Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Time posted:

Is massacre girl an elite quarterback in the nfl?

i had her in sealed and didn't 7-x so she's andy dalton.

so yes she is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anglachel
May 28, 2012

qwewq posted:

Green based, very readily GR or GW. Kronch Wrangler is the jumping off point for some pretty reliably fat bodies. T2 Wrangler, T3 Raging Kronch, T4 Bloom Hulk is T5 lethal, and the window for interacting with it without all but the best common removal closes quite quickly. Wrangler and Bloom Hulk are no joke.

I mean the consensus seems to be aggro is hard to pull off in this format, but i would guess it would be GR or GW if you can pull it off.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

anglachel posted:

What are you drafting for beatdown in this format?

G/W proliferate is my favorite so far, if your first pack isn't strong, feel free to slam a Bloom Hulk. The other two I like are R/W and G/R. There's probably an aggressive U/R spells deck, but those are the three colors with the best aggressive commons. Spellgorger Weird has been completely absurd for me as well, even in a deck like G/R. I think I'd still take Jaya's Greeting over it right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually the best red common, the same way be the end of Guilds people would take a Healer's Hawk over Luminous Bonds.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

so yes she is

loving :laffo:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

so yes she is

I had her in sealed and went 6-3 but at least two of those losses were to Massacre Girl, so she went 8-1

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

so yes she is

Lol

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

so yes she is

I'm tired of Massacre Girl's garbage time stat accumulation. Sure she can kill X/1's, but what's her QBR in a prime time game against the Steelers?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Marketing New Brain posted:

I'm tired of Massacre Girl's garbage time stat accumulation. Sure she can kill X/1's, but what's her QBR in a prime time game against the Steelers?

Massacre girl is actually James Harrison

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Teferi is Tom Brady

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Welcome to my 90 minute podcast where each week I spend the whole time saying “Aaron Rodgers is Ral”

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Someone played ashiok against me once then kaya's ghostformed it thinking they were cool and I won easily so the card sucks qed.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Top quality analysis from cfb's facebook.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1122922695593582593

you dumb motherfuckers, you absolute incompetents, you complete morons, you could make $20 from like a hundred thousand people by offering all 36 WAR planeswalker alternate arts for 4000 gems

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

massacre girl boom

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 29, 2019

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Hellsau posted:

you dumb motherfuckers, you absolute incompetents, you complete morons, you could make $20 from like a hundred thousand people by offering all 36 WAR planeswalker alternate arts for 4000 gems

It's impressive how committed they are, as an organization, to making bad decisions.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Marketing New Brain posted:

It's impressive how committed they are, as an organization, to making bad decisions.

It is probably a licensing issue?

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
It was probably a bad licensing decision, yes.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

mossyfisk posted:

Ehh, wizards doesn't tend to license their art, and while sure they could have, itd be hard to imagine getting rights to print them on cards (and there's no way they're paying per piece) and not the rights to using them in their digital game, especially if they're going to use the art for card backs.

Card styles need to match the art they're a style of, right? So between some combination of the expectation internally that styles be animated, and a lack of original art to match them too, I'd bet they just never considered doing it. Which is even worse.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

mossyfisk posted:

WOTC owns the characters, rights, blah blah blah, and retains licensing rights for all work they commission. Unless there is something drastically different about the commissioning of these alt-arts, it's entirely just a bad business decision by WOTC.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Xenoletum posted:

The Goon MTG discord link on the first page is expired. Is there still a discord up for this? I got a bunch of cards over the last few days and have no idea where to start for a build. The old Brewhaus thread is 2 years old and untouched.

https://discord.gg/zg6fDFU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Xenoletum posted:

The Goon MTG discord link on the first page is expired. Is there still a discord up for this? I got a bunch of cards over the last few days and have no idea where to start for a build. The old Brewhaus thread is 2 years old and untouched.

Yes come hang out in the cool kids club https://discord.gg/ZpGfwM

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone confirm each prerelease pack was supposed to have an arena promo code in it? I'm looking at the 7 (?) in my deckbox from the event and I guess someone nicked mine since all I have are ads for the novel, ultrapro, core set 2020, fnm, and modo. :(

e: 7 tokens that is. It wouldn't be one of the tokens from a pack I guess and I don't recall seeing anything but my two promo cards otherwise in the box.

