Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think I'm going to hold off on Kiara until I run out of missions to run and score KP on since I intend on trying to do them all anyway. Hopefully I don't screw myself on time for the BB missions...

Kild posted:

How much challenge stuff have you done? He doesn't really shine in day to day stuff you can ideally 3 turn since his NP 'wastes' a card but in challenge quests he's Merlin that doesn't give you a bunch of NP.

I just use a friend's Merlin for those cases, though! My lineup for challenge content is typically Guest Merlin, Mash to shore up the defenses, and then my collection of heaviest hitting offensivve guys usually ending with CE Bond Herc

I can only imagine how easy Double Merlin or Merlin/Waver must be...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
has Genghis Khan ever been a Fate Character (read: anime girl)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think I'm going to hold off on Kiara until I run out of missions to run and score KP on since I intend on trying to do them all anyway. Hopefully I don't screw myself on time for the BB missions...

I just use a friend's Merlin for those cases, though! My lineup for challenge content is typically Guest Merlin, Mash to shore up the defenses, and then my collection of heaviest hitting offensivve guys usually ending with CE Bond Herc

I can only imagine how easy Double Merlin or Merlin/Waver must be...

But have you tried Hans + Merlin + Offensive Servant?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

Finally reached the epilogue. I hope the event making the app crash constantly hasn't caused any longterm damage.

MEANWHILE: Can someone just give me a rundown of what I need to buy to make the fight possible? Like, just lay it out for me, what's the bare minimum of KP I need to spend?

If you're patient enough, you can solo it with Medea Lily without any Kiara Punishers!

Omobono posted:

I HATE assassin bosses. Will we get an actually good dps caster sometimes down the line?
(I like Sanzang but she's not really up to par)

Screw it, I'll press the Herakles button.

Gologle posted:

OH HOLY poo poo, I just realized that Melt is getting weaker as the story progresses, because of the gameplay detail of her skills and NP degrading. That's a legitimately cool way of conveying information.

Yeah, it happens as soon as the second time she's a support. She's 90/NP5/10/10/10, then NP4 with level 8 skills.

Clawtopsy posted:

has Genghis Khan ever been a Fate Character (read: anime girl)

Nope.

dogsicle posted:

she's also the only offensive ruler and i think a lot of people assumed you'd fight BB more or Martha would be more useful in the event. extra slot is somewhat limited in terms of options for this event if you didn't pull an AE either.

Amakusa, though idk if he's gotten his buff on NA to be halfway decent yet.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 29, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Another limited Umu that I'll miss acquiring because Gacha is bad civilization. Yay :geno:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Down to the wire finish:

CCC is a really good story. I really enjoyed it.

Edit: I have 2 friend slots available.

UchihaHirou fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 29, 2019

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Alright.
At Camelot's conclusion. Fighting Lancer Artoria 2
I realize that I can't cross the finish line because I just do not have the team depth necessary to finish the job and some of my team spots are filled with dead-weight.
So I decide to level a new Saber (Caesar, because I don't have anybody better)
But I'm about out of Saber Pieces.
(Looks up how to get Saber Pieces)
1) AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH FUUUUUCK!
2) So I basically have to feed at least 300AP to the training grounds every time I want to level a servant from scratch? And may the Gods help me if their day was yesterday?

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Events usually have 20 pieces & 20 monuments each for 3-4 different classes available in the shop, plus sometimes they're also rewards for mission/node clears. That's the best way to get them, but when you're starting out sometimes you just have to suck it up and go to the training grounds.

e: Also, you should be able to easily beat her with a friend support Heracles using his bond CE, if you want to get past that fight without farming for new servants.

Darox fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 29, 2019

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Unfortunately I do not have that at my disposal.
Is he really better than Mordred/Saber Lancelot with that?

