Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bessers goofy daughter in the 4/20 special is pretty great. As is a very high Gabrus trying desperately not to curse in front of her. You can hear his brain grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I love the 420 episodes and this one was no exception, I wish it were a more regular thing—watching these performers at the top of their game get shaken out of their comfort zone is so great. I really want Seth Morris to do another one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Laterite posted:

"Facebook now says millions of Instagram users’ passwords were accidentally stored in a readable format on its servers, not tens of thousands as it initially thought."

Facebook Says Instagram Password Breach Larger Than Initially Thought

And the ‘initially thought’ aspect is complete bs. John Gruber was bang on the money when he said it was eventually going to come out that it was far worse than originally admitted, that they know it’s far worse, and they’ll wait to sneak it out during a busy news cycle. Facebook went to press the same day the Mueller Report dropped.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Thankfully we got that report though and can start using its vital information to save our country.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Real Estate Roundup might be the first episode of HH where the boys truly went in with absolutely no idea what they were going to talk about. It was complete nonsense, yet it was still great.

And is anyone else still waiting for their pinchy crabs shirt? I am.

Oh and thanks to the person who mention The Need to Fail episode with Sean. Really good listen.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Yeah I cancelled my stitcher premium in september but I guess they've never bothered to update my account so I still get access without paying for it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I just got mine on Friday, and my friend got his yesterday, so yours might just be a day or two behind.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

I just got mine on Friday, and my friend got his yesterday, so yours might just be a day or two behind.

I got mine a week ago.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I got mine last Monday, it's very nice.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
"A waning crebus? You hosed up hombre".

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Andy Daly on HH is an all timer

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

mouse to a cheese

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Legit think that's a great children's book idea.

Also, I'd play Daly's Pokemon ripoff.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Andy and Sean play off each other so well. Complimentary sense of humor and energy, and Sean finds Andy so funny.

If the year weren't front-loaded with great episodes, I'd say this was the best of the year. It's certainly their best 'normal/non-gimmick' episode.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
They've been on a serious hot streak for ages. Can't remember the last dud of an episode.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Love that Besser keeps playing with the I4H format and doing lots of special episodes. Really helps keep it fresh. Did a fun Avengers bit this week. Certainly not essential listening, but a nice break from the format.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I thought this week's Flagrant Ones was practically self parody with them reading a list of players made by other players. Hayes was on the Buckets podcast again this week, and it proved that he's capable of talking about basketball, so I don't know why they rely so heavily on list the player stuff on TFO since it's presumably at least as impenetrable to people who don't follow the sport and won't know who most of those people are. I think I'm going to just subscribe on months when I like the t-shirt, because there's very little of this podcast that demands to be listened to as it comes out, so I can always just pick through the archives later.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I find it really hard to keep my attention listening to Flagrant Ones, and its next to impossible to remember bits or discern one episode from another. They need some sort of structure

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The structure I think was suppose to be the my favorite team stuff but it has kinda been drop lately.

I love the show tho.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I don't dislike the show, I'm just frustrated sometimes when it feels like they're already burning out on it or don't particularly care about doing it. Obviously that's been a longstanding bit with a healthy dose of truth to it on Hollywood Handbook for the Boys, but I thought the fresh new show about a topic they enjoy on Patreon with a hilarious co-host might shake them out of it a bit more than it has. Maybe listening to three shows by the same people is the problem and I'm just being overly critical, or maybe they'd actually do a better job if they were doing fewer shows, especially since this isn't a day job for any of them.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just Stan those Kings, little man.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I care very little about basketball talk, and would kind of prefer to just have a flagrant ones talk about poo poo show

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

I care very little about basketball talk, and would kind of prefer to just have a flagrant ones talk about poo poo show

New tier: The Flagrant Ones Pro Version

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

GoutPatrol posted:

I'm curious what the off-season show is gonna be like, and I'm guessing it's gonna be like this. I forget where I heard about the possibility of live stream movie commentary.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

I'm curious what the off-season show is gonna be like, and I'm guessing it's gonna be like this. I forget where I heard about the possibility of live stream movie commentary.

