Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

InFlames235 posted:

Regardless if all the buildup over the years got resolved in this episode, I thought it was loving amazing. Arya saving the world is the twist I needed to see. Loved it!

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

It's too bad no one had a dragon glass tipped arrow and could have sniped the night king. Maybe one of those badass Dothraki that shoot arrows from horses could have sniped him from the back of Drogon like 5 minutes in. Ah well. Still cool.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Wait was that the end of the white walker zombie thing? Lol if so

23 years for that?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So there is all the fun Prince that was Promised and azor ahai stuff, but would there be any one of old nans fun tales that could justify Arya being the one to merk the night king?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Had to get Mel topless one last time, naturally :v:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

You guys who wanted the whole thing to be night king are out of your minds. Cersei has always been the central antagonist of the show and its good that they are getting back to human versus human conflict to wrap it up.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Panzeh posted:

I was kinda hoping for it to be bran warging one of the night king's goons to murk him or something, or maybe arya disguising herself as one of them. I didn't expect it to be her jumping out of nowhere.

ya i was expecting one zombie kinda wandering towards the night king, and him waving his hand at him and then looking at his hand curiously as the zombie kept creeping closer...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Xanderkish posted:

This show really is realistic.

It was a great bit of comedy. Really all 3 of the Jon Snow dealing with the ice dragon scenes were.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

wyoak posted:

Night King has always been a dumb enemy so I’m glad they got rid of him

Yeah, I never cared for the zombies on any level at all. Glad that's over with. I was afraid there would be more episodes of this poo poo. Good way to end it: with a good ol' dickstab.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

mastershakeman posted:

Both dragons living through that is dumb as gently caress

I’m pretty sure only one survived

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Harlock posted:

Bran: *anime agape face*

Arya: Its my new move.. I call it instant transmission

they also did the classic DBZ "attack the enemy with your biggest attack and then be shocked when he's just standing there when the smoke clears" thing

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

some guy on the bus posted:

Wait was that the end of the white walker zombie thing? Lol if so

23 years for that?

back to medieval realpolitik for another 25 eps

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Mental Hospitality posted:

It's too bad no one had a dragon glass tipped arrow and could have sniped the night king. Maybe one of those badass Dothraki that shoot arrows from horses could have sniped him from the back of Drogon like 5 minutes in. Ah well. Still cool.

boom headshot.gif

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I was hard the whole time. loving great.

Not sure why Bran had to warg into a bunch of ravens during the battle. Seemed... Absolutely useless.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It was amazing how much better the Scene with Arya in the library was compared the one of her being Legolas and killing like 20 zombies in a minute

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Sydin posted:

How is anything involving Cersei not going to feel like an insane anti-climax after this?
That’s been the problem with the books and tv show since the prologue of book 1

Like you’ve got all this political intrigue and also you’ve got a dumb zombie army

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

a new study bible! posted:

You guys who wanted the whole thing to be night king are out of your minds. Cersei has always been the central antagonist of the show and its good that they are getting back to human versus human conflict to wrap it up.

like a game involving a throne?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a new study bible! posted:

Yeah I mean I prefer that but, uh

Night King felt so final boss, the whole "Winter is Coming" thing y'know

Like, they couldn't make that Episode 5?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Like, on the one hand, I feel like this series has been about subverting expectations since the first season, and this episode felt like what the series had been building up to from the first scene, and now it's over and we still have 3-4 hours left to go.

On the other, I feel like there's some big twist still coming where the Great War isn't entirely over yet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm trying to think of the last time I've instinctively laughed this hard at an ending being so poo poo and it really hasn't been since "Dexter ends with him being a lumberjack"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mastershakeman posted:

Both dragons living through that is dumb as gently caress

Rhaegal's dead I think. Got chopped up pretty bad by wight Viserion.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
For real though episode was actually pretty good all things considered, I just like harping on the dumb poo poo.

Arya killing the NK while Jon does jack poo poo is pretty hilarious though lol

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Theres no way that littler dragon survived, and the dead one is dead now, I think it's only drogon. Who Bronn nearly solo'd.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Panzeh posted:

Same, Cersei getting merked is a more satisfying way to end the series anyway.

