Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

i'm 45 mins in and this feels like it's been going for hours.

It's definitely got a duel of mustafar situation going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Wait wait wait, I didn't watch it yet, but are you guys all coming in on some big joke, or are you seriously, seriously, like, loving seriously telling me that the spoiler from last week is wrong and the loving night king dies by loving Arya?

As if. gently caress you. As if.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

COOL CORN posted:

How he die, I'm not watching til tomorrow

The Night King kills basically everyone and is in the Weirwood about to kill Bran oh no

Then Arya leaps out to stab him but he catches her in midair double oh no

So he drops her dagger but catches it with her other hand and stabs him. yay!

He dies all the zombies die double yay!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

it actually happened lmfao are you loving kidding me with this

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

5 days ago I was raging at the fake spoilers of the golden company doing a sneak attack and how stupid that would be

This blows that away so badly that I have to assume those pictures are edited out of order and the NK catches her spear with one hand or something and the dying Walker is from a different time in the ep

This is insane I'm gonna go super Saiyan with rage (especially if it's the dragonglass end that kills him not her valryian dagger)

someone promised a super saiyan

start blowing poo poo up monkey

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I do not understand the writers' decisions.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

lezard_valeth posted:

someone promised a super saiyan

start blowing poo poo up monkey

Buddy, the Phil Collins is ON LOOP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcp3tZ3XFyQ

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
HOLY poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

edit: wrong thread D:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Ague Proof posted:

I do not understand the writers' decisions.

I do. They realised they screwed up and can no longer go for "Best Fantasy Drama Award" so they decided to settle for "Best Anime 2019"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

e: am I in the wrong thread?

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
i'm really only watching to seee how dumb and bad this shits gonna be at this point

also war w cersei is evidently on the table even tho every scene post retreat to the walls showed everyone dead save main characters. next episode just gonna give us a big ole dothraki horde + spear boys + northerners anyway i'm assuming.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ghost definitely died.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Reminder that we had some "leaked spoilers" a year ago about a poop ending, some fan theory about NK being master tactician and pulling a bait and switch, some fake leaks teasing at a three way battle.

And somehow we ended up in the worst timeline possible

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Okay, what are the odds that next episode Arya wraps it up and kills Cersei real quick and the last two episodes are just them talking about how cool the series was?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I didn’t watch the episode just read the spoilers and oh my god is this really happening

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy plot armour Batman.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Man what the gently caress is this show doing

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
How are there three more episodes lmao. Wtf.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I bet the Tyrion execution leaks are real now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Goons Are Great posted:

Okay, what are the odds that next episode Arya wraps it up and kills Cersei real quick and the last two episodes are just them talking about how cool the series was?

The last two episodes are entirely the Starks traveling back to Winterfell in a wagon train so everybody can shut the gently caress up about people teleporting

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Thom12255 posted:

It probably works out great that he will never have to take any flak for the ending.

This 100%

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

showrunners are hack frauds

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
I'm glad the Night King is dead.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
In the behind the scenes thing that airs after the show, DB or DB said they decided it would be Arya a few years ago so it's not even something GRRM gave him.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The dagger is the real mastermind, it's the king of the faceless men.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ghost lived?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Cersei: I'm going to wait and fight whoever the winner is

Nerds: Oooooooh the NK is probably gonna sneak past Winterfell and attack KL. That was what Bran's vision was about

D&D: No, we actually did spoil you how this whole thing will go down. We don't do subterfuge.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I don't even care that they had Arya do it in the most anime way possible, but if she killed the NK then why does Jon exist?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I don't know anything really about screenwriting or storytelling, but Arya ganking the NK like that seemed so terribly unearned. Arya has felt like a complete Mary Sue the moment she left Braavos and this is like the perfect cherry on top, literally flying in from off-screen while surrounded by hundreds of wights to do a sweet knife trick and gut-stab the badguy.

I have generally been pretty positive about GoT and have enjoyed the show overall, and there were certainly some fun sequences in this episode too, but I almost don't even care what happens with Cersei anymore. After skeleton tsunamis, dragons fighting above the clouds, and an anime kid killing the main villain of the show, how am I supposed to be bothered about some tedious bullshit with Euron and the mercenaries.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Mat Cauthon posted:

I don't even care that they had Arya do it in the most anime way possible, but if she killed the NK then why does Jon exist?

He has to be there together with Jaime to get blown up by Euron's last laugh attack.

Also to have Kit Harington look over a poop covered Dany when he raids KL and give us his best attempt at a :mad: face

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Three episodes left, right?

I assume next one is the fallout form this one, ep. 5 the battle in KL, and the finale.

... I hope at least they have Dany embrace the Targ madness. A clean loving ending WHERE THERE IS STILL A loving FEUDAL SYSTEM would be the worst and is totally what is going to happen

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Scoss posted:

I don't know anything really about screenwriting or storytelling, but Arya ganking the NK like that seemed so terribly unearned. Arya has felt like a complete Mary Sue the moment she left Braavos and this is like the perfect cherry on top, literally flying in from off-screen while surrounded by hundreds of wights to do a sweet knife trick and gut-stab the badguy.

I love your Last Jedi YouTube vids! Got linked to one off a Ben Shapiro video.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 29, 2019

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

lezard_valeth posted:

He has to be there together with Jaime to get blown up by Euron's last laugh attack.

Also to have Kit Harington look over a poop covered Dany when he raids KL and give us his best attempt at a :mad: face

I think I remember reading that particular leak a long time ago? I really hope it's not real, because I would die of laughter if they actually go with that ending.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
look who is having an existential meltdown

https://twitter.com/sweetrobin9000/status/1122691568241127424

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Two years ago i saw some mega spoiler leak of the entire second half of the last season but as things happen I can't remember if they were predicted or if i'm now remembering them as predicted.

Does anyone have a huge season long leak that isn't proven dogshit by now? And if so was it the one that says gendry becomes king?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

bobjr posted:

Ghost lived?

You bet your rear end he did

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

That’s a dumb analogy. This is like chapter 6 of the last book. Fuckin weirdo. The amount of internet people baffled by basic story telling is, well, frankly unsurprising.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

If you think that breakdown's good check out the Protomen version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7agiqfuQmQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

DrNutt posted:

How are there three more episodes lmao. Wtf.

Not just three more episodes, but extra-long ones like this was