Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

VWVWV posted:

I ordered a free mcboot memory card off eBay earlier this week and I’ve put it to good use: skateboarding as Solid Snake. MGS2 has been running fine from a USB drive since I haven’t bumped into any fmv yet, but I just set my PS2 up to play ISOs from my pc over ethernet and now I feel like the most powerful gamer alive

I have a PS2 Slim with a hosed up laser, I should really try this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Man I would love to do something like this but I’m so lazy and so dumb

You just spend 10 dollars to have someone else do t for you when you buy the preloaded memory cards online

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I buy my video games.

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have a PS2 Slim with a hosed up laser, I should really try this

That’s exactly what got me to do it. Very worth it imo

In Training posted:

You just spend 10 dollars to have someone else do t for you when you buy the preloaded memory cards online

Yop. I’m lazy and dumb too crunk bird. I believe in you.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

VWVWV posted:

. I’m lazy and dumb too crunk bird. I believe in you.
Maybe someday..

I was thinking about the final fantasy legends - saga thing and remembered I had a very weird game boy game when I was a kid called Revelations: The Demon Slayer which I later found out was a Megami Tensei game. I wonder if I still have that cartridge somewhere, I remember it being a cool but very obtuse game

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Wound up going down a weekend-long CK2 rabbit hole with a friend. Getting back to reality feels weird.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

Wound up going down a weekend-long CK2 rabbit hole with a friend. Getting back to reality feels weird.

I extremely know the feel.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The Gamer Bends.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Switch road trip like a 30 year old boss!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Switch road trip like a 30 year old boss!

Hell yes. I can't wait to graduate from mom driving me around while I play Switch in the passenger seat to wife driving me around while I do the same

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

After a lot of false starts, I think I'm finally going to dig into Vesperia this weekend.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

More CK2 and picked up Mordhau to scratch that Chivalry Medieval Combat itch.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

might try out tekken 7 finally

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Mario 3D Land. UNIST later most likely, along with FFXIV content.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Witcher and Fire Emblem

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wrapping up HLD and more halo 2 coop hopefully

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Coffee and Dragon Quest V on the PS2. This rules so far

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

More CK2 and picked up Mordhau to scratch that Chivalry Medieval Combat itch.

How’s Mordhau? I’ve been looking forward to that one for years but there’s no way my PC will be able to run it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m going to get back on Octopath Traveler, and maybe a little Sims 4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I don't like about 3D Land is Small Mario's voice.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

FFXIV if the crew is on otherwise its time for 3DS backlog

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got a Free McBoot memory card so I'm gonna try to get my PS2 Slim with a hosed up laser to boot games over the network.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Final Fantasy X-2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got a Free McBoot memory card so I'm gonna try to get my PS2 Slim with a hosed up laser to boot games over the network.

I should do this at some point, I tried to buy one off a guy on reddit but he got the address wrong and went radio silent after I asked for a new one.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

How’s Mordhau? I’ve been looking forward to that one for years but there’s no way my PC will be able to run it.

I’ll let you know. From most accounts it’s Chivalry with tighter gameplay.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I should do this at some point, I tried to buy one off a guy on reddit but he got the address wrong and went radio silent after I asked for a new one.

I got mine off a reddit guy and it came in like two days and has a sweet Dragonball sticker on it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got mine off a reddit guy and it came in like two days and has a sweet Dragonball sticker on it

It's probably the same guy lol. Looking forward to the trip report.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
FFXII

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

:hellyeah:

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Picking license boards for my characters like wow Balthier is SUCH a Scorpio lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

OoT. Gonna pick up my biggoron sword

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

This. And maybe some picross s3

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Less than 50 puzzles left in Baba Is You. More puzzle games need to have a secret third left when you think you're done.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

playing city of heroes this weekend with the same group of friends i last played this game with 15 years ago. feels nice

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Minecwaft.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Less than 50 puzzles left in Baba Is You. More puzzle games need to have a secret third left when you think you're done.

more games should do this in general.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

It's probably the same guy lol. Looking forward to the trip report.

Oh poo poo

Oh poo poo

I've only played around with it for a litle bit but it seems to work perfectly just as if it was playing off an actual disc. Also I forgot I have the same weird rear end controller that Synthy posted about years ago lol. Excuse the dust since it's been sitting in a box for over a year. It smells weird for sure

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
How does it smell?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

How does it smell?

Like burning plastic or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Arrhythmia posted:

Im too stupid to get past words 6 7 and 8 oops