Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kiimo posted:

edit: also he's a loving Desean Jackson clone

for every desean jackson there's 100 little nobodies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well I trust the Chiefs scouting department when it comes to on the field wide receivers.

The tape on Hardman is impressive.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Chiefs defense is coming together it feels like

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
meh. if his name was rapey mcstabsman i'd be more worried that he was gonna be real good for the chiefs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The next few years are gonna be fun hearing about this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

This DT looks like Dontari Poe if Dontari Poe instead of a bad back had badass backflips

He's a lot smaller than Poe (which isn't saying he's small, just that Poe was ridiculously huge). Certainly appears athletic though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
well when you follow up jovan belcher with kareem hunt and tyreek hill it looks less like a coincidence and more like a commitment to excrement.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kareem didn't have any character issues before the draft. Neither did Belcher.

Fair enough on Hill.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the chargers took a side character from a disney movie in the third

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Mecole Hardman seems to be a bad pick, a lot of people have him as a 4th rounder. I guess we picked him because he’s somewhere between DAT and Hill and fits the system but ehh

I really like both defenders taken so far.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Mecole Hardman seems to be a bad pick, a lot of people have him as a 4th rounder. I guess we picked him because he’s somewhere between DAT and Hill and fits the system but ehh

He's supposed to have a high ceiling I guess. He seems like the type of guy Veach falls in love with because he sees the possibility and ignores that he might not get there.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You're crazy. He's only played WR for two years. He looks positively badass and confident in his routes. He's fast and effective.

They had their choice of wide receivers, traded up and passed up a ton of guys to take him.

The SEC guys I know are texting me saying he's a beast. The Chiefs ignored his teammate, Calvin Ridley's brother. They know what they're doing. He seriously plays like DeSean Jackson.

edit:

Also Parris is apparently not great at tracking the deep ball I'm seeing. I mean maybe he flops but he's no Chris Conley.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean I did say he had a high ceiling which is certainly better than the other way around. He's just not there yet and, well, we've all seen those guys not pan out over the years.

He is supposed to be the best or one of the best returners available this year so they'll get production out of him there at the least.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sorry was responding to Shoah, not you GB

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

See I'm actually all right with that. He's competing for the backup position and they got him in the second round and not early. Especially since they got Risner I think it's okay to take a stab in the dark to find a good player.

Granted there were a lot of really good players still available too

as for mecole hardman, here are his athletic measurements

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1121945658011860992

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DeSean Jackson:

5-10

V.Poor

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kiimo posted:

DeSean Jackson:

5-10

V.Poor

Don't pay attention to the size portion, obviously. I myself love me some small receivers. That's really just to include that information but it's taken as a given that there are more than one type of receiver

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For what it's worth, according to Veach they had to trade up for Hardman

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1121986592380469248

I think he said the same thing about Speaks last year and I didn't buy it then.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Draft every WR faster than 4.35.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Play posted:

See I'm actually all right with that. He's competing for the backup position and they got him in the second round and not early.

Oh I think it’s fine. My point was that it was funny that Elway went out of his way — in a tweet — to reassure Flacco that he was the starter.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

For what it's worth, according to Veach they had to trade up for Hardman

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1121986592380469248

I think he said the same thing about Speaks last year and I didn't buy it then.

catfished

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I was worried about taking Lock with the 10th pick (less so after the Flacco trade) but at 42, it's fine. He'll probably suck but that's all you'll ever get in the second round. It'll help if they can manage to keep the same coordinator for more than a year

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/Ryan_McCrystal/...hp%3Ft%3D322610

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ZOC8w9B5I

https://twitter.com/TrainIsland/sta...2610%26page%3D2

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/sta...2610%26page%3D2

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan...2610%26page%3D3

quote:

Overall, Thompson is a Tarik Cohen-type of prospect: undersized with minimal power, but his start-stop athleticism and instant juice make him a dangerous player in a complementary role.

Instant weapon for the Chiefs offense.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 27, 2019

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I love the Juan Thornhill and Derwin Thompson picks, like the Khalen Saunders pick, and wish we had grabbed a better WR or CB than the ones we got. Also wish we had taken some kinda TE, there’s nothing behind Kelce. The defense adds of Frank Clark, Thornhill and Saunders are really big.