Edit: but yeah. Right now I'm galled because I'm not allowed in the cool event kids club. I was at the end of Okeanos before the 1/2 Ap event started.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 29, 2019

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The best hard counters to that fight are Mordred and Siegfried, though the story support Bedivere is also quite good. Other than those yea, look for a bond CE herc or maxed Cuzilla on your support list to carry the fight.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I had a Mordred support. Couldn't even do it then.
My Roster if you're curious (few of my skills are leveled because you need mats for that)
Mash - 70
Hans - 55
Fuuma - 50
D'eon - 70
Ibaraki-Doji - 70
Nursery Rhyme - 50
Cu'chulain - 50
Nobu - 70
Ushi - 50

Mash can do her thing, just not as well as I'd like. Fuuma can protect Mash for a turn, neuter her first NP then die, D'eon's a bucket of HP to absorb punishment, Hans does his thing, and then slot 6 is just a complete waste.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

I had a Mordred support. Couldn't even do it then.
My Roster if you're curious (few of my skills are leveled because you need mats for that)
Mash - 70
Hans - 55
Fuuma - 50
D'eon - 70
Ibaraki-Doji - 70
Nursery Rhyme - 50
Cu'chulain - 50
Nobu - 70
Ushi - 50

Mash can do her thing, just not as well as I'd like. Fuuma can protect Mash for a turn, neuter her first NP then die, D'eon's a bucket of HP to absorb punishment, Hans does his thing, and then slot 6 is just a complete waste.

Yeah, I'm gonna recommend a maxed out Herc with his bond CE and the Atlas Institute Uniform mystic code, with that plus a sacrifical George and Leonidas to fill out the front line and die quickly so Herc can buster brave chain every turn, if you use your invincibility from the mystic code and Herc's evade correctly you can solo Lartoria with just Herc.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Amakusa, though idk if he's gotten his buff on NA to be halfway decent yet.

ah yeah, i should've added ST in there. and you're right that he doesn't have his buff yet so his damage would be fairly wanting even compared to Martha.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ChrisBTY posted:

Edit: but yeah. Right now I'm galled because I'm not allowed in the cool event kids club. I was at the end of Okeanos before the 1/2 Ap event started.

I have some friend slots open still, and I just swapped my Berserker slot back to Herc with his bond CE, though I won't be able to accept any invites immediately since I'm at work. I'll try and check in a couple of times before my break in about 2.5 hours if I can, though.

Code is 688,761,063

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

ChrisBTY posted:

Alright.
At Camelot's conclusion. Fighting Lancer Artoria 2
I realize that I can't cross the finish line because I just do not have the team depth necessary to finish the job and some of my team spots are filled with dead-weight.
So I decide to level a new Saber (Caesar, because I don't have anybody better)
But I'm about out of Saber Pieces.
(Looks up how to get Saber Pieces)
1) AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH FUUUUUCK!
2) So I basically have to feed at least 300AP to the training grounds every time I want to level a servant from scratch? And may the Gods help me if their day was yesterday?

It was like that my first few months of playing. But you quickly build up an inexhaustible stockpile. For the past year and a half, I’ve never dropped below 50 of each piece. It’s only a concern if you’re a super whale who can get two or three new servants per banner.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

A bond CE Herc is really nice for boss fights, because his Bond CE gives him several free casts of Guts, and if he's the last one standing on the team then the enemy's turn will immediately end every time they kill him and trigger Guts. Between that, his evade, his Guts skill, and your mystic code, you can guarantee a solo Herc a minimum of six turns of wailing on the enemy with beefy Buster Brave combos. Start him paired with two taunters who take all the enemy's hits and die before their taunts run out, and that's a couple extra turns of damage.

It won't necessarily cut it for the really beefy break bar bosses that have been popping up lately, but Herc can definitely put out enough damage to crush Camelot's final boss before his time runs out.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Seeing people talk about a genghis khan servant made me remember that time my GF designed some for fun, I think they're pretty cool

https://twitter.com/InstantFruitey/status/888795511687446529?s=19

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm so used to the Back button not existing that even when I should use it I don't think to.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's come in really handy every time I decide to let loose with the NPs and remember some buff or debuff I didn't use. I also love the pre-distribution of crit stars, although this has lead to one bizarre scenario where using Self Modification somehow managed to get JAlter LESS stars than she had assigned to her originally.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gologle posted:

I'm so used to the Back button not existing that even when I should use it I don't think to.

