Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

horny games with good storylines? that exist? and if yes what game?

Final Fantasy VII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DoctorGonzo posted:

horny games with good storylines? that exist? and if yes what game?

Metro Last Light

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Im actually kind of enjoying Days Gone. It's systems work in a sort of way that I have not seen for many console games and it is highly reminiscent of some PC survival games in the way that you have to gather resources while using a mix of stealth and direct confrontation to survive. Of course, it's not as poopsocky as a lot of PC survival games, but its a good tradeoff.

In terms of bad stuff to say about it, it's pretty repetitive and the aiming doesn't feel great at all. It probably has something to do with the deadzone because it feels kind of "sticky" when moving the analog stick if that makes any sense.

Also, so far, this probably has to be one of the Whitest narratives I have seen. Freedom talk radio, Biker clubs, etc. Most people don't care about that kind of stuff, but it was one of the first things I noticed.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
To be fair Oregon is white af

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If it's gonna be all-in about biker gangs it's unavoidable right? I have no inherent problem with that any more than the Yakuza series being about all the backwards things it is.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Augus posted:

Metro Last Light

I never really thought about it, but the Metro series is pretty drat horny. Was gonna say they toned it down for Exodus and then I remembered they totally didn't at all and there's like an hour of the game that is just boobs flopping around everywhere lol.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 29, 2019

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

blackguy32 posted:

Im actually kind of enjoying Days Gone. It's systems work in a sort of way that I have not seen for many console games and it is highly reminiscent of some PC survival games in the way that you have to gather resources while using a mix of stealth and direct confrontation to survive. Of course, it's not as poopsocky as a lot of PC survival games, but its a good tradeoff.

In terms of bad stuff to say about it, it's pretty repetitive and the aiming doesn't feel great at all. It probably has something to do with the deadzone because it feels kind of "sticky" when moving the analog stick if that makes any sense.

Also, so far, this probably has to be one of the Whitest narratives I have seen. Freedom talk radio, Biker clubs, etc. Most people don't care about that kind of stuff, but it was one of the first things I noticed.

oregon was where the nazi dudes from the bundy ranch took over the wildlife sanctuary. it has a ton of militias and separatist groups and secessionists. it also has an insanely racist past and iirc was explicitly founded as a whites only state and had a ton of black exclusion laws. weirdly all that stuff seemed 100% in line with how i would expect it to go.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

blackguy32 posted:

Yeah, I noticed that too. For what it's worth, it does get considerably less white as it goes on. The cast diversifies dramatically in the mid- to late game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

blackguy32 posted:

As an embarrassed Oregonian myself I can confirm that this state is white as hell, to the point where we have tons of nazi skinheads, but then we also have rad hardcore anti-racist skinheads...an entirely separate brand of skinhead born and bred (lol Daywalker) to smash racist skinheads. The state constitution didn't even allow blacks to to own property (or even enter the state!) until 1926. The state is a microcosm of some of the most egregious traits of American racism. Anyone even half aware of the state's history and the historical implications of the zombie genre would see a notable thematic intersection there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgKp6b7xf3E

Also

quote:

In December 1844, Oregon passed its Black Exclusion Law, which prohibited African Americans from entering the territory while simultaneously prohibiting slavery. Slave owners who brought their slaves with them were given three years before they were forced to free them. Any African Americans in the region after the law was passed were forced to leave, and those who did not comply were arrested and beaten. They received no less than twenty and no more than thirty-nine stripes across their bare back. If they still did not leave, this process could be repeated every six months.[70] Slavery played a major part in Oregon's history and even influenced its path to statehood. The territory's request for statehood was delayed several times, as members of Congress argued among themselves whether the territory should be admitted as a "free" or "slave" state. Eventually politicians from the south agreed to allow Oregon to enter as a "free" state, in exchange for opening slavery to the southwest United States.

and

quote:

In the 1920s, Oregon had the largest Ku Klux Klan (KKK) membership per capita in the United States.[2] KKK member Walter M. Pierce was elected governor in 1922.[3]

Oregon did not ratify the Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which prohibited the federal and state governments from denying a citizen the right to vote based on their color or race, until 1959.

and

[quote]Oregon was granted statehood in 1859 and it was the only state in the union with a constitution that forbade black people from living, working or owning property within the state. In fact, it was illegal for black people to even MOVE to the state until 1926.[/spoiler]

Ramadu posted:

oregon was where the nazi dudes from the bundy ranch took over the wildlife sanctuary. it has a ton of militias and separatist groups and secessionists. it also has an insanely racist past and iirc was explicitly founded as a whites only state and had a ton of black exclusion laws. weirdly all that stuff seemed 100% in line with how i would expect it to go.