Yeah the series that opens on a white walker attack and has been building toward a world ending prophecy needs to end on some nobody with a fancy last name being killed.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Where did the night king get so many guys anyway, are they all just wildlings

PostNouveau posted:

It was a great bit of comedy. Really all 3 of the Jon Snow dealing with the ice dragon scenes were.

Piano scene dubbed over with yakkety sax would be pretty funny tbh

Anyway the more I think about it the more disappointed I am in bran specifically, all he did was sit there and squint, I expected at least like some kind of cool magic beam or something

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

So who died? Night Watch guy whose name I forget, little girl Mormont, Jorah Mormont, Beric Dondarrion, Melisandre, and Theon?

lmao at Anime Stark with the flying dagger. wow Night King thought you were pretty tough but you forgot about one thing - a super quiet girl who is real sneaky!!!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Night King shoulda listened to me when I told him to go down to King's Landing first where they weren't ready. Now he'll forever be in shame and always appear on "Top 10 most embarrassing losses in fantasy" by losing on your first attempt to take out a major city.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Aside from very questionable battle tactics, every main character having plot armour and the incredibly anime ending, I actually enjoyed this episode!

there that's my hot take for the got thread

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jon kinda looked like a chump here. He should've gotten to slay a dragon at least if he wasn't gonna kill NK.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So who actually died? It was kinda hard to tell.

-Edd (nights watch guy)
-Theon
-Jorah
-Grey worm?

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

LegionAreI posted:

Why would you head on charge all your calvary into the dark instead of using them to flank, great plan assholes

lmao seriously, what on earth was this?

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Aggro posted:

I’m pretty sure only one survived

They had 2 in the preview for episodes to come

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm honestly so disappointed. I'm no book reader, but I was along for the ride from S1E1, and this is just such a loving let down.

- The dothraki going out first and just getting massacred was not something that any tactician from all of the major living armies would have ever said was a good idea.
- The episode basically portrayed the Unsullied getting massacred over the following 15 minutes, yet the preview of the next episode is showing a whole column of Unsullied marching along.
- The battles on the ramparts were shown with basically just main characters, almost giving the impression that they were down to several hundred troops left at best. And now you're telling me, we are going down to King's Landing to take on the Golden Company and their 20k troops?
- The WW threat was there from the first minute of the show, and the final boss is loving Cersei. I mean, come the gently caress on. It was obvious that the battle of WF being Episode 3, that they would beat the NK and end in King's Landing, but it's just such a disappointing way to end the show honestly.
-The Cheesy Arya bullshit is annoying as gently caress too. Like why in the actual gently caress did the NK even need to go in? Like we didn't even see the White Walkers fight throughout that whole battle. Send them in and have them do whatever the gently caress with Bran(which still isn't even made clear) while you ride Viserion around safely.
- It's just dumb and disappointing all the way through.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/banalplay/status/1122687713034100736

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: @ Jon Snow charging the dead dragon, the dead dragon turning toward him, and then him having to turn around and run right the gently caress away.

Jon was learning its patterns

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Sydin posted:

How is anything involving Cersei not going to feel like an insane anti-climax after this?

Sort of like kissing your sister I guess.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The Berzerker posted:

So who died? Night Watch guy whose name I forget, little girl Mormont, Jorah Mormont, Beric Dondarrion, Melisandre, and Theon?

lmao at Anime Stark with the flying dagger. wow Night King thought you were pretty tough but you forgot about one thing - a super quiet girl who is real sneaky!!!

Like they couldn't have her use a disguise or anything? That would have been way cooler.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

robot roll call posted:

Did they? Jon's got pretty hosed up

Preview for next week shows both. It's insane, , viseroian got re resurrected I guess???

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Looks like both dragons are alive in the previews. I guess it kinda makes sense: Jon getting two of Dany's dragons killed would probably be a :sever: moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

That episode was great. Television Bran could be completely excised from the series and not impact the story in any meaningful way beyond setting up the Lannisters as villains.