Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

User Name - CirclMastr
Contact Info - PMs or Discord - CirclMastr#0848
City/State/Country - Camano Island, WA, USA
Do you have a group now? Nope, just moved here
What are you willing to play? Board games, card games, RPGs, you name it. I'll try any game at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
User Name - Resting Lich Face
Contact Info - PMs or Discord - Kae Tlynn#7600
City/State/Country - Houston, TX, USA
Do you have a group now? - No. Online D&D game ended a few months ago.
What are you willing to play? - Most familiar with D&D 5e. Shadowrun sounds like a cool setting. Would also be very interested in a Star Wars game. Most interested in longer-format TTRPGs but boardgames can make a nice filler when not everyone can make it.

Would prefer a group that meets in a public space (game store or something) at least until I know the people. Gotta stay safe.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

User Name - Change my Name
Contact Info - PMs
City/State/Country - Manhattan, NYC
Do you have a group now? I'm DMing 5e for my friends, but it's only once every three weeks so I'm looking for another table
What are you willing to play? Looking for a longer-form D&D 5e game, story stuff is cool by me and I wouldn't play a murder hobo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
City/State: Olympia, Washington
Do you currently have a group: No
What are you willing to play? Board games, war games, miniatures games, pnp games. Hell pretty much anything besides larping in your sex dungeon is fine with me. There are groups here that I've found that mostly meet at the game shops and uhh I'd rather play somewhere a bit more chill with a beer or ten rather than in a game shop.

just posting again email me nerds, i know there are a few of us around here

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

User Name - Xalidur
Contact Info - PM or Discord murraydd#9676
City/State/Country - Skaneateles NY (Near Syracuse)
Do you have a group now? - Yes, but I've mostly been DMing online and I miss DMing tabletop.
What are you willing to play? - Anything D&D adjacent; I like crunchy/tactical combat. I'm pretty interested in DMing Pathfinder 2e when it comes out for a change of pace. I've played a lot of 5E. I like 4E and Book of Nine Swords. I usually run long/homebrew campaigns in a grimdark/pulp Sword & Sorcery vein.

Possible dealbreakers up front: I have a young child so tolerating occasional toddler-related hijinks is appreciated; I work a rotating shift so my campaigns do best with a semi-flexible schedule (i.e. at least two potential days to meet up each week).

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
User Name - Mycroft Holmes
Contact Info - PM or Discord Mycroft Holmes#1618
City/State/Country - Raleigh, NC
Do you have a group now? - No
What are you willing to play? - We'd primarily be playing GURPS but I have other systems we could do. Just no D&D. I've got some ideas for campaigns I'd want to run by everyone. I need 5 players.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

User Name - panascope
Contact Info - PM or Discord (rarely checked) panascope#3713
City/State/Country - Longview, WA
Do you have a group now? - Yes
What are you willing to play? - Horus Heresy, but also Magic (Commander ideally). This is mostly an open call to anyone in the PNW or considering moving here to join our bigass group and come get trashed on Busch. I’m also in Portland 5 days a week for work so post-work meetups and lunch games are also an option. If you love cheating and being a scumbag in games you’ll fit right in.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

User Name - SirPhoebos
Contact Info - PM or Discord SirPhoebos#8061
City/State - Chicago, IL
Do you have a group now? - no
What are you willing to play? Anything, within reason

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Meet hot elfgame nerds in your area!

User Name - ninjahedgehog
Contact Info - PM, or arathkopf at the gmail
City/State/Country - Boston
Do you have a group now? Nope
What are you willing to play? I've mostly played and DMed 3.5 and 4e in the past, but I hear 5e and Edge of the Empire are pretty fun? Really I'm down for whatever as long as all parties involved wear deodorant

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 14, 2019

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I guess I should repost in this thread now that I’m not working a 90% travel job anymore.

User Name - Captain Psyko
Contact Info - forum PM’s work good.
City/State/Country - New York Metro Area/Long Island. Nassau County or queens is ideal, but I can schlep to other places like Brooklyn or Manhattan or Trash Island or whatever for the right and sufficiently regular situation
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? That’s a negative.
What are you willing to play? - Ideally I’d like D and D (5e is pretty cool),or one of the many fine totally boy D and D offshoots (I’ve Found a Path or 7 in my time, 13th age owns, etc). But realistically, i’m Open to any system and happy to learn things; I really just need a regular game night in my life again.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 14, 2019

