Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Death was pretty easy to defeat lol
Loved that suicide dothraki charge and choosing to fight the battle outside the keep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

ethanol posted:

Crypt awakening with no headless Ned? Wha the

Yeah it was pretty toothless. Shameful.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They must really have hated the Dothraki.

"OK here's the plan. You guys go die alone"

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

bradzilla posted:

Meh. The way they filmed this episode was infuriating. All the fog and snow made it nearly impossible to tell what was happening for 3/4 of the episode.

Genius way to save a lot of money lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Bran wargs to 2018. Trump is president. He wargs back and lets the zombies win.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
the one good thing was that the dagger goes full circle.

dragon fight was OK

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

What was with Jon moving through the courtyards and glancing around:
-Greyworm: gallant last stand
-Brienne: gallant last stand
-Sam: laying in a pile of wights simpering and stabbing

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

All the points I wanted to make re: strategic planning (giving up defensive positions, cavalry charge into a horde of unknown composition and numbers, hiding the most vulnerable next to dead bodies against the guy whose whole thing is "raises dead bodies", etc.) have been made but Jesus usually I can suspend disbelief but it was awful with this poo poo and clearly just desperation to save money during a huge night shoot. Half the time was shaky-cam + CGI blizzard, couldn't see anything. The moment a camera stabilized long enough to show any action it was a clear signal that someone was about to die.

Arya's kill was cool tho

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
This would've been way better if the NK started slow walking towards Bran and then BAM, a loving Oldsmobile falls out of the sky and crushes him. Then Bruce Campbell steps out and goes "Not this poo poo again."

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Did we ever see anything happen to Gendry?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

LadyPictureShow posted:

What was with Jon moving through the courtyards and glancing around:
-Greyworm: gallant last stand
-Brienne: gallant last stand
-Sam: laying in a pile of wights simpering and stabbing

I was impressed that he was the only protagonist I've ever seen in a fantasy ARPG to not get distracted by side quests

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yes, I'd rate the episode:

dimly-lit/10

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I enjoyed the episode. And my stream actually worked pretty well, surprisingly

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Zagazunt
Mar 4, 2018
Years of build up just to have Arya be deus ex anime the NK

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tom Tucker posted:

I was impressed that he was the only protagonist I've ever seen in a fantasy ARPG to not get distracted by side quests

Hahaha, great point.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Shoutout to the thousands of Dothraki who did what no Dothraki has ever done and crossed the great poison water to get ruthlessly owned in 20 seconds.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

a new study bible! posted:

he was the blurry dude on top of the hill of zombies with his hammer

imHitchens
Oct 24, 2012

harlequin macaw

Could have been worse, but the plot armor is thick. This was a prime opportunity before series end.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao sneak attack for 6x damage

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

he pounded the chik that killed the night king I hear

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Astroid posted:

Could have been worse, but the plot armor is thick. This was a prime opportunity before series end.

yea it was like a bunch of level 99 rpg guys

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My friend is desperately hoping this episode was all 'Bran's vision of how badly they'll gently caress up if they follow Jon's plan', and didn't actually happen.

fruity no gay
May 7, 2018

by Cyrano4747
stick em with the pointy end

fruity no gay
May 7, 2018

by Cyrano4747
is the good not-Drogon dragon dead?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LadyPictureShow posted:

My friend is desperately hoping this episode was all 'Bran's vision of how badly they'll gently caress up if they follow Jon's plan', and didn't actually happen.

LOL if they did the Twilight 5 ending

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well friends, verdict is in and apparently this was the most amazing and epic episode ever

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Shoutout to the thousands of Dothraki who did what no Dothraki has ever done and crossed the great poison water to get ruthlessly owned in 20 seconds.

I thought it was bad enough that it was a frontal charge AWAY from a defensive position, sacrificing your only mobile land-based fighters, in the dead of night into an unseen enemy of unknown composition and unknown number, but then I remembered that it was essentially just giving the undead army an even BIGGER army and they would have been better just telling the Dothraki to gently caress off, at least then there'd be fewer dead people. Inexplicable charge. Send out skirmishing parties if you want to delay the undead advance, which gives the added bonus of giving you some intel on the enemy position.

Idiots. Where should we put our siege equipment oh I dunno how about IN FRONT of the infantry!?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

maker posted:

Death was pretty easy to defeat lol
Loved that suicide dothraki charge and choosing to fight the battle outside the keep

that beginning owned then it just became the snow storm episode with a bad ending

arya is basically a mythical creature because she knew a guy from a failed religion and learned to steal fruit

then after her..blood dripping making enough noise to alert the dumbest low level zombies, she continues to use her no sound boots and kill the king of death, immune to dragon fire but not a dagger made from dragon fire

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jon yelling at the ice dragon

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
When Jorah came back from a suicide charge I thought he had plot armor but the writers sure fooled me!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Okay seriously Arya killed the Night King? ................are we super loving sure this isn't some fanfic?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

that aws so loving bad

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Hustlin Floh posted:

Well friends, verdict is in and apparently this was the most amazing and epic episode ever

i ripped my dick off and flung it somewhere,

It was a fun episode!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
The dragon fight reminded me of Transformers. Couldn't see poo poo, just a rolling ball of flailing fantasy nonsense.

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

fruity no gay posted:

is the good not-Drogon dragon dead?

apparently not actually

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Cowslips Warren posted:

are we super loving sure this isn't some fanfic?

That's exactly what it is.

What is Bran's superpower again? Here's an idea, how about he take control of the Stark Zombies to help defend - that would be a neat thing he could do. Nope, he just sits there and creeps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/TaavMAKi/status/1122693941244104704