Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Open next episode: Arya is with Bran over the remains of the Night King, a ship descends from the sky and a bunch of other crazy Night Kings come out. Arya says "okay, who's next?" The Night Kimgs gather up his remains and bring them aboard the ship. The last Night King turns around at this last second and throws Arya a pistol with 2019 engraved on it.

The ship blasts off into the sky.

Ornamental Dingbat fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Khanstant posted:

I get the feeling the next episodes will have a little bit of talk about how few fighters they have left but it'll still be a visible assload when the time comes. Really though it seems like Dany's all out of army and is down to one dragon.

How you could get any other impression is beyond me. It's two dragons, though.

Mooktastical posted:

Seriously wtf

I don't know either

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Now Arya is the one who has to push Bran everywhere, at least until he turns into a tree and lets children play inside him

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mooktastical posted:

Seriously wtf

What am I looking at that's wtf? Is this a preview for the next episode and Rhaegal is still alive? Or is it just a shot from episode 1.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arcsquad12 posted:

These behind the scenes followups are a great way of destroying the mystique surrounding the show because the two showrunners are so clearly done with this crap and they're just throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

What am I looking at that's wtf? Is this a preview for the next episode and Rhaegal is still alive? Or is it just a shot from episode 1.

Why don't you pause the episode 4 preview at about 22 seconds in and tell me what you think

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

no pubes yet sorry posted:

im calling it, dany dies, jon snow dies, sansa and tyrion are married again for some reason and arya sits on the iron throne with the same frustration as ned stark did, starting the whole cycle over

game of thrones z

are you kidding me, no one else is dying

this was going to be the episode that wiped out half the cast, but the only casualties of The Final Battle were three minor characters and Theon, who I'm not sure is even necessarily dead

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I would have put money on Sam and Rhaegal dying.

I know that's what I saw.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Khanstant posted:

I'm really curious how this is going to work post-battle. Her Dothraki horde seem gone, the Unsullied seem mostly wiped out but there seems to be an infinite supply of them. We've seen the Unsullied lose a lot of battles and major portions but there are always enough to make for giant CGI legions of them when they do an aerial shot. We saw a lot of main characters inexplicably survive.... but there didn't see mto be many regular folks alive by the end. I get the feeling the next episodes will have a little bit of talk about how few fighters they have left but it'll still be a visible assload when the time comes. Really though it seems like Dany's all out of army and is down to one dragon.

The preview shows a bunch more unsullied so lmao there really are an infinite supply of dickless thralls

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The gently caress kinda name is Rhaegal. It literally sounds like what a Scottsdale woman would name her kid.

I should not be surprised they killed off the all season threat in a loving minute when there is three episodes left still.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/banalplay/status/1122699052389470213

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

IDK who this is but I like them already.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
the Hound just pussies out so much, at this point I hope Gregor wins

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I would have put money on Sam and Rhaegal dying.

I know that's what I saw.

I thought they left Sam kinda open-ended, and I thought Rhaegal not being seen after he crash landed was shorthand for 'hosed off until the plot called for him again'

Drogon, though, I thought was a done deal. When people said there were gonna be 2 dragons in the next ep I thought they were just retarded assholes. Little did I know that the retarded rear end in a top hat was actually me the whole time

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mooktastical posted:

Why don't you pause the episode 4 preview at about 22 seconds in and tell me what you think

I see two dragons and Sophie Turner trying to look human.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mooktastical posted:

Little did I know that the retarded rear end in a top hat was actually me the whole time

That goes for anyone who watches this show.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Little Lady Mormont was way more hardcore than Jorah. She loving stabbed a zombie giant in the eye while getting squeezed to death.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

the ice zombies charging over the defending army like those green ghost pirates guys from lord of the rings was real bad and then they turned into the world war z zombies that overcome any obstacle by stacking themselves like hordes of ants

also sometimes they explode when they get hit by dragon glass like the zombie giant but sometimes they dont?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Universe Master posted:

Little Lady Mormont was way more hardcore than Jorah. She loving stabbed a zombie giant in the eye while getting squeezed to death.

she got toothpaste tubed :( fuckin hero tho

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNACsbSwAHY

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
as stupid as all of that was, Alfie Allen acted the gently caress out ot Theon’s end

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Except the Mobile Infantry were more effective than the Unsullied.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

ElGroucho posted:

RIP mormont, you annoying little poo poo
she got to kill exactly one thing, but it was NOT satisfying. <:mad:>

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

OregonDonor posted:

as stupid as all of that was, Alfie Allen acted the gently caress out ot Theon’s end

Yeah I wouldn't hate to see him in something good other than John Wick

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Maybe she gets more unsullied in every town hmm!?

Varys asexually divides off screen. Hes very tired.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/28/arts/television/game-of-thrones-battle-of-winterfell-review.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

quote:

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8, Episode 3 Recap: The Battle of Winterfell Exceeded Expectations.

Sunday’s final clash was a masterpiece of tension and release, goose bumps and heartbreak, grandiosity and intimacy. It deftly mixed genres (horror, action, melodrama), shots and planes of action as it shifted from the chaos of the fighting in and around Winterfell to the claustrophobic terror of the crypts to the dragon dogfighting in the winter sky.

Arya’s climactic dispatching of the Night King was genuinely surprising and thrillingly rendered.

lmao

:allears:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
that was a weird version of world war z

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone have that video where some russian or balkan guy made his own intro for Game of Thrones starring Hodor and Zombies?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

This ep was fine, I guess. Battle of the Bastards was way more compelling.

Past a certain point everything is so completely hosed and hopeless you just start guessing who will kill the night king, because that was the only option left.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Hell Yeah posted:

tonights episode kicked rear end. you people are losers, you'll never enjoy anything in life.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Chinatown posted:

that was a weird version of world war z

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Have any spoilers been true so far?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

George H.W. oval office posted:

Nope.

Just "lol crypt zombies" but everyone saw that poo poo from a mile away.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Imagine being so wound up by idiots having fun riffing on a popular tv show that you have to loudly declare how much you love the show and everyone who is teasing sucks.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Mooktastical posted:

Seriously wtf

what am i supposed to be seeing here

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

has anyone made a Doom 3 joke yet

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Tormund can never die

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i never thought in a million year fyad would lie to me

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

George H.W. oval office posted:

The 'supposed leak' from India rightly guessed Beric, Edd and Jorah died in this episode, but those were pretty softball choices anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mooktastical posted:

How you could get any other impression is beyond me. It's two dragons, though.

I don't know either

Okay, welp I really figured even leaving her one dragon was a bit too much but okay, she gets to keep both for now. I guess at some point one or both die but there will be some little eggies quietly revealed.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

are you kidding me, no one else is dying

this was going to be the episode that wiped out half the cast, but the only casualties of The Final Battle were three minor characters and Theon, who I'm not sure is even necessarily dead

People are still going to die, but the popular characters can't just die in some chaotic cgi battle, they gotta say a thing and have a moment before they go. Finish an arc, then die. This episode was just cleaning house on people who might as well have already died, or have died, or don't have anything to do after this anyway.

Then again, they kept Bran alive. He didn't really have much to do before, I wonder if they'll bother wheeling his rear end to King's Landing so he can give Cersei a dead-eyed leer or two.