I have also lost count of "Oh, I should have popped that skill."

Melt was no joke. I borrowed somebody's Edgemiya and that did not work out at all. Should have listened to my gut and snagged somebody's Jeanne or something.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Mission based events are the best. I’m at 49/100.

BB is cruel and I don’t really understand why anyone likes her.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ChrisBTY posted:

Honako Green does runs of Bosses with low-rarity Servants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDZJXBokVt8

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I got BB but there doesn't seem to be any way to get ascension items right now, is that what unlocks May 1st?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

brainwrinkle posted:

BB is cruel and I don’t really understand why anyone likes her.

She's a fun antagonist chewing the scenery in cute ways and prone to breaking the 4th wall with meta humor.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Missed opportunity to give you a dialogue choice yelling for Martha in the last story bit, imo.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I got BB but there doesn't seem to be any way to get ascension items right now, is that what unlocks May 1st?

Yeah, any locked mission that doesn't give out KP opens up with the bonus quests, which includes all of BB's dupes and mats.

I already have her first skill at 10.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Ledgy posted:

Seeing people talk about a genghis khan servant made me remember that time my GF designed some for fun, I think they're pretty cool

https://twitter.com/InstantFruitey/status/888795511687446529?s=19

Crazy seaman Moses is a great take. Your GF did a good job.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I managed to take out Kiara with minimal effort using Jalter, Merlin and a friend Jeanne.
It was by no means fast, but, it got the job done, especially once Merlin started rolling the NPs.

So, I wanna make sure I'm understanding things right:
Gudako actually dies before we "start" the story, right? They Shift into Seraph, find Melt in the church, "win" the Grail War but then get destroyed by Kiara because they didn't destroy the Karmaphages, which let Kiara stop BB from using her emergency escape skill to get everyone to the classroom. Melt and Lip are the last two standing, and they use their dual-tech to send Melt back to right before Gudako shows up, and that's where the Player begins the mission, being saved from Fox Saber by future Melt, who makes sure we deal with the Karmaphages this time around. Is that about the gist of it?

Also, who is Albrecht? Is that the canon name of the CCC Master or something?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's pretty much it exactly, as I understand it. There are some stuff around the edges (mostly the lead up to how this all got started in the first place) that I had to look up to understand but otherwise it was an extremely enjoyable story.

As for the other thing, it's a ballet reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giselle

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Yeah, that's pretty much completely right.

'Albrecht' is a reference to the ballet Giselle; Melt really likes classical ballet.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
guh, that tamamo cat fight took so long. So many turns just waiting for Jeanne to null that ult.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Character Mats state that Melt could turn herself into a liquid form if she wanted to, but she loves ballet and dancing too much and so maintains a shape that can dance.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
looking through my friend list and wow, there's not a lot of arts lancers, are they?

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

looking through my friend list and wow, there's not a lot of arts lancers, are they?

Yeah, I think just Li Shuwen for now

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Tired Moritz posted:

There are exactly five Art-based Lancers in Japan, only two of which actually have damaging NPs. Those two being Fionn and Li.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Rorahusky posted:

There are exactly five Art-based Lancers in Japan, only two of which actually have damaging NPs. Those two being Fionnmana prisms and Li.

Fixed that for you.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Isn't Fionn actually good in JP?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

AtheistMantis posted:

Fixed that for you.

Counterpoint: http://imgur.com/WiK4iD2

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Sophism posted:

Isn't Fionn actually good in JP?

Yes, his recent upgrades have made him less of a rare prism victim.

I'm keeping my NP2 Fionn bc it took longer for him to be in my Chaldea than even Cu Alter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sophism posted:

Isn't Fionn actually good?

yes.