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
User Name - OscarDiggs
Contact Info - PM works. Discord is Oscar Diggs#5767
City/State/Country - UK, but if we're over Discord then I'm pretty open schedule wise.
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No live ones
What are you willing to play? - I'm pretty desperate to try a Masks game right now

trouser_mouse
Apr 27, 2008

User Name: trouser_mouse
Contact Info: Discord is trouser_mouse#0681
City/State/Country: UK (GMT+1/BST)
Availability: Friday, Saturday evenings after 6PM - using Discord / Roll20
Do you have a group now: Yes, D&D5e on Mondays
What are you willing to play?: I'm looking to try new systems, the following look great:

Barbarians of Lemuria / Everywhen
Monster of the Week / Dungeon World
Stars Without Number
Lazers and Feelings / Goat Crashers
Scum & Villainy

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

User Name: clusterfuck
Contact Info: PM here is fine
City/State/Country: Sydney Australia (GMT+10/AEST)
Availability: evenings after 6PM prefer livegame
Do you have a group now: DMing D&D5e fortnightly. Looking for table to join as player.
What are you willing to play?: 5e or other D&D - interested in older modules. SotDL, Hackmaster or Numenera.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
User Name - VanguardFelix +1
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Greensboro, NC USA
Do you have a group now? No, but I have a friend that wants to play as well
What are you willing to play? Hoping for Starfinder or Pathfinder, but both of us are open to pretty much anything as long as the group is welcoming, and isn’t problematic around women and gaming!

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
User Name: Mederlock
Contact Info: PM's
City/State/Country:
Availability: Some weekdays after 6PM, generally open on weekends
Do you have a group now: Yes, full group I'm running in D&D5e, roughly every two weeks.
What are you willing to play?: Looking to run another game a bit more frequently, as I'm a new DM and want to work on my chops. Looking to run D&D 5e.

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 21, 2022

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
User Name - moush
Contact Info - pm or email me at moush31 at gmail
City/State/Country - Dallas, TX
Do you have a group now?: no, everyone got busy and now i have no one to game with
What are you willing to play? I'm used to board games, but I am down to play some dnd/rpg but I would need some help learning the system

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure
User Name - Flail Snail
Contact Info - PM, Kaulesh#1475, flailsnail at shitshow dot systems
City/State/Country - Indianapolis, Indiana - far far north side. The Books & Brews mothership is fine. I can do Doughnuts & Dragons sporadically but it's a bit far. I'd really like something in Fishers or Noblesville.
Availability - After 7-7:30 most days. I can probably make just about any time work on the weekends.
Do you have a group now? Yes, but a monthly game just isn't scratching that itch.
What are you willing to play? What aren't I willing to play? Preferably not D&D/Pathfinder, though I'll play and enjoy it if that's all there is. I would like to get something started (as GM or player) in Mork Borg, Shadows Over Sol, or Age of Ambition (once the latter is released) but I recognize those are somewhat niche.

Flail Snail fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 17, 2020

SourceRyan
Aug 4, 2011

User Name - SourceRyan
Contact Info - PM, SolarizedRed#4036
Location - PDX | Portland, OR
Availability - Sunday or Monday
Do you have a group now: Yes, currently running alternating SotDL and Dungeon World sessions for 3-4 people, but we're losing at least one player to a move and so there's room for more on either!
What are you willing to play: Beyond SotDL and Dungeon World, I have D&D 5E, 13th Age, SWN, and a few other systems that I'd be willing to run and/or play. Open to other systems if you're running them!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Does anyone here live in south Florida? I’m near Miami, and play a bunch of FFG games (X-Wing, Armada, Legion). My closest store (Silver Dragon Tavern) closed in May, and the next closest for me is ~1hr away.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

User Name - Bad Munki
Contact Info - PM, Discord: gshort#1330, Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/gshort
Location - Des Moines IA area, west side
Availability - ???
Do you have a group now: Sorta? We have three that play very sporadically, we may have just added another, and really we’d like one more for that optimum players+GM critical mass. Another player would be sweet, or better yet a GM would be ace so I could take a break! Otherwise, if someone has an open seat, I’d love to jump in on a game, just me.
What are you willing to play: Personally, anything, I’m happy to learn a new system. I cut my teeth on 2nd ed ad&d, did a lot of GMing under 3rd ed and taught the current group to play with that, and we’ve since moved to 5e, which is probably what they’d most like to stick with? But I’ve also dabbled in a bunch of other types of systems. Our sessions are heavily beer and pretzels style, RP-lite, just a bunch of dads reclaiming the glory days.

