Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Gifted really hosed up when they had their human antagonist (who was frequently portrayed sympathetically) join the goddamn Purifiers in S2. In the first season they at least had him be a government agent so there was some accountability and the worst actions were mostly due to him being mislead by other characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I watched a couple episodes of season 2 but just couldn't find the heart to continue. It just got into this really weird realm of still being dramatic but not really being entertainingly dramatic.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

So are any of the other characters in Cloak and Dagger from the comics? Like the doppelganger lady
She's straight from the comics, except for the doppleganger part. That's a twist the show came up with.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

muscles like this! posted:

The Gifted really hosed up when they had their human antagonist (who was frequently portrayed sympathetically) join the goddamn Purifiers in S2. In the first season they at least had him be a government agent so there was some accountability and the worst actions were mostly due to him being mislead by other characters.

I think they were trying to go for a radicalization arc with him, but it just seemed kind of rushed. In concept, there wasn't much wrong with him being radicalized, but it happens so quickly and haphazardly, and they keep putting him in situations where he is given a chance to listen to reason and not become a bigot terrorist, so it comes off as kind of wonky.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, as someone in the TVIV thread said, they must have thought they were going to be the next Lost so they can lay in all kinds of mysteries and answer the later while playing up the drama between the characters, but it felt more like they didn't know what to do with anyone. Like what was the thing between the Strucker kids? What was Reina's plan? Like why not answer what happened to the X-men and Brotherhood by the end of the second season, and use that as a springboard for a new story arc, but nope, just more people yelling at each other other stupid poo poo while nothing happens.

And seriously, the Cuckoos being revealed made everyone go nuts, because holy poo poo there are characters that are from this century, and imply that maybe the show will start borrowing from the 2000s and later comics. Nope, we never got another named mutant, everyone either had some generic glowy power or was just strong.

And yea, Jace joining the Purifiers was a huge mistake, because they never had that moment were he realized he was over his head, or had to confront them on their actions, he just went along with it. I don't know what the show was trying to say morally. Like Polaris kills Dr Mengela and Senator Genocide and everyone acts like she murdered a bunch of children in a nursery.

But the shows worst sin is the worst sin any piece of media can be, it was just boring in its second season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_HGsn33ww
Krypton s2 trailer, now with Lobo!

Also Seg-El looks terrible with a beard and they REALLY need to stop calling Dru-Zod just "Zod" when there are other characters also named Zod.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
E: tviv mods misgender, don't acknowledge or apologize for doing so and I'm left with having to cleanup their aftermath because of course. But whatever

site fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 20, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm really sorry that happened to you site, but we're not doing Star Trek talk in this thread just because the TVIV thread is poo poo. Just like we're not doing Star Wars in the movie thread just because the CD thread is poo poo.

Also I just looked and the person that did that to you in that thread is not a TVIV mod.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh

Well

Turns out I don't actually give a poo poo which sub they mod. They have a star next to their name so deflecting with they aren't the tviv mod but they are the mod of [other sub] is a worthless distinction to me

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm just saying they don't get to set the rules of the thread so don't let them tell you what you can and can't post there.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

site posted:

Oh

Well

Turns out I don't actually give a poo poo which sub they mod. They have a star next to their name so deflecting with they aren't the tviv mod but they are the mod of [other sub] is a worthless distinction to me

u have to be an insane person to mod here so the blue star is kind of a red flag

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

scary ghost dog posted:

u have to be an insane person to mod here so the blue star is kind of a red flag

Then how come I don't have one.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Then how come I don't have one.

Everyone with a blue star is a maniac, but not every maniac has a blue star.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_HGsn33ww
Krypton s2 trailer, now with Lobo!

Also Seg-El looks terrible with a beard and they REALLY need to stop calling Dru-Zod just "Zod" when there are other characters also named Zod.

Lobo still looks a bit bad, but I am interested to see where they go with everything else. With how serious everything else is on the show, I'm glad they are going for fun bounty hunter Lobo and not some edgy dark version of him.

site posted:

E: tviv mods misgender, don't acknowledge or apologize for doing so and I'm left with having to cleanup their aftermath because of course. But whatever

People gave you some sass because you jumped to a very silly conclusion and then decided to double down on it, not because you are a girl hth

:justpost:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 23, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
thanks for telling me how i should feel about getting misgendered and then redtexting me i guess, random person

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Is krypton good like gotham?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It has some decent worldbuilding and drama but it's kinda formulaic otherwise.

(Gotham is good?)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I found Krypton insanely boring. It's full of attractive people that have zero charisma.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Is krypton good like gotham?

