Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i'm kinda baffled because i think like D&D had contempt for this show like 5 or 6 years ago but they like refused to let it go to someone who likes it or knows what the gently caress they're doing and as a result we got some of the worst television ever as a followup to four years of some of the best it's loving weird and psychotic and ego-maniacal i hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

basic hitler posted:

i'm kinda baffled because i think like D&D had contempt for this show like 5 or 6 years ago but they like refused to let it go to someone who likes it or knows what the gently caress they're doing and as a result we got some of the worst television ever as a followup to four years of some of the best it's loving weird and psychotic and ego-maniacal i hate it

Yeah I don't get why hbo let them keep running the show when they wanted out

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Things I liked: 90% of the episode, I mean it's all anime now but whatever it was cool.
The unsullied finally got to use formations and stuff.

Things that where silly: The worst military tactics ever, like wasting the caverly and not permanently blazing the field in Dragonfire from the start.

Dumb as a rock : Arya killing the Night King like that, at least do some kinda "hah he turned bran but now I ki Bran so you all get 3eyed ravenfucked".

Zedd fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 29, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's amazing that Martin has only just barely managed to publish one novel in the 8 years this show has been airing

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah I don't get why hbo let them keep running the show when they wanted out

This show shits money. the longer it runs under d&d, the more it shits *makes the money finger rubbing thing*

Mantis42 posted:

the metaphor works because, just like the night king, we can wait until the 11th hour to deal with climate change and the solution is actually simple and straightforward

I think this is unironically what technocratic centrism plans to do. Do nothing about climate change, fortify the developed countries, keep living the good life and let everyone else outside the fortress die. Once poo poo get too tough even inside the fortress, deploy aerosols, iron fertilization, etc.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I wonder if D&D do those behind the scenes segments willingly because it often feels indistinguishable from mocumentary.

For their sake I hope it's just some producer forcing them to painstakingly explain obvious rear end subtext.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Frog Act posted:

I mean they could have at least had the cavalry elsewhere to use as the hammer against the unsullied anvil, or put siege weapons behind the walls, or just generally tried tactics beyond "run right at them". I agree that not using generic siege tactics when the enemy can't be starved out and can climb walls is the right idea, but they also spent all that time and effort putting dragonglass all over the walls and then ran out of clever ideas.

If I read one more post about hammers and anvils I'm gonna freak

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Simone Poodoin posted:

This is all a fake "happy ending" before everyone dies and Cersei wins

:pray:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

They should've been dropping anvils off the walls onto the zombies. Not sure about the hammers, I assume Gendry had his but it was too dark to see

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gendry wasn't there because they probably saved like $5k by not putting him in the episode and those 10 seconds of Ghost weren't cheap you know

HBO's trying to run a business here after all

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Gendry wasn't there because they probably saved like $5k by not putting him in the episode and those 10 seconds of Ghost weren't cheap you know

HBO's trying to run a business here after all

But he was there. He was hammer thumping zombies on the wall for a while.

He was the hammer to the anvil of winterfell's wall, if you will.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I remember back then in either the book thread or a past season thread positing that no way would the series end with something as simple as Jon fighting the Night King with a Long Claw +1 while Sansa casts buffs and Arya does 3d6 sneak attacks
Lolllllllll

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Bran becomes king and an adviser comes in and goes "your grace, the small council is about to convene..." and then his eyes roll back into his head and he just spends the whole time flying around in a flock of crows or some poo poo.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Right now Maisie Williams is heading to the melting ice caps to kick their rear end with sick flips.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Leaks by a person who knew episode 3 details likes Arya killing the night king

quote:

Hate to say it but Dany is going to be killed by Jon. No baby. No happy ending unless you are a Sansa fan.

It's the worst possible ending, but all the confirmed stuff came from a source who also gave me info on a couple of occasions.

Some main points:

Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

Cersei has Missandei executed.

Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

In another message, (I think it's the same person with a different throwaway) said that next episode we will see Tyrion and Sansa begin to scheme against Dany and try to start getting Jon against her.

He has now said that Sansa will betray Tyrion in the end after promising they rule together but she keeps it all to herself. Two possible outcomes for Jon: he either goes to start a new nights watch or he ends up dying.