It’ll probably be baseball

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ManoliIsFat posted:

It's when they'll be getting all the players on.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

That is heaps of minutes

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I don’t know what it is but I never want to listen to podcasts with people doing improv in character anymore. I’m still subscribed to like 5 or 6 improv shows that I used to love but I only ever feel like listening to free form discussion shows. HH is like a hybrid and I still listen to that but I still prefer the episodes that are less in character (like the masked engineer ep) to their traditional format. Anyone else get burned out like this?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I still like Teacher's Lounge but yeah I kind of fell off the wagon with CBB, I think I've only listened to like 5 episodes in the past year (even though I still always enjoy it when I do listen)

but I guess I just listen to less podcasts in general now. I used to have like one or two for each day of the week but then they ended or I got bored of them and I've gotten bad at finding new stuff to replace them. I pretty much only listen to HH/The Flagrant Ones/Doughboys now

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I'm down to HH/Pro and I4H as my only weekly comedy podcasts. CBB I'll listen to if one of my favs is on which means that every 3 or 4 weeks I'll pop back in, though I often don't finish the episode. Teacher's Lounge got too hard to keep up with after just a while, for me.

I still listen to plenty of history podcasts, though.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It still clearly has an audience but it does seem like we all got burnt out on bang bang a while ago. Is it just we’re too familiar now? I think also there’s a lot more podcasts and I’d rather not spend 2 hours listening to something I might like.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I haven’t listened to a single ear wolf podcast in so long. I still like Hollywood handbook but yeah it’s been a minute now for me

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I still listen to CBB every Monday. 2018 was a really strong year, and 2019 is still good, but it’s dipped a little. I think it’s the familiarity and that Scott’s pretty predictable these days.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I still listen. It's one of my favorite things in the world.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Yeah CBB used to be appointment listening for me but now I just stay subscribed so I can check if there's a guest I especially love (McKenna showing up in this one as Beth was great, for instance). But in fairness there are a ton of podcasts I do that with now though. The bloom is off the rose with character-based improv, and the more I listen then more I realize how hit-or-miss it is. Give me the consistency of a fat Greek man singing songs about being gay with his dad.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

I still listen to CBB And I4H every week, I'm in and out with other podcasts though. I don't really enjoy "talk radio" style podcasts, I think those types of podcasts are probably what's most popular so I'm probably the weird one. Every once in a while I'll listen to stuff like "Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend" if there's a guest I'm interested in but honestly it's hard to keep me engaged with that stuff, which I guess lots of people listen passively so that's why those might work for other people?

My regular rotation right now is CBB, I4H, Off Book, Harmontown, Bad Science, and every once in a while the Conan show and Bunny Ears. I'll probably be getting back into D&D podcasts soon, there's a lot of Nerd Poker and Adventure Zone I'll be able to binge on.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

ElCondemn posted:

I still listen to CBB And I4H every week, I'm in and out with other podcasts though. I don't really enjoy "talk radio" style podcasts, I think those types of podcasts are probably what's most popular so I'm probably the weird one. Every once in a while I'll listen to stuff like "Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend" if there's a guest I'm interested in but honestly it's hard to keep me engaged with that stuff, which I guess lots of people listen passively so that's why those might work for other people?

My regular rotation right now is CBB, I4H, Off Book, Harmontown, Bad Science, and every once in a while the Conan show and Bunny Ears. I'll probably be getting back into D&D podcasts soon, there's a lot of Nerd Poker and Adventure Zone I'll be able to binge on.

Pssst. Hey... buddy... Over here if you want a funny D&D podcast to binge on - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868552

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hm, I've tried a few D&D podcasts but none of them have stuck, but I can always give another one a go. Axford is a great improviser so that gives this an edge.

What I really want is a podcast about D&D lore. But, like, 1st edition with its weird monster manual that stole from everywhere.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Hm, I've tried a few D&D podcasts but none of them have stuck, but I can always give another one a go. Axford is a great improviser so that gives this an edge.

What I really want is a podcast about D&D lore. But, like, 1st edition with its weird monster manual that stole from everywhere.

I would listen to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
For me CBB is still the funniest podcast out there, but it just takes so long to get to the good stuff and Scott's intros have gotten beyond tedious. I don't have much time for podcasts anymore so I really appreciate shows that just get straight to the 'tent.