I didn't watch Gotham past s1 so I can't say for sure. From what I've heard Gotham leans into the cheese after s1 while Krypton plays it a little more serious. The plot on Krypton moves at a breakneck pace though once you get past the first 3 episodes. I guess the similarities would be that both Gotham and Krypton are allowed to take some liberties with the DC canon and lore(or at least the Krypton showrunners said they could basically do whatever they wanted).

site posted:

thanks for telling me how i should feel about getting misgendered and then redtexting me i guess, random person

I didn't say anything about how you should feel about being misgendered nor did I give you that red text. :shrug:

I was just trying to explain why a few people in the Disco thread jumped all over you. Just ignore them and :justpost: about :techno:. Season 3 should be great since they won't have any constraints about being a prequel anymore.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Anyone keeping up with American Gods Season 2, a lot of people seem to hate it even though I'm getting exactly what I want from that adaptation.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
ok

achillesforever6 posted:

Anyone keeping up with American Gods Season 2, a lot of people seem to hate it even though I'm getting exactly what I want from that adaptation.

it's watchable enough, but it feels very much reined in creatively compared to S1, which I guess is what you'd expect given all the behind-the-scenes turmoil

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 24, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy gently caress do not post Endgame spoilers in the tv thread, I don't care how vague they are!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Holy gently caress do not post Endgame spoilers in the tv thread, I don't care how vague they are!

This just reminded me to stay completely off SA thank you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seriously, edit that poo poo out right now you dipshit.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Seriously, edit that poo poo out right now you dipshit.

ok

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SwampThing trailer

Looks alright I guess

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
DC universe also just dumped 20k comics on their service, I may finally sign up. Kind of wish they would get more platforms out faster but I can use my phone for comics at least.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

DC universe also just dumped 20k comics on their service, I may finally sign up.

They should've led with that instead of "gently caress Batman".

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Nipponophile posted:

They should've led with that instead of "gently caress Batman".

Seriously. A big reason I didn't jump on it was because of the lack of comics AND the lack of video content. The comics should have been the easy part.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cloak & Dagger continues to be amazing. Between this and Endgame, Marvel's had a pretty amazing April.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Spider-Man TV spinoffs are coming as part of a new overall deal Phil Lord and Chris Miller signed with Sony. Probably (hopefully?) just animated, but who knows. https://deadline.com/2019/04/phil-lord-chris-miller-mega-deal-sony-pictures-tv-spider-man-universe-tv-series-1202603847/

I thought Marvel Animation had the Spider-Man rights, but I dunno exactly how it's structured

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Barry Convex posted:

Spider-Man TV spinoffs are coming as part of a new overall deal Phil Lord and Chris Miller signed with Sony. Probably (hopefully?) just animated, but who knows. https://deadline.com/2019/04/phil-lord-chris-miller-mega-deal-sony-pictures-tv-spider-man-universe-tv-series-1202603847/

I thought Marvel Animation had the Spider-Man rights, but I dunno exactly how it's structured

*looks around frantically to make sure I'm the first person to tell this joke*

THE CLONE HIGH SAGA

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

THE CLONE HIGH SAGA

:golfclap:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

THE CLONE HIGH SAGA

Ben Reilly: "Say WHAAAAAT"

Barry Convex posted:

Animation is under Television but yeah who can ever tell with these loving behemoth corporations

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

TwoPair posted:

Ben Reilly: "Say WHAAAAAT”

say what.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

Ben Reilly: "Say WHAAAAAT"

Animation is under Television but yeah who can ever tell with these loving behemoth corporations

Which Lady Spider would be Joan and which would be Cleo?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/live-action-ghost-rider-and-helstrom-tv-series-heading-to-hulu-in-2020?linkId=66795246

"Marvel's Ghost-Rider" and "Marvel's Helstrom" make their way to Hulu in 2020, as Marvel Television and Hulu expand their partnership with the addition of these two new live-action series based on fear properties.

https://twitter.com/IamGabrielLuna/...390821087137793

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm glad Disney and Disney are getting along with each other.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

lomzus posted:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/live-action-ghost-rider-and-helstrom-tv-series-heading-to-hulu-in-2020?linkId=66795246

"Marvel's Ghost-Rider" and "Marvel's Helstrom" make their way to Hulu in 2020, as Marvel Television and Hulu expand their partnership with the addition of these two new live-action series based on fear properties.

https://twitter.com/IamGabrielLuna/...390821087137793

well, Ghost Rider was handled decently on AoS, so this has potential. I hope they actually go full-tilt supernatural with these shows, none of this "the Staff of One and the Darkhold are actually just advanced super-science" poo poo

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gabriel Luna is really good in the role, so this makes me happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Luna is confirmed to reprise the role, but it sounds like the show may not treat his AoS appearances as canon? idk

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/

quote:

Gabriel Luna is once again suiting up as Marvel’s Ghost Rider, but this time for Hulu.

Variety has learned exclusively that Luna will star in the recently announced Hulu live-action series based on the comic book character. This will mark the second time that Luna has played Ghost Rider, previously appearing as the character in the ABC-Marvel series “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in no way connected to the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” storyline.