Last time I posted here, someone messaged me after like a year and then I accidentally ghosted him for a couple months and never heard back after that, whoops, sorry.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

User Name - Tenik
Contact Info - PMs or Your Buddy#4652 on Discord
City/State/Country - Astoria, Queens, NY. I can get to most parts of Queens, Manhattan, and northern Brooklyn pretty easily.
Availability - Saturdays are preferred, but I'm up for any day but Sunday.
Do you have a group now - I've joined a couple D&D 5e games through Meetup, but they went very, very poorly. I currently play in a goon Gloomhaven group, but we do not have room for more.
What are you willing to play - I'm fairly new, so D&D or some similar system would be preferred, but I'm up for trying anything!

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.
User Name - back of the bus
Contact Info - PMs
City/State/Country - Cleveland, OH, USA - East side preferred but I can go anywhere
Availability - My schedule is wide open, so whenever we can do it up.
Do you have a group now - No current group
What are you willing to play - DnD 3.5 or 5, Star Wars D6, Battlelords of the 23rd Century, but really anything available

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
User Name - Slaan
Contact Info - PMs
City/State/Country - Atlanta, GA. I live in Stone Mountain so east is easier
Availability - Mostly weekends
Do you have a group now - No
What are you willing to play -

Anything. I've loved listening to actual play podcasts of various kinds and online a couple times, but never found a group to play with. Looking for any group willing to deal with a new player.

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”
User Name - Dukket
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Minneapolis, MN Willing to travel a bit
Do you have a group now - No - I haven't playing any table top RPG's since the early 90's. Am fairly new to the state so no real friend base.
What are you willing to play - Kinda whatever - DnD is what I'm most familiar with, but I'm flexible.

Its been so long I'm really a new player

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
User Name: Tuxedo Catfish
Contact Info: PM
City/State/Country: Pittsburgh, PA
Do you have a group now: Online yes, but not in person; I'm trying to branch out a bit.
What are you willing to play: High-crunch games, maybe narrative stuff if it has a really good hook. Absolutely no 5E or FATE.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

User Name - Enola Gay-For-Pay
Contact Info - PM or email jbelton@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Durham, NC
Do you have a group now? - No, but I've got a few interested people.
What are you willing to play? - I'm not especially picky, but probably not D&D or Pathfinder. I tend to like urban fantasy games like Unknown Armies and Chronicles/World of Darkness, and I'm interested in trying new games and systems. I used to have a group of real RPG enthusiasts and we would tinker with systems and play new games every few months, and I'd like to get something like that going again, but mostly I just want to get some regular gaming going.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I've moved to a new town so I might as well see who's around.

User Name - Hardcordion
Contact Info - PM or @Hardcordion#8275 on Discord
City/State/Country - Kelowna, BC
Do you have a group now? - Not an IRL one
What are you willing to play? - I'm most familiar with DnD 4e, 5e and a handful of indies but I'm willing to learn most games.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
User Name - GreenMarine
Contact Info - PM or @Brandon Reinhart#2898 on Discord
City/State/Country - Austin, TX
What are you willing to play? - I'm down for D&D 2E, 5E, board games, and LCGs. I am interested in 1 on 1 wargames, role playing games, etc.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 3, 2020

Jerik
Jun 24, 2019

I don't know what to write here.
OK, I don't know whether there'll be any groups that could work with my circumstances, but what the hey; I guess it doesn't hurt to ask:

User Name - Jerik
Contact Info - Forum PM works, I guess
City/State/Country - Los Angeles, CA. (I'm in Granada Hills, specifically, FWIW.)
Availability - Therein lies the rub. See below.
Do you have a group now? No, for the reasons described below.
What are you willing to play? I'd be up for about any RPGs, though I don't particularly enjoy rules-light narrative games like FATE. (Despite its reputation as a narrative, relatively rules-light system, though, Apocalypse World/PbtA seems to avoid the things I most dislike about FATE, so I'd be willing to give it a try.) I've played and run a lot of different systems, mostly on the crunchier side, including but not limited to D&D, Pathfinder, WoD, Call of Cthulhu, Champions, and Feng Shui, but I'm certainly not averse to trying something new.
e: What the hey, at this point I'd even be up for board games. I'm normally much more into RPGs than board games, but board games are likely to work better with my scheduling issues.

Special Circumstances: The main reason I'm not currently in a group, and that I'm not sure I'll be able to find one that works out, is because I have an extremely irregular and unpredictable work schedule, which means I can't commit to a regularly scheduled game. (I often don't even know whether or what time I'll be working on a given day until the night before.) I'm hoping to start a PBP game some time in the nearish future, since my work schedule wouldn't be a problem with that, but, well, it's been a little while now since I've been able to do any in-person gaming, and I miss it. So I'm hoping there might be a group somewhere nearby that either does a lot of one-shot games, or has a campaign structured so that it's okay for one of the PCs to not be there every session...