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 27, 2019

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I love the Juan Thornhill and Derwin Thompson picks, like the Khalen Saunders pick, and wish we had grabbed a better WR or CB than the ones we got. Also wish we had taken some kinda TE, there’s nothing behind Kelce. The defense adds of Frank Clark, Thornhill and Saunders are really big.

Just notified you drafted Thornhill at 63 in the goon draft too. Serendipity. I will take this to mean he will be a perennial all pro.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I like the picks the Chiefs made, but I thought they really had to come out of this draft with a quality corner. Waiting till the end of the 6th round is a real disappointment.

It's going to be a major problem for this team yet again.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/coachscholz/status/1020112528557322240?s=21

Chiefs new RB front squatting 500 :captainpop:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

I like the picks the Chiefs made, but I thought they really had to come out of this draft with a quality corner. Waiting till the end of the 6th round is a real disappointment.

It's going to be a major problem for this team yet again.

What was it 7 corners drafted before the Chiefs picked. Try to get Patrick Peterson maybe

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kiimo posted:

What was it 7 corners drafted before the Chiefs picked. Try to get Patrick Peterson maybe

The corner that got drafted isn't too impressive either. Short and a little slow

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1122235729617268748

The Khalen Saunders pick is great though. Check him out on tape, a 300 pounder with a solid middle section who bounces around like 200 lb db and does backflips. The kind of movement you don't often see in guys that look like him, and he plays super low to the ground. He was great at the senior bowl against future NFL talent and looks like the kind of one gap penetrating DT which the Chiefs love

Darwin Thompson looks like a really fun player and a change of pace back and Juan Thornhill at FS looks real promising as well. 3/5 with the caveat that they didn't manage to get any of the really top guys

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Frank Clark is the good guy we can consider the first rounder. I love every pick but Felton

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Khalen Saunders is faster and more agile than Breeland Speaks lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I absolutely hated the Speaks pick and they traded up to get him when there were a number of decent corners available.

I'm still waiting to be proven wrong, and now he has tons of quality competition so if he doesn't win the starting role this season I'm already in favor of flushing him. He's slow, unathletic and straight up fat. I would say give him time in the new position and scheme, same as KPass but neither look promising at all.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Days later and I still have no idea how they could reason creating the worst CB group by trading off Marcus Peters and follow it up by practically not addressing the position beyond some scrap heap pick ups.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It’s not that bad. Fuller, Breeland and Ward are all average to above average. We just have no clear cut very good to elite CB1 and if any of those 3 guys get injured there’s no one behind them trustworthy.

I’m enjoying looking at the new front seven. Should be a fun group.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There were 8 corners taken in front of the Chiefs so if given the option of taking the 9th best corner or a replacement for Hill I'd rather they did that.

They should trade for another corner though and I imagine they will. It's not like we have a cap problem anymore.

edit: also Thornhill played two years of corner and lead the NCAA in pass break ups and ints I heard, although I didn't research this stat. He can help.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 29, 2019

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Carr handing the ball off to Josh Jacobs and throwing the ball to Antonio Brown/Tyrell Williams/Hunter Renfrow is a much more exciting group than they started with last year. Hopefully Kolton is moved to RT so Trent Brown can slide into the LT spot. Gabe Jackson may slip back over to LG to replace Osemele and Goode will slide into RG

Defense wise, the addition of Ferrell will help Hurst the rest of the line get pressure, the addition of Lamarcus Joyner and Jon Abrams and a new CB2 will hopefully give the d line another split second to get to the QB.

The outright weakness is obviously linebacker (still, after ten years), but hopefully Brandon Marshall and Vontaze Burfict will ahahahaha

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 29, 2019

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I find it annoying that the Raiders are being less funny lately and adding quality players.

I'd be a lot more annoyed if they added Good Josh Allen though.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

kiimo posted:

I find it annoying that the Raiders are being less funny lately and adding quality players.

I'd be a lot more annoyed if they added Good Josh Allen though.

While Josh Allen may have a higher ceiling than Ferrell, he would have to switch to 4-3 and learn a shitload more pass rush moves than just speeding past the OT

Ferrell steps in as a dude with something like 50 starts at DE with a full compliment of pass rush moves. I'm not saying that Josh Allen will bust, but on the Raiders Josh Allen probably bust. I think ultimately Ferrells ceiling is something like a Chandler Jones or Robert Quinn which would be awesome. I think his floor is much higher than Allen's, which is good because I'm so sick of failed high ceiling Raiders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The chargers are good and added to an already great defense.

Shame about the OL