Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
How convenient, a hair conditioner commercial on demand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wish I had kaoru Mori hair

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Someone picked up an older work of Kenya Suzuki's, the guy who does 'Please Tell Me! Galko-san', called Princess Candle. about a princess whose half-brother seems to have taken the throne from her father, and sentenced her to live on a Monastery. Gonna give it a go but the tragedy tag has me concerned.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's a new vinland saga.

.........................................................hm?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:thunk:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That would make a great reaction image.

Thorkell is best uncle.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Thorfinn is a fuckin idiot

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Afro Thorkell is such a troll.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Thorkell is many great things.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The Mangaka for Spice and Wolf is adapting Svetlana Alexievich's The Unwomanly Face of War: An Oral History of Women in World War II into a manga. Alexievich's work is a classic seminal work about women during the eastern front. The manga art is good, but it is a bit too clean. For example, when they talk about how cheap soviet soap caused the girls to get eczema on their hands until they lost all their fingernails, the art just shows a shaded hand. Kind of like generic damage in a Shonen.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Here's a new Bride's Story. Unfortunately not much of consequence again, and based on the chapter name there'll be at least one more. We can probably look forward to a little down time with Pariya, and maybe Talas next time. And more of Ali napping.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Honestly, I loved this chapter. The only bit of disappointment was the lack of fluffy cat.

But it's good to see her learning to write, so I'll forgive it. ... FOR NOW.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

golden bubble posted:

The Mangaka for Spice and Wolf is adapting Svetlana Alexievich's The Unwomanly Face of War: An Oral History of Women in World War II into a manga. Alexievich's work is a classic seminal work about women during the eastern front. The manga art is good, but it is a bit too clean. For example, when they talk about how cheap soviet soap caused the girls to get eczema on their hands until they lost all their fingernails, the art just shows a shaded hand. Kind of like generic damage in a Shonen.

The Pollinic Soldiers Attack!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Honestly, I loved this chapter. The only bit of disappointment was the lack of fluffy cat.

But it's good to see her learning to write, so I'll forgive it. ... FOR NOW.

yeah i'm pretty much 100% always down for just having a quiet day with the cast of Bride's Story

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hello it's a new chapter of Sigurd Saga wherein the main character, noted Good Boy™ Sigurd, does Sigurd things.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Artelier posted:

Hello it's a new chapter of Sigurd Saga wherein the main character, noted Good Boy™ Sigurd, does Sigurd things.

Oh my god Sigurd's such a good boy :kimchi:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That chapter was extremely cute :allears:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Sigurd is easily the finest wingman of the 11th century, or indeed any time period.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Yawn can we get back to Garm already.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Yawn can we get back to Garm already.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hawkwood FTW!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is hawkwood actually good, I read a few chapters and it seemed okay, good art too.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
The anime of Vinland seems to be adding a scene depicting Thorfinn's first kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xAlirMzjCQ&t=22s

I kinda like this addition because even though the manga extensively focuses on Thorfinn's guilt it never really emphasizes how hosed up it was that Askeladd utilized him as a child soldier.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it amuses me to no end that season one of the anime almost definitely won't make it to the end of the prologue

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

is hawkwood actually good, I read a few chapters and it seemed okay, good art too.

It freaking owns dude.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

Venuz Patrol posted:

it amuses me to no end that season one of the anime almost definitely won't make it to the end of the prologue

I think it will. Its got 24 episodes that's 6 episodes for each volume or ~2 chapters an episode.

If it gets to Thor's death by episode 6 and the village massacre by episode 12 it should be on pace to reach that point.

Theowulv fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 26, 2019

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Theowulv posted:

I think it will. Its got 24 episodes that's 6 episodes for each volume or ~2 chapters an episode.

If it gets to Thor's death by episode 6 and the village massacre by episode 12 it should be on pace to reach that point.

oh i thought it was only twelve episodes! that’s good news.

still a bummer i won’t get to see gudrid or hild though

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Is the Vinland anime good if you’ve already read the manga?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

It... hasn’t started yet?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Starts July 8th, not June 8th, dogg.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Vinland Saga chapter - https://readms.net/r/vinland_saga/162/6010/1

He may only be a Halfdan, but he's wholly tsundere.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
:rip:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
If someone said to me a year or two ago that Sigurd will turn out to be the biggest tsundere in Vinland Saga, I would call him a liar and yet, here we are. :allears:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I'm so excited for the anime

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Some lovely Icelandic villages in this chapter. I absolutely adore all the background work in this whole manga, and it's striking to see those sparse villages after a dozen chapters in Jomsborg.

My greatest hope for the anime is that they put as much work as they can into the background art. If there is lovingly drawn pretty scenery and cozy houses, I'll be content.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

Eiba posted:

My greatest hope for the anime is that they put as much work as they can into the background art. If there is lovingly drawn pretty scenery and cozy houses, I'll be content.

They've posted a couple of pieces of bg art on their official twitter for the anime.

https://twitter.com/V_SAGA_ANIME/status/1072057093967044608?s=19
https://twitter.com/V_SAGA_ANIME/status/1077126973451833344
https://twitter.com/V_SAGA_ANIME/status/1074605194980323328

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

be petty king of iceland
only have one son
idiot son leaves for a journey for some commoner
son fails to find commoner, but also refuses to take inheritance
mfw my bloodline is about to die out
~ Just Crusader Kings 2 Things

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
I don't think Half-Dan even cares about the inheritance thing all that much he just wants his son back.

Also he needs to take his wife's hints and play chess with her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

It looks like the first THREE eps of Vinland saga are on prime video now :o