Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dolphin posted:

but then bran wheeling around with no face would be kinda grisly

Bran becomes Mason Verger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
*Salsa pulls out a knife. She shares an understanding look with Tyrone*
*They both commit sudoku*
Arry the next morning: gdi salsa why do you always have to be so melodramatic?

-------

Brain: You are a good man. Thank you.
*Thong suicide charges against NK*
Brain: gdi Thong, Arry was standing right there. why is everyone here so melodramatic?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lmao Jesus Christ

I was about to fall asleep soon but just giggled into my pillow so not to wake my partner up.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

Majorian posted:

He was bait. He knew exactly how everything would play out, and he knew that the only way this poo poo would work was if it played out exactly as it did. I expect his role isn't done yet. If it is, I'll agree with you and be disappointed, but for now, I think he did what he was supposed to do.

if Bran "knew exactly how everything played out" then he should've known dragon fire wouldn't have done anything to the NK.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dolphin posted:

but then bran wheeling around with no face would be kinda grisly

Night King never sees any normal healthy humans so he probably can't tell em apart

Just do a real poo poo job of disguising herself, a la

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

They should have had him finally say his first line only for him to sound like mickey mouse

Or Ed Sheeran

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If anybody had done anything remotely clever to kill the NK it would have been nice.

This show used to be about people being brave and stupid and dying, now it’s about people being brave and stupid and winning.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Majorian posted:

Better than Urine Greyjoy bringing it down with the Magic Horn.

i don’t get it

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

General Dog posted:

He was being the Three Eyed Raven, which is important because the Night King wanted to kill the Three Eyed Raven. Why does the Night King want to kill the Three Eyes Raven? Because he’s important.

You're right. That does make sense.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
In the novelized adaptation of the hit HBO series A Game of Thrones, Euron Greyjoy claims to have a magic trumpet that binds dragons to his will

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

nooneofconsequence posted:

You're right. That does make sense.

This year, we fired all our writers lmao *dabs*

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Delthalaz posted:

i don’t get it

There's a Magical Horn of Instant Plot-twisting in the books.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

General Dog posted:

If anybody had done anything remotely clever to kill the NK it would have been nice.

This show used to be about people being brave and stupid and dying, now it’s about people being brave and stupid and winning.

Jon was brave and stupid and did gently caress all except get bullied by an undead dragon for 80 minutes.

Dany was brave and stupid and lost most of her army and her most loyal follower.

Everyone would've died if GRRM didn't want Arya to be a super sweet ninja who gets a sex scene.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The more I think about it, the more I do like that it was Arya that killed the NK. His only exploitable flaw is arrogance, so it makes sense that the character who is constantly underestimated would be the one to weaponize it against him.

Only better way would be if Cersei just smoked him as soon as he stepped foot in KL.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tehran 1979 posted:

if Bran "knew exactly how everything played out" then he should've known dragon fire wouldn't have done anything to the NK.

Who cares? The plan didn't fail because of that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

omg I am dead

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
This episode just reminded me streaming video is garbage. I'm sure the episode will look great on 4K Bluray with HDR but good lord the banding was atrocious!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Zaphod42 posted:

omg I am dead

thank god

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Delthalaz posted:

i don’t get it
he has a magical horniness in the books that penetrates

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Idk how arya escaped the room she was barricaded in with the hound. She kinda just ran off and was like later nerd

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Actually now I'm sad we don't get an ending where Cersei annihilates the Night King without trying.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Was there a widespread visual issue with this episode? We streamed it off HBO Now or Go or whatever the gently caress, and it looked good, but I keep seeing memes about it being a black screen

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

In the novelized adaptation of the hit HBO series A Game of Thrones, Euron Greyjoy claims to have a magic trumpet that binds dragons to his will

If you blow it though then it sucks your lungs out and kills you which is super loving metal.

Also its the loudest thing anybody's ever heard and sounds like death playing guitar.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

omg I am dead

What is dead may never die.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You mean like all the Freys?

the freys disappear entirely for two seasons so not really, no

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's truly incomprehensible to me that a show and book series that used political intrigue and plotting as a feint for a much more deadly foe is going to end on the political intrigue and plotting. I feel like the entire thesis of the series has been undermined. Lol. It's me, I have been owned.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
OK I don’t think they mention that in the show so, good, because that would just be extremely
dumb.

I wonder how many Dothraki are left. They got wiped out in 25 seconds. I kept waiting for a ton of them to rush in and help out at some point but nope.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Zaphod42 posted:

OH OH

Am I crazy or am I the only person who thought that Sansa and Tyrion were actually going to STAB THEMSELVES down there in the crypt, Romeo and Juliette style?

It really felt like the show was implying that in a poetic way, the past married couple dying together. Then they turn the corner and run for it and I'm like "oh thank god"

You're not crazy, I thought this too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Was there a widespread visual issue with this episode? We streamed it off HBO Now or Go or whatever the gently caress, and it looked good, but I keep seeing memes about it being a black screen

Watched it on my TV and a lot of the first 45 minutes battle-wise were indistinguishable nonsense between how dimly lit everything was and the camera cuts. The big darkness scene especially which sucked because I heard that was the good scene

The dragon scenes were when stuff finally became noticeable long-term

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The episode was really dark, and maybe more importantly had a lot of extremely quick cutting near the beginning. Those two elements combined to make those chaotic early fight scenes (the stuff outside the wall) pretty much incomprehensible.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Alec Eiffel posted:

It's truly incomprehensible to me that a show and book series that used political intrigue and plotting as a feint for a much more deadly foe is going to end on the political intrigue and plotting. I feel like the entire thesis of the series has been undermined. Lol. It's me, I have been owned.

My friend hit me with the "well AKSHUALLY Cersei was the insidious threat they should've been focusing on the whole time, not the night king" which I think is kind of bullshit but i'm gonna let him have it.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Steve Yun posted:

This episode just reminded me streaming video is garbage. I'm sure the episode will look great on 4K Bluray with HDR but good lord the banding was atrocious!

I don’t know about that, it was unwatchable garbage at 1080p.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
If nothing else that was an episode of TV that proves bitrate matters

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Qyburn is gonna be so depressed that the White Walkers are gone. All that super-science, forever unreachable.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Delthalaz posted:

OK I don’t think they mention that in the show so, good, because that would just be extremely
dumb.

I wonder how many Dothraki are left. They got wiped out in 25 seconds. I kept waiting for a ton of them to rush in and help out at some point but nope.

The dothraki motivation makes no goddamn sense and most of them are PRETTY sure Dany is going to take them to rape and pillage Westeros any day now. This was the only way to wrap them up.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

romanowski posted:

the freys disappear entirely for two seasons so not really, no

on the other hand the night king shows up in like three episodes

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Alec Eiffel posted:

Everybody’s like, “thank god we got the unstoppable, eternal existential threat taken care of, now we can get back to our true calling of plotting against each other, political marriages, etc.”

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
This episode felt like a mix between World War Z and that lovely early 2000's dragon movie Reign of Fire

Except with a worse ending somehow

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bran gonna have to develop a personality again now that he isn't just Opposite Night King