Fuzzy Mammal fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 29, 2019

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Can someone confirm each prerelease pack was supposed to have an arena promo code in it? I'm looking at the 7 (?) in my deckbox from the event and I guess someone nicked mine since all I have are ads for the novel, ultrapro, core set 2020, fnm, and modo. :(

e: 7 tokens that is. It wouldn't be one of the tokens from a pack I guess and I don't recall seeing anything but my two promo cards otherwise in the box.

It would've been on the back of a loose Zombie Army token in the box, I believe.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ItBreathes posted:

Card styles need to match the art they're a style of, right? So between some combination of the expectation internally that styles be animated,

there is literally no reason for all styles to be animated, and in fact that would be an exceptionally stupid requirement given they don't do lenticular promos or whatever they just do a bunch of alternate arts which are cool and good and would be perfect candidates to sell people to bling out their Arena profiles, like imagine if they sold a pack of 36 styles for the WAR planeswalkers for :20bux: or whatever that costs in gems so that when you draft one of the many planeswalkers in the set, you can either play with the normal version or swap to the fancy Japanese version, that'd be sweet and would have made them an insane amount of money for extremely little manpower cost (literally just an art swap and to code that a style exists for X card) and for no additional asset commission cost.

so yeah you're probably right it's some dipshit executive who made a rule that all styles need to be animated and also $10 each or whatever

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

TheMaestroso posted:

It would've been on the back of a loose Zombie Army token in the box, I believe.

One of mine was on a Wizard token, the other was on a Zombie. It's the loose token with the MTG Arena logo on the back that says "Thank you for coming to the prerelease"

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

TheMaestroso posted:

Yep, should've been behind the two pre-release foils, It's a code for a draft entry.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

It's almost certainly because they don't have all the resources lined up to animate them like the other terrible card styles.

I'm annoyed that we probably won't get promos / alt art cards without that dumb parallax effect.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

They’ve already added non-animated alt-arts so I’m not sure why that would matter.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

rear end Macker Girl

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

anglachel posted:

Saheeli has to be built around and needs to be in the blue/red spell matters archetype. The other planeswalkers are just flat auto includes

people are really bad at reading saheeli's card

she doesn't really have to be built around; she makes 1/1s whenever you cast a non-creature spell and then you can make those 1/1s a copy of any artifact or creature on your board. I tossed her into my last sealed deck and won more than one game off of turning a thopter they left alone into a hasted 5/x or 6/x the next turn (that I didn't even care about dying since it was, yknow, a free thopter)

she's pretty hilarious in drakes btw

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I'd wanted to go to the prerelease, but I found myself busy making GBS threads and vomiting my brains out instead. I went mostly black with red splash.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

admanb posted:

They’ve already added non-animated alt-arts so I’m not sure why that would matter.

But not since introducing the parallax card styles, right? It's not that they can't add alt art promos, it's that they only want to add more parallax ones.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Hellsau posted:

These absolute ninconpoops could get like 5-10 bucks from me pretty easy just by offering a Bolas avatar for gems.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

ptroll posted:

But not since introducing the parallax card styles, right? It's not that they can't add alt art promos, it's that they only want to add more parallax ones.

Sure, but they haven't added any cosmetics since that wave so we don't really have any precedent in either direction.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Kurieg posted:

One of mine was on a Wizard token, the other was on a Zombie. It's the loose token with the MTG Arena logo on the back that says "Thank you for coming to the prerelease"

My bad, I just assumed since that was the only token I saw it on out those I could see on the day.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Zemyla posted:

I'd wanted to go to the prerelease, but I found myself busy making GBS threads and vomiting my brains out instead. I went mostly black with red splash.

sounds like you had a great saturday night

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope once the meta settles Dreadhoard Arcanist is good enough because it is running away my favorite card in the set.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Japanese Planeswalker alternate arts are going to be on MTGO. There is no logical reason for them to not be on Arena, other than someone at WotC/Hasbro being extremely stupid, and multiple people at WotC/Hasbro not wanting to earn literally millions of dollars in cosmetic items for their free-to-play game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Huxley posted:

I hope once the meta settles Dreadhoard Arcanist is good enough because it is running away my favorite card in the set.

Both the Feather and Wizards decks that use it are really fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Hellsau posted:

The Japanese Planeswalker alternate arts are going to be on MTGO. There is no logical reason for them to not be on Arena, other than someone at WotC/Hasbro being extremely stupid, and multiple people at WotC/Hasbro not wanting to earn literally millions of dollars in cosmetic items for their free-to-play game.

I mean, in two weeks it's going to be "alt-art planeswalkers coming to Arena". They're nothing if not willing to change their mind.