are stupid.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Thanks for showing your true colours (not that we didnt already know) in order to prop up a dying industry, Alberta!

Enjoy your post apocalyptic climate change ravaged dustbowl.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
hypothetically in the scenario where Alberta "turns off the taps" doesn't that also mean they're voluntarily giving up yet more oil industry jobs that would otherwise be selling oil to BC, and just betting that they can hold out without that income longer than BC can hold out paying more to import oil from somewhere else?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah the Washington state governor has already said hell help out with gas imports.

also BC exports a lot of natural gas to Alberta which they need to process their stupid bitumen so.. haha get rekt

Overall it is just a stupid rallying cry to fire up the MAGA (Make Alberta..) CHUDs and Kenney will never actually implement anything like shutting off the taps.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

vyelkin posted:

hypothetically in the scenario where Alberta "turns off the taps" doesn't that also mean they're voluntarily giving up yet more oil industry jobs that would otherwise be selling oil to BC, and just betting that they can hold out without that income longer than BC can hold out paying more to import oil from somewhere else?

Yeah. I mean, no oil from Alberta being pipelined over your province is an ideal scenario for lots of Canadians.

I'm not sure Albertans understand this.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao horgan should pass turn off the taps legislation and just laugh and laugh and laugh

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

Thanks for showing your true colours (not that we didnt already know) in order to prop up a dying industry, Alberta!

Enjoy your post apocalyptic climate change ravaged dustbowl.

OUR, post apocalyptic climate change ravaged dustbowl.

I can't imagine BC will figure out how to air condition their whole province

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Kenney was literally funded by car salesmen and anti-abortion groups. He does not care if the pipelines are built or the carbon tax is repealed, those were just talking points to rally up the ignorant for his cause.

Fashionable Jorts has issued a correction as of 18:00 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Powershift posted:

OUR, post apocalyptic climate change ravaged dustbowl.

I can't imagine BC will figure out how to air condition their whole province

well be underwater

wtf why is awful app loving with apostrophes