That dude was from Nevada, but it's probably beside the point

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 29, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

15 hours of Ellie swimming around finding a way to push a palette into a pool of water because Joel's body is too old and wrecked to swim.

lmao Ellie will not be swimming in 2LoU

DoctorGonzo posted:

the only good mgs are 1 and 3 the rest of that franchise loving sucks

same, though I have a special place in my heart for mgs2's brand of audience troll, because a ton of work went into it and it feels forward thinking atp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-2YuPGYabw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can't confirm this but maybe one of the Sekiro thread users like BP can:

Did they nerf Guardian Ape a bit in 1.03/1.04?
I fought him again on my second run through tonight and he seems way slower and more likely to do the throw move in phase one. Only took me one try this run, as opposed to the literal 50+ it took me in my first go. Phase one still takes ages cos he seems to still have a ton of HP but I found it so much easier.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

jack, do you know what day tomorrow is?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I fought him again on my second run through tonight and he seems way slower and more likely to do the throw move in phase one. Only took me one try this run, as opposed to the literal 50+ it took me in my first go. Phase one still takes ages cos he seems to still have a ton of HP but I found it so much easier.

I highly doubt it. I think you just got gud, mate.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

:aaaaa:

Maybe I can beat Iishin

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I poo poo on everything in NG+. The last fight really hammers you into a deadly ninja. I quit playing at the start of my third run because I got bored :(

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Nah GA is easy. People are intimated by his seemingly random flurry of punches but they can be blocked / parried just like anything else and there's gaps between his combos that leave him vulnerable. Plus firecrackers can be used to squeeze extra free hits.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Echoing the sentiments here on Days Gone. A few hours in and really enjoying it. Just a few gripes: as mentioned before there were some weird transitions in the beginning with the cut scenes(something was clearly cut). And the human AI doesn't seem too great as I had a moment were I was hiding in a bush with a silenced pistol and kept shooting at some baddies and they just kept saying "who's there?" etc.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Man replaying dark souls 1 is surprisingly cathartic, got to Anor Londo in 6 hours, think it was 40 first time round.

Just gottaget my teeth kicked in by the big O and S tonight and we gucci.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Did you beat the final boss or just start a from scratch (no pun intended) play through. I took a break a couple weeks ago on the final boss and now with my new job I haven't had a chance to go back and give it another shot.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm having a lot of fun with Far Cry 5 so far. It's a very good game.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

John F Bennett posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with Far Cry 5 so far. It's a very good game.

I think it's my personal favorite from the series, just stay away from the DLC. I started up New Dawn the other day and was kind of bored (only played about an hour or two). I'm gonna play some other things and come back to it eventually.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I really want a PlayStation 4 port of Blood Dragon. They already ported Far Cry 3, which makes me think that they are confused about which is actually the best Far Cry game.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I really want a PlayStation 4 port of Blood Dragon. They already ported Far Cry 3, which makes me think that they are confused about which is actually the best Far Cry game.

I couldn't believe they did that but didn't include Blood Dragon with it.

They did Blood Dragon and, if people remember, around the same time also did a Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Like Blood Dragon it was a small scale game that put a bigger emphasis on showdowns and kept things simple. At the time Ubisoft and some of the game press was talking about how this was cool, and how Ubisoft was smart to do these smaller stakes (and smaller budget+lower price) takes on their franchises and how it was cool to have these games that were really fun and tightly focused.

Kind of wish they didn't stop with that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bows1 posted:

Did you beat the final boss or just start a from scratch (no pun intended) play through. I took a break a couple weeks ago on the final boss and now with my new job I haven't had a chance to go back and give it another shot.