Jerik fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 28, 2019

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
User Name - xenoletum
Contact Info - PM or @trashemoji#0069
City/State/Country - South Jersey/Philadelphia, PA
Availability - See Info
What are you willing to play? - 5e. I'm itching still to play and my LGS's Adventurer's League night has been troublesome if not also not fitting my schedule.

More Info: I am available all weeknights after 8 PM EST and all weekend. We might be willing to host nights at our place or for one of us run modules if need be, as always with a new group a Feeling-Out period needs to be done to see if everyone will mesh.

Eldritch BiLast fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 20, 2019

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 28, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
User Name - Pennywise the Frown
Contact Info - PMs
City/State/Country - Kenosha, WI
Availability - Whenever I guess
Do you have a group now? Never had one.
What are you willing to play? I'd like to try something like D&D. I guess I'm open to more things but I don't even know what's out there.

I've never played an RPG before. Maybe 2 sessions of D&D about 10 years ago but that fell apart immediately. I really don't like travelling but I highly doubt there's anyone in my area anyway. I heard you can do D&D online somehow so that's what piqued my interest.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
User Name - Dr.D-O
Contact Info - Discord @CurriedMayo#7646
City/State/Country - Halifax, NS, Canada
Availability - Most evenings after 6/7 PM, most Saturdays.
Do you have a group now? I run a D&D 5e game in my basement with some friends on a monthly basis. I haven't been a player in a very long time and don't know anyone who is currently running a game. I tried playing via Roll20, but it never seemed to work out logistically.
What are you willing to play? Most interested in D&D. Ideally 5e, but I am familiar with 3.5, 2e, and basic. I'm open to anything, though, so long as the game is fun.

Goldmansack
Sep 3, 2004

User Name - Goldmansack
Contact Info - PMs, Discord @Goldmansack#4508
City/State/Country - Fairfax, VA
Do you have a group now? I have a group of former co-workers who meet too infrequently for my preferences.
What are you willing to play? Looking to play medium-to-long games, along the lines of the Splotter/COIN realm.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Goldmansack posted:

User Name - Goldmansack
Contact Info - PMs, Discord @Goldmansack#4508
City/State/Country - Fairfax, VA
Do you have a group now? I have a group of former co-workers who meet too infrequently for my preferences.
What are you willing to play? Looking to play medium-to-long games, along the lines of the Splotter/COIN realm.

There's a regular board game group that meets every Saturday at around noon at Pair o' Dice in Fairfax, if that's what you were looking for.

Goldmansack
Sep 3, 2004

Chronische posted:

There's a regular board game group that meets every Saturday at around noon at Pair o' Dice in Fairfax, if that's what you were looking for.

Thanks, I'll have to check them out

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

User Name Chronische
[b[Contact Info:[/b] PMs, Discord @Chronische#7903
City/State/Country: Fairfax, VA
Availability: Currently Monday evenings
Do you have a group now?: Yes, three other players.
What are you running?: FFG Star Wars, Force & Destiny. Ran all the FFG systems on and off over the years, wanted to run it again.

Chronische fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 22, 2020

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
User Name - see left
Contact Info - PMs
City/State/Country GTA
Do you have a group now? A few hangers-on that might join from time to time
What are you willing to play? General board / card games, but I'm open to whatever.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
User Name - Bumper Stickup
Contact Info - http://steamcommunity.com/id/offshoretoast/
City/State/Country - Salisbury, MD
Do you have a group now? - Nope.
What are you willing to play/have experience with? - I've played a little bit of DnD 3.5, Pathfinder 1e and 2e, Starfinder, and Call of Cthulhu 7th edition. Pretty open to trying any system and am open to board games.

edit: oh yeah.

Availability - My hours are erratic but I can almost always fit something in. Wednesdays are never good for me.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
User Name - Lucas Archer
Contact Info - PM me
City/State/Country - Chicago, IL, the NW burbs
Do you have a group now? - A Skype group that I’ve been running Pathfinder for 4 years now, but nothing else.
What are you willing to play/have experience with? - 5E, Pathfinder, really willing to give anything a shot. Also up for a regular Arkham Horror LCG or Gloomhaven group. But I really want to DM or play in an rpg.
Availability - Thursday and Saturday evenings are no goes. I’m usually free any other evening and am willing to carve out a slot in my time every week for a good group.