Sorry this is all over the place, some details are unclear, but the main points stand. He also told me about Arya killing the NK a fee weeks ago, but I didn't believe it. Apparently he worked on episode 6 and they have two different endings for Jon

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

quote:

Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

Lol. What a mental image.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Didn't that turn out to be a different account?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YaketySass posted:

Didn't that turn out to be a different account?

Don’t take this from me. I want to believe.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Leaks by a person who knew episode 3 details likes Arya killing the night king

Yesss. Burn this poo poo to the ground ending.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Best part of this season has been Ghost just added to scenes during post-production so nobody interacts with him.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Admiral Ray posted:

Best part of this season has been Ghost just added to scenes during post-production so nobody interacts with him.

It absolutely rules especially with his odd running in the charge where he looked like his top speed was way faster

It's the show equivalent of just putting a picture of him in the corner of the tv and I love it

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Those leaks are under a different account, but if that were true and not bullshit that's not bittersweet, that's literally the worst possible ending of all possible endings. Full Tyrant Dany, Full Betrayer Sansa? loving please. Sell me some believable fake leaks if you're going to.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

CGI is expensive.

https://www.google.com/search?q=whi...wninpBuv7q2R3M:

Add some snow and darkness so people can't see poo poo and bam a dog becomes a direwolf!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

mastershakeman posted:

It absolutely rules especially with his odd running in the charge where he looked like his top speed was way faster

It's the show equivalent of just putting a picture of him in the corner of the tv and I love it

Ace Combat 7 literally did this in a cutscene, they put a 2d picture of a dog in a pre-rendered cutscene. Everyone joked about it and the devs said it was the beloved, but unfortunately deceased, dog of one of the devs, so they put the picture in as a tribute.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sky Shadowing posted:

Ace Combat 7 literally did this in a cutscene, they put a 2d picture of a dog in a pre-rendered cutscene. Everyone joked about it and the devs said it was the beloved, but unfortunately deceased, dog of one of the devs, so they put the picture in as a tribute.

Hell yeah

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Every fake spoiler was better than the real plot so far

Yeah, even the lovely spoilers get my hopes up.

RocketSurgery
Feb 11, 2009
what would a new nights watch be watching

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

RocketSurgery posted:

This show, for eternity, as punishment

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

RocketSurgery posted:

the prequels

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I just want to know if he breaks Jennings winnings record

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Calaveron posted:

Man I remember back then in either the book thread or a past season thread positing that no way would the series end with something as simple as Jon fighting the Night King with a Long Claw +1 while Sansa casts buffs and Arya does 3d6 sneak attacks
Lolllllllll

yeah jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez the dichotomy between this show s1 and now is dexter s1 vs s7

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

also lol twitter is mad that people are saying arya killing the night king is dumb

are these the people that are surprised superheroes win fights

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
last scene is going to be a baby white walker opening his eyes

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

On the one hand this seems a good way to establish that the others are a force of nature and cannot be done away with - just stalled and would salvage the three eyed raven stuff a little bit.

On the other hand lol this show.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

It's probably going to be dumber like Bran going north and morphing because "There must always be a Night King" or something equally stupid.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
I find this dark ending poo poo so hard to believe because the showrunners seem so committed to being cornball fantasy fan service they can't even kill off a main character during the epic battle. I might accept some elements of it, but I just don't see them closing out on anything more bittersweet than "the good guys won and a few gave their lives for it"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

ive always wondered...the babies that the NK turns into white walkers...do they have to grow up or do they just morph into the old man walkers? Are there white walker toddlers? teens?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
I love the idea of Bran warging and greenseeing during the small council meetings like a teen on the phone

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

they're all in the winter daycare with the night's queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

sam & jon are at the big hole in the wall w a bunch of new nightwatch recruits

sam: jon i dont get why we went back here the night king is dead and also the wights and all the wildlings moved south

jon: because sam... winter.. is coming... [jon scowlys northwards while wind blows his hair]

camera pans north through the wall over glaciers n maybe af rozen river or something before zooming in on a little white baby on a big mountain peak

the baby's eyes open up. they're blue magic eyes.

cut to black

audience erupts into applause. weaker willed audience members break into tears.