Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Sakurazuka posted:

What do I need to do to play DGS in English on my (UK) 3DS?

You need to install CFW on your 3DS, if you haven't. Then you either need to buy the game physically or find the ROM and run it somehow.

I didnt want to mod my 3DS, so I used the android release. Maybe another poster could help you with this though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013

Meallan posted:

drat, that first case in DGS was amazing. If the game keeps it up it's definitely going to be one of my favourites.

The next case introduces one of my favorite additions to an ace attorney game.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Sakurazuka posted:

What do I need to do to play DGS in English on my (UK) 3DS?

If you're not on a custom firmware, follow these instructions to install B9S and Luma3DS: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
If you have an old DS flashcard lying around you can probably use the ntrboot method, which is preferrable as it's super fast and simple. Otherwise use Seedminer.

Then get the game, you can import a physical copy on ebay for example. Or however else you want to get it.

Then get the patch from here and follow the install instructions: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS1-3DS-Release/tree/master

If you need any help just ask!

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 28, 2019

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Why are all magicians in this series giant assholes? First Max Galactica, then the Gramaryes.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

They're counterbalanced by the existence of Trucy Wright

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Troupe Gramarye? More like Troupe rear end in a top hat

(except for Thalassa)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Color Printer posted:

Troupe Gramarye? More like Troupe rear end in a top hat

(except for Thalassa)

are you sure?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The first game ended up being dirt simple and mostly pretty dumb. I remember the trials being far more in depth. Even Turnabout Goodbyes only has one or two moments that require any thought from the player.

Rose From the Ashes is far better so I'm hoping JFA and T&T are as good as I remember them being.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Sometimes I think about what a crime it is that when they remastered the soundtracks for the DS releases, they clearly messed up on some tracks and they sound way worse. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZ3IhVFsvk

This has way more energy than the DS version.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Tired Moritz posted:

are you sure?

She waited how long to make her existence known to her children again?

Amppelix posted:

Sometimes I think about what a crime it is that when they remastered the soundtracks for the DS releases, they clearly messed up on some tracks and they sound way worse. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZ3IhVFsvk

This has way more energy than the DS version.

The DS versions were my first exposure to the series and even I thought the T&T pursuit theme sounded a bit off compared to the two previous ones.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 28, 2019

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
DGS second case spoilers: How many mentor characters must this series kill before its satisfied. I was seeing it coming when the dude started going "MY HEARTFELT REQUEST" but I thought I had seen an alternate sprite for asougi so I wasnt sure he would die. Maybe it was from a flashback? Or a weird fever dream.

Also lmao at his request being to stow Ryu on the boat with him.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

If you're not on a custom firmware, follow these instructions to install B9S and Luma3DS: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
If you have an old DS flashcard lying around you can probably use the ntrboot method, which is preferrable as it's super fast and simple. Otherwise use Seedminer.

Then get the game, you can import a physical copy on ebay for example. Or however else you want to get it.

Then get the patch from here and follow the install instructions: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS1-3DS-Release/tree/master

If you need any help just ask!

Cheers

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Are all 3DS firmwares hackable? I'm not sure what firmware I'm on but it's probably one of the latest ones and I'd love to play DGS

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

If you just want to play, if you have any sort of recent PC it can definitely run an android emulator which will be much simpler to set up than CFW. And the game will look better!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Are all 3DS firmwares hackable? I'm not sure what firmware I'm on but it's probably one of the latest ones and I'd love to play DGS

Yes, all firmwares are hackable at the moment. Will probably stay that way forever, too, as the current exploit is essentially unfixable with software updates, and they're not gonna release a hardware revision at this point.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I could’ve sworn everyone hated the Sherlock crossover when it came out. I gotta check it out now

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

the_american_dream posted:

I could’ve sworn everyone hated the Sherlock crossover when it came out. I gotta check it out now

Nah people just didn't like the Layton crossover. DGS was just never localized.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

People certainly had a lot of Opinions on the idea of their versions of Sherlock and Watson but barely anyone in the west has actually played it until now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The only real complaints i've seen is that apparently the first game feels like it doesn't resolve enough and leaves a lot for the sequel hook.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Argue posted:

I can't believe I never noticed until now that she has two big decorative jelly doughnuts on her hat.

those are onigiri

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
actually, those are hamburgers

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

DGS Case 3

I'm sorry, why is Count Dracula prosecuting this case? Pfft.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
I'm sorry but small girl Watson is automatically better than any other possible iteration of Watson that there could be.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Meallan posted:

I'm sorry but small girl Watson is automatically better than any other possible iteration of Watson that there could be.

Lucy Liu has words for you.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah, to be fair, Lucy Liu's version is my favourite.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Am at the rise of the ashes right now and man the cough up queen aka lunchbox lady has committed an insane amount of perjury even for an Ace Attorney game.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Prosecutors can't be trusted.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ulio posted:

Am at the rise of the ashes right now and man the cough up queen aka lunchbox lady has committed an insane amount of perjury even for an Ace Attorney game.

Perjury usually means getting kicked out of court until the end of the day, and being invited back to tell the real truth the next day.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Can someone give me a hint for DGS1 Case 3?

Cross-examination with Gina and Megundal. I'm supposed to prove that Gina should have heard something in addition to Megundal's snoring, but I have absolutely no idea what. I figured they would want me to point out that the murder would have produced a scream from the victim or something, but that doesn't seem to be it?

e: Nevermind, got it. Had to present the profile of the victim.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 30, 2019

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but sometimes it feels like you solve a certain part of the case but the game won't accept the answer until you get to a certain point in the trial. Like in one of the cases I already knew it was impossible for the witness to witness the crime with her current testimony and I kept presenting the right evidence but that only became relevant in a following testimony.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ulio posted:

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but sometimes it feels like you solve a certain part of the case but the game won't accept the answer until you get to a certain point in the trial. Like in one of the cases I already knew it was impossible for the witness to witness the crime with her current testimony and I kept presenting the right evidence but that only became relevant in a following testimony.

Yep you're not alone there, it happens from time to time and is one of the few frustrating things that can happen when playing.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
DGS Case 2 spoilers : Well this case was so drat sad.

Absolutely loved the new investigation mechanic with Sherlock. Might be my favourite in the series so far.

Is there any consensus on whatever is Sherlock taking the piss with Ryu with his bad conclusions? Hes super observant anyway though, but at the end he seemed to get his poo poo all together and was waiting for Ryu to get there too.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ulio posted:

Can only ever think of

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I hope the next game let's you play as Athena more often.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SardonicTyrant posted:

I hope the next game let's you play as phoenix wright more often.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I hope the next game lets you play as the new lawyer at the agency, Zeus or Poseidon or Hades or something.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Heracles.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Just finished AA2 on the PC trilogy and god drat that last case was a rollercoaster.

gently caress you Matt Engarde you detestable piece of poo poo.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i hate him more than any other character. even more than i hate apollo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

i hate him more than any other character. even more than i hate apollo