I started from scratch, I could't get Sword Saint past the 3rd phase at all :(

I have to say, I'm enjoying it WAY more the second time around. I think the biggest thing I was omitting the first time around was properly using the mikiri counter.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
If the PS5 doesn't allow for PS3 BC, then I'd be surprised if they don't release a Far Cry collection. Then again I was sure there would've been a Crysis collection release on PS4 with updated resolutions and stable 60fps.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahaha Dreams is so cool

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Escobarbarian posted:

hahaha Dreams is so cool

Make Blood Dragon in Dreams

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I read an article that had devs mentioning that the White Nationalist Libertarian radio in Days Gone is a choice they made because those are absolutely the people waiting for this sort of poo poo to “go down”. And post-societal breaking point will absolutely result in rural areas deforming into tribalism, virtually overnight. Cities might take longer, but in zombie scenarios they are usually the first to fall.

They haven’t touched Guardian Ape at all in the patches, but if you’ve already beaten Double Guardian Ape then I can’t imagine going back to regular Guardian Ape would be hard.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

They haven’t touched Guardian Ape at all in the patches, but if you’ve already beaten Double Guardian Ape then I can’t imagine going back to regular Guardian Ape would be hard.

Huh, sweet. Phase 1 is still a pile of poo poo though.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

BisterdDave posted:

Make Blood Dragon in Dreams

If someone doesnt do accurate recreation of Metal Gear Solid the whole thing is a failure

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

Make Demon's Souls in Dreams

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Bust Rodd posted:

I read an article that had devs mentioning that the White Nationalist Libertarian radio in Days Gone is a choice they made because those are absolutely the people waiting for this sort of poo poo to “go down”.
Also, every time the broadcast finishes, Deacon yells at the radio about how much of a hypocritical nonsense-spouting dumbshit Cope is, it’s pretty clear you’re not meant to sympathize with his conspiracy theories.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

blackguy32 posted:

I read an article where the creator said that was deliberate as they were trying to represent what rural Oregon is actually like.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There’s no Mad Max//Post-Apocalyptic scenario where peaceful hippie communes can survive and flourish, if you aren’t fortified and armed to the teeth then you’re just gathering resources for the local warlords until they happen upon you and take over.

For every peaceful, tolerant, non-pedo Libertarian who just wants to smoke weed and listen to Prog rock in a hammock there are literally thousands of creepy white supremacist Gun nuts.

The “Good Guy with a Gun” myth becomes even more of a myth in the end of times. That’s one of the reasons why Joel from TLoU stood in stark contrast to many other anti-heroes at the time. Everyone else talked the tough guy talk but they’re just nice guys with hearts of gold who sound gruff and/or constipated but Joel was already a hardened killer and had probably done truly inhumane things to protect himself and Tommy, and that really comes through in his character. He’s not just gruff and grizzly, he’s clearly done some poo poo.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

You're right, a Demon's Souls remake is a dream :haw:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Apraxin posted:

Also, every time the broadcast finishes, Deacon yells at the radio about how much of a hypocritical nonsense-spouting dumbshit Cope is, it’s pretty clear you’re not meant to sympathize with his conspiracy theories.

I'm not sure why anytime a character or role like this right-wing radio is in a game, people immediately assume that the devs are trying to push an agenda unless everyone in the game explicitly shits on the character/role.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As well as trying Dreams for the first time today (controls are way better than I expected on the DualShock but I am currently charging my Moves to see if they’re better) I tried God of War 3 Remastered because I remembered people saying it still holds up

uhhhh

NO????????

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Morpheus posted:

I'm not sure why anytime a character or role like this right-wing radio is in a game, people immediately assume that the devs are trying to push an agenda unless everyone in the game explicitly shits on the character/role.

Because there are a lot of morons out there who don’t understand that depiction and endorsement are two different things.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You can’t even move the loving camera in GoW3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

You can’t even move the loving camera in GoW3

Yeah God of War were set piece action games with fixed cameras until 2018. The fights in 2018 are way less about managing roomfuls of powerful monsters, you usually get one big guy and some little guys.

The old God of War games on higher difficulties were like “ok here’s two Minotaurs, a cyclops, and some harpies, and whatever you manage to kill first will be replaced by 3 Gorgons with instant death attacks. Hope you got gud!”

But on Normal mode everything is way less savage and intense. It does have probably the most over the top violence in any game outside of Netherrealm Studios.